Tons of offers and ounces on verbals | Syracusefan.com

Tons of offers and ounces on verbals

CaliCuse

All American
The ROI seems to be down at the momentTwo verbalsafter about 5075 offers out there seems slim Now maybe that "Return on Investment" pays off later this year but its frustrating now.couchburn

I know. Syracuse should give them 5 minutes to make the biggest decision in their life to date. If the kids can't decide they want to go to Syracuse as soon as they sre offered, pull the offer and move on to the next guy

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Seems like we are just throwing out the line and hoping a fish bites. By giving out so many offers to kids in the same area, like all those LB's from Georgia, I can see a prospect feeling slighted by Syracuse that he isn't a priority, but rather just a body who hits people

Seems like we are just throwing out the line and hoping a fish bites. By giving out so many offers to kids in the same area, like all those LB's from Georgia, I can see a prospect feeling slighted by Syracuse that he isn't a priority, but rather just a body who hits people
Proof positive that you can't please all the people all of the time.

More offers or improved tracking/publicizing of offers? Probably some of each.

I think thats a definite possibility if they look at the offer lists available I agree that the quality of the offers is up

More offers or improved tracking/publicizing of offers? Probably some of each.
I definitely agree to some extent that the publicizing of offers seems much improved this year as well.

The ROI seems to be down at the momentTwo verbalsafter about 5075 offers out there seems slim Now maybe that "Return on Investment" pays off later this year but its frustrating now.couchburn
These kids haven't even finished their junior years of high school. I'm not too worried about it.

Cali, are you on Twitter? If not, you need to be.

I agree. We should just throw up a white flag and quit. Cali is so France.

i am not too worried about it. we have 2 very good commits. if you look back at the last 5 years this is the earliest we had commits. we picked up a few good ones around this time last year (didn't end up signing), so maybe we can get a couple more in the bag. With that said though with schools recruiting kids earlier and earlier we do have one of the lowest amounts of commits among BCS schools. We are still feeling the effect of the staff turnover. some so/jr's that we recruited last year either got lost in the shuffle, or have to be re-recruited, i have a feeling at this time next year we won't be saying the same thing. we do have a few guys that we are heavily involved with that should be making their decision in the next month or 2, so hopefully we have another handful by August just so we don't need to press. you have to remember that a bunch of these kids that are now "committed" still will need to be recruited untin NSD, which is ohhh 8+ months away.

Outside of Pitt and Wake, the other ACC teams are averaging around 10 commits right now. So we do seem to be in the minority. Why that is, I have my own theories but it's probably not worth speculating on. We'll see if all this means something later in the cycle.

Outside of Pitt and Wake, the other ACC teams are averaging around 10 commits right now. So we do seem to be in the minority. Why that is, I have my own theories but it's probably not worth speculating on. We'll see if all this means something later in the cycle.

Simple math will tell you that the average number of recruits committed to ACC teams is roughly 5.5 each. Highest number is louisville at 13 and the next most is 9 by FL State, and the next 3 have 8, BC, Miami and VT.

Not sure where you got 10 as only 1 team of 14 has over 10. The sky is not falling, relax.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/05/syracuse_football_recruiting_s_1.html

I agree, a lot of these offers are really late too. Seems like teams are offering player's months before we do, and they get the upper hand. Like the kid that chose Kentucky, late offer now he's a wildcat, there was an article saying he had interest, a day later he commits to another school. SU was late to offer the RB in Buffalo too, Ny recruits should get offered by SU way before a school like Iowa offers...I think they're late to the party with a lot of recruits

I agree, a lot of these offers are really late too. Seems like teams are offering player's months before we do, and they get the upper hand. Like the kid that chose Kentucky, late offer now he's a wildcat, there was an article saying he had interest, a day later he commits to another school. SU was late to offer the RB in Buffalo too, Ny recruits should get offered by SU way before a school like Iowa offers...I think they're late to the party with a lot of recruits
Um...maybe, just maybe the transition from the old staff to our current staff had something to do with this? We'll be fine.

I might point out to you that France cleaned out Mali from the islamists in a matter of a few months. That's more than some countries can claim for their military misadventures.

I might point out to you that France cleaned out Mali from the islamists in a matter of a few months. That's more than some countries can claim for their military misadventures.
Negative, they may have shuffled the deck, but there will be an insurgency.. It's already happening.

Cali just stated that it's frustrating there haven't been more commits given all the offers known to be out there. How is that quitting / being France exactly?

Good question, pperhaps I'm just hoping he will be all Francy and surrender his status as a fan.

Far to early to be upset at a lack of '14 verbals. I'm pretty excited about 2014
Cali just stated that it's frustrating there haven't been more commits given all the offers known to be out there. How is that quitting / being France exactly?

Somehow I think these guys know what they are doing. And to blame them for not getting in early enough on some ignores the reality of what just happened in this program. these guys are closers - they will get it done. They are casting a wide net and then will hit it hard. have some confidence. And hope we win in 'year 1'...

Good question, pperhaps I'm just hoping he will be all Francy and surrender his status as a fan.

Far to early to be upset at a lack of '14 verbals. I'm pretty excited about 2014
I'm excited about 2014 as well - think these guys will get it done in the end. But I can also see how it's frustrating to not have more verbals by now given the #s some of the other schools are racking up. After Long committed so early I got a little spoiled and was expecting a steady stream of quality commits throughout the spring - it'll come in time, but I am ready to read about the next kid wise enough to choose the Orangemen.

It's still very very early in the recruiting cycle. It feels that the offers out are more visible for some reason. Maybe this staff is a bit more open...or social media has allowed us to know more. Probably a mix of the two. Eastern PA is a great recruiting spot, too. Easily accessible to SU, still within a 6-hour radius, and usually good football. No concerns yet; once camps start, they'll be rolling in, seeing campus, hopefully seeing pics of their new IP and getting a good feel for what it's like to be an SU football player.

Simple math will tell you that the average number of recruits committed to ACC teams is roughly 5.5 each. Highest number is louisville at 13 and the next most is 9 by FL State, and the next 3 have 8, BC, Miami and VT.

Not sure where you got 10 as only 1 team of 14 has over 10. The sky is not falling, relax.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/index.ssf/2013/05/syracuse_football_recruiting_s_1.html

I didn't take the time to do the math but did you include the three teams I singled out in your stats? I'd like to know what the number is without the three stragglers.

The class of 2013 is already in the books...what's the fuss?

It's still very very early in the recruiting cycle. It feels that the offers out are more visible for some reason. Maybe this staff is a bit more open...or social media has allowed us to know more. Probably a mix of the two. Eastern PA is a great recruiting spot, too. Easily accessible to SU, still within a 6-hour radius, and usually good football. No concerns yet; once camps start, they'll be rolling in, seeing campus, hopefully seeing pics of their new IP and getting a good feel for what it's like to be an SU football player.

Exactly. Most of these kids that are being offered haven't even been on campus yet.
I'd rather have them take their time in making a decision and stick to it then see a bunch of decommits.
Maybe we should just wait and see come LOI how many of those early commits at those other ACC schools are still committed to those schools and how many hear the siren song of another program. Remember Anzalone last year? He must have been committed to three schools before he flipped at the last moment to FL.
And then there are kids like Dontez Ford and Daysean Rippy and this whole other wave of commits this year who have now transferred after just one year at their chosen school.
Have a little patience and let the process play out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom