To paraphrase Glinda's question to Dorothy: | Syracusefan.com

To paraphrase Glinda's question to Dorothy:

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
"Are we a good team, or a bad team?" It seems to me we are a mediocre/bad team without Grant and good/mediocre team with him. One of the things that has really confused me this season is the fact that we played Duke close both games. If we can play DUKE (imagine golden glow and angels singing) close, that must mean we're a good team, right?

But: what if Duke is not really a good team? Huh? Then, all is chaos. What is indisputable is that when Duke came to the Dome, both teams played an extremely high caliber basketball game. That will stay in my memory banks a long time, and warm the cockles of my heart until the day it stops beating.

I think we're a good solid team. I stand by what I've been saying since the beginning about us not being an elite team this season, and that isn't knocking us, we have a solid team that is capable of beating any team we play but also capable if losing to some really bad teams (even with a healthy Grant).

Whether we win it all or are one and done I wouldn't be shocked either way. Very tough team to read this year.

"Are we a good team, or a bad team?" It seems to me we are a mediocre/bad team without Grant and good/mediocre team with him. One of the things that has really confused me this season is the fact that we played Duke close both games. If we can play DUKE (imagine golden glow and angels singing) close, that must mean we're a good team, right?

But: what if Duke is not really a good team? Huh? Then, all is chaos. What is indisputable is that when Duke came to the Dome, both teams played an extremely high caliber basketball game. That will stay in my memory banks a long time, and warm the cockles of my heart until the day it stops beating.
Tomcat's observation of the GT game got it right. My restatement: With Grant, SU is like a finely tuned Ferrari. Without Grant, that Ferrari has blown a piston rod.

what kind of shark have jumped when we are quoting Glinda and the Wizard of Oz???

th

lets focus, get in character...and get back on point......
pulp-fiction-2.jpg

We are a good team with JG and not so good without him. Per the man behind the curtain...

what kind of shark have jumped when we are quoting Glinda and the Wizard of Oz???

th

lets focus, get in character...and get back on point...
pulp-fiction-2.jpg
OMG, that movie was a nightmare to sit through! Aunty Em! Aunty Em!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom