To The Anae and Beck Family | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

To The Anae and Beck Family

Let me guess, you have never been to the south side so you make a stupid comment like that because you’re so ignorant ? Some of us grew up in the city and I’m always going to stand up for it. Zero reason for comments like that...
I spent 2 weeks every summer and some holidays on Fernwood Ave, at my grandmother’s house, which was where my father grew up. It was a safe place. It’s not now. Denying that is not being realistic.

Let me guess, you have never been to the south side so you make a stupid comment like that because you’re so ignorant ? Some of us grew up in the city and I’m always going to stand up for it. Zero reason for comments like that...
I get it. My buddy's friend that lives in the area invited me and him to hang out at his apartment one time and told us to wear ours.

When my son and I traveled a lot for soccer, I would play the “leave as little gas in the rental as possible” game. My PR was the digital display indicating I had “0 miles” left as I started onto the ramp to the parking garage at Logan airport.
Did they not charge some crazy amount to fill it up?

I spent 2 weeks every summer and some holidays on Fernwood Ave, at my grandmother’s house, which was where my father grew up. It was a safe place. It’s not now. Denying that is not being realistic.
When I was a kid in the late 80's I had some friends that lived on South Salina. They told me some interesting stories. One week one summer I stayed with them and it was made clear we were to stay indoors while their parents were at work.

It’s just the complete opposite of my like. It’s like, “hey I made you some pizza, it’s really doughy. Oh, and I ran out of cheese. Oh, and our ovens broke, so it’s cold”.

Completely agree with this. My wife went to Utica hospital for a training and she was like…..

When I first heard about it, i thought, wow, this sounds very bad.

But friends who I really respect were huge fans of it, and arranged to bring some to a party from Utica.

It was just as I imagined. Not awful but not appetizing in the least.

I don’t get it. Maybe there is a tomato pie gene and I am missing it.

But from what I have seen, one’s affection for tomato pie is directly related to how close one grew up from Utica. I am glad some love this. You can have mine!

Mangia mangia!

It’s basically the pizza North Korea would invent if they gave free pizzas away to all their citizens.

Love Utica food but not a fan of this dish

I practiced and played Rugby for the Syracuse Rogues at Kirk Park for 2 years. Never had a problem.

When my son and I traveled a lot for soccer, I would play the “leave as little gas in the rental as possible” game. My PR was the digital display indicating I had “0 miles” left as I started onto the ramp to the parking garage at Logan airport.
You probably had 2 gallons left

I practiced and played Rugby for the Syracuse Rogues at Kirk Park for 2 years. Never had a problem.
Ok. Statics tell us it’s unsafe. (We used to do NY day at my grandmothers and would get kicked out or go ice skating at Kirk Park every year. Froze my arse off)

I always do the thing where you don’t have to fill it up. (Enterprise). I pay some fee in advance. It’s just easier than having to stop to get gas last minute
Yep. Same. Always.

Usually, the contracted per gallon rate (at least at National, which I use) is pretty good.

Funny u should say that, I STILL live on the south side, saying that the corner of Brighton and Salina is not dangerous is kinda funny. I would have no problem myself going in there, just kinda makin a joke, sorry you got so offended buddy.

Not one in Charlottesville though...they are probably more familiar with Food Lion and Bo Boxes.
And Utica Greens.

Upside down pizza is good to! Btw welcome coaches to the Cuse. The best place to live in the US and I really mean that. Wegmans, Turning Stone, community we got it all!

I always do the thing where you don’t have to fill it up. (Enterprise). I pay some fee in advance. It’s just easier than having to stop to get gas last minute

Yep. Same. Always.

Usually, the contracted per gallon rate (at least at National, which I use) is pretty good.
The Enterprise office nearest us usually has a great price on gas that's really hard to beat at local gas stations. Way more often than not, we'll sign up for that option rather than try to fill it ourselves.

Funny u should say that, I STILL live on the south side, saying that the corner of Brighton and Salina is not dangerous is kinda funny. I would have no problem myself going in there, just kinda makin a joke, sorry you got so offended buddy.
Maybe the poster means Strathmore has fine living, and no problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom