Todays guest: Pete Davidson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Todays guest: Pete Davidson

Does it? Are there any young people in the CNY area who were on the fence about going to the game who decided to go because Pete D. Is going to be there?
Right. If I wasn't inclined to go a game, I'm certain that knowing that an actor/SNL cast member being in attendance would not impact my decision, at all.

Because no one in life deserves a second chance. As pointed out above his father was a first responder who died in the World Trade Center on 911. He also suffers from Crohn's disease (Dan Johnson). He suffers from mental illness with anxiety and depression and has been public about this. He made a stupid comment. Maybe he is trying to make amends. And this season he has doubled his Saturday Night Live production and is one of the most popular people on the show. He is hot stuff, and young potential recruits will love it. You are all wrong.
I mean, TBH I don't get the attraction for females. But .. he's actually really funny on SNL. And he brings buzz (reat that: interest for college kids), at a time when the program could use some.

Last edited:
I don’t get Weitsman. I understand that he’s wealthy. I don’t understand the concept of, “I’m paying celebrities to hang out with me. Give me attention.”
Right. If I wasn't inclined to go a game, I'm certain that knowing that an actor/SNL cast member being in attendance would not impact my decision, at all.
This can't happen every week. Pete Davidson is a very VERY well known actor in the college age range, and yes, it will get the students talking about the game. He's no Giannis, but the hate about the buzz is so incredibly odd.

Attention is being brought to the program with celebrities: the target demographic for guests is for the younger generation, not the one on this board.

I don’t get the concept of “I’m sitting in section 311 and I can see Pete Davidson who is the size of an ant sitting near the scorer’s table. This is awesome!”

I don't think you need to agree with Weitsman, or even think it has a tangible benefit for the basketball program... but does it HURT the program? If not, why do you care so much about what he does? It's as weird to me see posters complain about how Weitsman pays people to join him for game, as it actually is for him to do it.

I don't think you need to agree with Weitsman, or even think it has a tangible benefit for the basketball program... but does it HURT the program? If not, why do you care so much about what he does? It's as weird to me see posters complain about how Weitsman pays people to join him for game, as it actually is for him to do it.

I just think the promotion of it is weird. No, it doesn’t hurt. But the fact that the program is in horrible shape at the moment isn’t helped by the “guess which celebrity is coming to watch SU waste a big 1st half lead” game.

Because no one in life deserves a second chance. As pointed out above his father was a first responder who died in the World Trade Center on 911. He also suffers from Crohn's disease (Dan Johnson). He suffers from mental illness with anxiety and depression and has been public about this. He made a stupid comment. Maybe he is trying to make amends. And this season he has doubled his Saturday Night Live production and is one of the most popular people on the show. He is hot stuff, and young potential recruits will love it. You are all wrong.

i just dont understand the hate. just let these celebs come. they all seem to enjoy it enough. and even if absolute worst case it doesnt help as much as some may think it doesnt hurt anything. like nothing. if you are saying anything negative... anything negative... you are the issue.

(no "you" is about llandz, obviously... just agreeing with her point)

I mean, TBH I don't get the attraction for females. But .. he's actually really funny on SNL. And he brings buzz (reat that: interest for young people), at a time when the program could use some.

I'm the opposite. I can see why women are attracted to him but I don't think he's funny at all. He's like Jimmy Fallon. His gimmick is breaking character. I just don't find that incredibly amusing.

Dude def hangs dong his track record is absurd

I didn’t expect that to show up in this thread.
dongle GIF

It's interesting looking back to those who posted before Giannis came saying, "it's not like he will post about the experience on social media and meet with the team and it be a big deal outside CNY." That's exactly what happened. He even talked about it after a Bucks game.

You don't have to love that Weitsman does it, but the hate is completely baseless at this point.

This board would go nuts if he brought Bruce Springsteen, but guess who wouldn't care at all: the students or the team. May be hard to believe, but I promise you it's true. His guests are for a specific demographic for a reason.

It's interesting looking back to those who posted before Giannis came saying, "it's not like he will post about the experience on social media and meet with the team and it be a big deal outside CNY." That's exactly what happened. He even talked about it after a Bucks game.

You don't have to love that Weitsman does it, but the hate is completely baseless at this point.

Personally I don’t hate that Weitsman does it; I just don’t get why he does it. If I were wealthy and had incredible seats, I’d bring my family and friends. Not people who I don’t really know and wouldn’t give me a second look if I weren’t paying them to hang out with me. It’s the “paying people to hang out with him” part that makes it weird for me.

Questions:
1. How much does it cost to do this?
2. What possible payment motivates a guy like Tom Brady to come to game given he must already have more money than Fort Knox?
3. If Pete Davidson is on SNL, isn’t there SNL things he’s supposed to be doing a couple hours before a live show? Rehearsals, especially with inexperienced guests, etc.

Overall, these celebrity guest things are a plus. Probably doesn’t move the needle in a huge way but always makes the program seem 2% more hip when they show the celeb on the ESPN broadcast. The program could always use that when the other dominant image is of our Get-Off-My-Lawn Crypt Keeper aged coach who does a damn fine Donald Trump impression in half his post game press conferences.

Questions:
2. What possible payment motivates a guy like Tom Brady to come to game given he must already have more money than Fort Knox?
3. If Pete Davidson is on SNL, isn’t there SNL things he’s supposed to be doing a couple hours before a live show? Rehearsals, especially with inexperienced guests, etc.

Overall, these celebrity guest things are a plus. Probably doesn’t move the needle in a huge way but always makes the program seem 2% more hip when they show the celeb on the ESPN broadcast. The program could always use that when the other dominant image is of our Get-Off-My-Lawn Crypt Keeper aged coach who does a damn fine Donald Trump impression in half his post game press conferences.

SNL is off until 2/28.

It seems we’ve already hit the spot where we’ve officially run out of celebrities. Perhaps more specifically, Weitsman has run out of celebrities who he can convince to come play with him in Syracuse during the winter.

I’m holding out hope that he somehow gets The Rock to come with him to the Duke game. Even coaches thought The Rock was coming to a game a couple of seasons ago.

Questions:

No SNL tonight.

Winter Olympics Coverage.

Personally I don’t hate that Weitsman does it; I just don’t get why he does it. If I were wealthy and had incredible seats, I’d bring my family and friends. Not people who I don’t really know and wouldn’t give me a second look if I weren’t paying them to hang out with me. It’s the “paying people to hang out with him” part that makes it weird for me.

I don't know Weitsman, but looking at his instagram he does bring his family/non celeb friends to some games. He def likes the attention this brings and he seems to want to be a big influencer that celebrities all like, which is fine.

Questions:

Don’t know if it’s truthful but Giannis claims he wasn’t paid.

I'll be polite and just say I'm not a fan of Pete Davidson. Lamest guest to date by far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom