To The Anae and Beck Family | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

To The Anae and Beck Family

I miss those.

Sometimes I find them someplace and they're just not quite right.

I've tried making them here in Utah and they just don't work. I think the elevation messes something up.
Since Hemstrought's is no more, you can only get the official ones at Hannaford in the Utica area, I believe.

On behalf of PENNDOT I apologize for our terrible roads
if you get a flat on 81 just let us know :)
You and the Mrs. take care of the southern part of 81 in PA. Me and Orangezoo got it covered on the northern half.;)

I miss those.

I've tried making them here in Utah and they just don't work. I think the elevation messes something up.
I live in New Hartford, and even the Hemstrought's half moons don't taste the same as they used to. They aren't bad, I can eat a bunch of them, but I think they were better back when we had Hemstroughts all over the place, including the mall.

Last edited:
Hopefully their flat is within a couple miles of Binghams in Lenox...several of us would volunteer to drive to them and help for a free meal.
Went there once. Not a good experience. Maybe try again.

Since Hemstrought's is no more, you can only get the official ones at Hannaford in the Utica area, I believe.
They've reopened the bakery down on Oswego street in Utica. I don't know who owns it. I haven't been in there in at least 15 years. I don't even know what they bake there now. But, you are correct, you can get half moons in almost any grocery store in the Utica and surrounding area.

They've reopened the bakery down on Oswego street in Utica. I don't know who owns it. I haven't been in there in at least 15 years. I don't even know what they bake there now. But, you are correct, you can get half moons in almost any grocery store in the Utica and surrounding area.
Harrison Bakery for half moons !!

I miss those.

Hemstroughts in Utica makes the best (in my humble opinion). And I know there’s not an official hemsroughts anymore but whoever is doing them under the name has nailed it.

Safe travels up I-81. BTW, yes the roads are always that bad in Pennsylvania.

A few things about my area I grew up in:

The food is great in CNY. A few dishes to try: Chicken Riggies, Utica Greens, Salt Potatoes, Fried Haddock, Hofmann Snappy Grillers and German Franks.
A few towns and areas to visit with the family: Skaneateles, Cooperstown, Cazenovia, Thousand Islands, Finger Lakes and Lake Ontario.
Green Lakes State Park is a special place really close by for a quick trip with the kids. Walk the trails around the two lakes.
dude add and edit Clayton into that list!

Last edited:
Wegmans does a pretty damn good halfmoon and if by chance you think they shorted you on the frosting you can buy extra to be sure a judicious amount has been applied. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I can assure you judicious amounts were applied to my halfmoons. :cool:

Wegmans does a pretty damn good halfmoon and if by chance you think they shorted you on the frosting you can buy extra to be sure a judicious amount has been applied. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I can assure you judicious amounts were applied to my halfmoons. :cool:
Half moons from the bakery in Lyncourt are great.

Back to the title subject, in case you haven't noticed, the fanbase is thrilled to have you here.
You will love a Friday night game against a nationally ranked team. The dome before the new roof was so loud on 3rd and long, QB's had to call timeouts, because you couldn"t think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom