Todays guest: Pete Davidson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Todays guest: Pete Davidson

This can't happen every week. Pete Davidson is a very VERY well known actor in the college age range, and yes, it will get the students talking about the game. He's no Giannis, but the hate about the buzz is so incredibly odd.

Attention is being brought to the program with celebrities: the target demographic for guests is for the younger generation, not the one on this board.
Correct -- it's not for fans in the stands even. You get social media buzz and awareness/mentions of Syracuse basketball. Weitsman gets it. The syracuse passionate fan base is not the audience here. It's casual folks online. Companies pay for a celebrity to post about them on an Instagram. It's no different here except it's more fun and interesting.

Plus, he's a NY State guy. He apologized over the Syracuse comments. He's from Staten Island so in his defense, he knows crappy places to grow up. :)

Honestly- this is a zero sum thing. This isn't bringing any attention that is going to make a bit of difference. Doesn't help or hurt us.

I don't get the reason for the buzz was my point. It will be forgotten in a day.

Pete Davidson at a basketball game is going to convince someone to go? That’s pretty sad. I can’t imagine someone who had no desire to go to a game would now think, “Pete Davidson’s gonna be there? Sign me up!”
He’s an A lister to college kids. Fame is no longer accumulated by talent/movies/art. It’s social media. Pete’s as big on social media these days as most of the other guys Adam’s brought except maybe Brady and Jimmy

Yeah I could see the appeal for SU from a buzz standpoint. Still don't quite get what it does for Weitsman. It's not like he's in a line of business where building a public profile is key. And paying guys to attend games with him is just kind of weird.
It helps attendance, recruiting and gameday atmosphere. It’s an x factor contribution that other peers may not have.

I don’t get Weitsman. I understand that he’s wealthy. I don’t understand the concept of, “I’m paying celebrities to hang out with me. Give me attention.”
hWpa0iL.png

Does it though?
Definitely. The guy has millions of followers and every cuse social media handle hypes up his giveaways and celebrity guests days ahead of the games. Thousands of students and post grads follow these accounts. Otto’s army, cuse barstool etc

I’ll probably get scolded for this, but I seriously doubt that any of the high profile guests at SU games have had a tangible impact on recruiting
Wonder if USC with Pete Carrol or the U would say the same.

UNC kids meet Roy and MJ
Duke kids meet K and whoever the hell the brotherhood has around
Syracuse kids get their HOF coach and the ever revolving door of B list and A list relevant celebs that Weitsman brings around.

You’re a highschool kid and you see Melo, Giannis or Tom Brady at a college game…that doesn’t move the needle at all?

Pete will bring some in. But with legalized pot, and his advancing age, he's gonna have to segue into an image beyond slacker stoner to stay in the biz.

UNC kids meet Roy and MJ
Syracuse kids get their HOF coach and the ever revolving door of B list and A list relevant celebs that Weitsman brings around.

You’re a highschool kid and you see Melo, Giannis or Tom Brady at a college game…that doesn’t move the needle at all?

Pete had celebs do more than what Weitsman is doing. He would have them show up to USC practices and give speeches in the auditorium and interact more with the players.

UNC kids meet Roy and MJ

If I was interested in going to SU, then yes, Melo would move the needle. But guys who really have nothing to do with the school, and aren’t legit fans of the program? Nope.

Pete had celebs do more than what Weitsman is doing. He would have them show up to USC practices and give speeches in the auditorium and interact more with the players.
I mean Brady, Giannis, Melo, Waiters, Fallon all spoke to the team in the lockerroom and interacted with the players.

It takes effort imo to downplay this as a non positive for a struggling program.

I mean Brady, Giannis, Melo, Waiters, Fallon all spoke to the team in the lockerroom and interacted with the players.

It takes effort imo to downplay this as a non positive for a struggling program.

Snoop and Will Ferrell are actual USC fans though. Idk I think this has a positive impact clearly but it’s slim at best

Do you think Pete Davidson looked at a list of the most attractive female celebrities and said to himself “I’m going to try to bang them all”?

He’s got quite the hit list.

Do you think Pete Davidson looked at a list of the most attractive female celebrities and said to himself “I’m going to try to bang them all”?

He’s got quite the hit list.
He crosses off all of them that aren’t newly single or newly divorced, right?

Personally I don’t hate that Weitsman does it; I just don’t get why he does it. If I were wealthy and had incredible seats, I’d bring my family and friends. Not people who I don’t really know and wouldn’t give me a second look if I weren’t paying them to hang out with me. It’s the “paying people to hang out with him” part that makes it weird for me.
Anyone on here care to analyze this. I know we have some psychologist on this site. I am sure they could give some insight here. But it appears to me that maybe someone is not happy just being themselves with their current life, and they have a need to stand out to feel secure with themselves. That is my Psych 101 taken in the 1970s professional opinion, lol

He’s an A lister to college kids. Fame is no longer accumulated by talent/movies/art. It’s social media. Pete’s as big on social media these days as most of the other guys Adam’s brought except maybe Brady and Jimmy
Is he? I’m not long out of college and outside of his terrible acting on SNL I cannot think of what else he does? I know he was engaged to Ariana Grande for a week or two

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom