Today I stopped by the North side beverage in Auburn | Syracusefan.com

Today I stopped by the North side beverage in Auburn

retro44

Living Legend
and bought the last 12 pack of cold Shaefer beer on the shelf.It's tasty...

Will have to get some for the spring game.

I will be drinking one Schaefer per tailgate for good mojo this fall. However, saying "it's tasty" makes Lance Armstrong and Manti Teo look like the captains of the truth squad

love it was the last on the shelf ...

I will be drinking one Schaefer per tailgate for good mojo this fall. However, saying "it's tasty" makes Lance Armstrong and Manti Teo look like the captains of the truth squad
i'll supply you with Piels then

by the definition of tasty being "something that has taste" then it qualifies.

I mean, piss is a taste right?

I am forming a recipe for Scott Shafer Citrus Summer Shandy as a partial wheat beer. Infuse a little Orange peel. Maybe like 2lb of some orange blossom honey. Yea. It's gonna work out nicely.

by the definition of tasty being "something that has taste" then it qualifies.

I mean, piss is a taste right?

I am forming a recipe for Scott Shafer Citrus Summer Shandy as a partial wheat beer. Infuse a little Orange peel. Maybe like 2lb of some orange blossom honey. Yea. It's gonna work out nicely.

I'm old school here as I don't hold my pinkie finger out when I guzzle the beer

If you want really good mojo you'll place a little Otto sticker over that stray "e" in Shaefer to make it more accurate.

Is Northside Beverage and Northside Collision owned by the same guy? Brilliant!

You're all too young to remember "Congress" and "Haberlees" (sp) Brewed on the North side.

Schaefer was the beer I grew up on. My grandfather, who lived to be 91, had one every night with some cheddar cheese. When I was about 4 years old my father would give me some in a mug shaped shot glass. Needless to say when I ventured into a bar during my formative years it was my beer of choice.

Of course my tastes have matured over the years but like my first serious girl friend, it always has a special place in my heart. When my family gets together at weddings and we are all "three sheets to the wind" we all start singing and invariably one of the tunes is the Schaefer jingle - "Schaefer, is the, one beeer to have when your having more than one...". I drank one not too long ago and it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be, although I wouldn't want to make it my primary beer today.

If I can locate a beer distributor in Jersey near my home that carries it, I will make it part of my gameday mojo ritual.

yea, what is that Shafer 4% EtOH tops?

With a OG of what the recipator says will be 1.069 im looking at 7.4%

Here is a cool little linky I made

Along with MINI's suggestion I would like to request the SS Imperial Stout. It should be as dark as the hearts or our defense, hit like a tank, and allow as much light through as our defense that it represents... oh and have hints of chocolate and expresso.

I think dnabb should make a "lock the doors lager" too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom