Tony White to Nebraska | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White to Nebraska

With the B1G doing away with divisions and USC joining with a fan base that is less realistic than most Rhule has a tough job. But he has that Panthers money and this so good for him.
With the B1G doing away with divisions and USC joining with a fan base that is less realistic than most Rhule has a tough job. But he has that Panthers money and this so good for him.

And the Nebraska fans already complaining with the White hire. Good luck at that place.

I have no idea but that tweet does not instill confidence.
Players are probably blindsided and a bit emotional. I wouldn’t blame them after all the Ohana and la familia stuff. They will meet with the staff tomorrow and hopefully be re-sold on the program. The defensive group seems tight. I don’t see a lot of them leaving and I sure hope there is no tampering like Addison last year.

I think JMU runs a 4-2-5, I think we need a veteran 3-3-5 guy. Dude is ax excellent coordinator however

I get it but, teams change schemes when they change coordinators sometimes no? Possibly bringing some players in via the portal if there is a positional challenge? Or are you saying Dino would refuse the scheme change?

Either way, its a long shot, i just love what he has done with that D.

Haven't read through the thread so I apologize if I repeat ideas but Syracuse needs to grab a known commodity at the weaker P5/G5 level who runs a similar defensive scheme.

No desire to take a risk with a good recruiter/position coach who doesn't have coordinating experience. Going through the George McDonald experience has ruined that approach for me.

Between the nature of the transfer portal now and sticking to a similar scheme, this loss doesn't have to be catastrophic for next year.

The additional revenue brought in by ticket sales this season easily could have bumped White’s salary another $500 thousand. It just depends on your priorities. The difference between 35,000 and 50,000 is about $1 million in revenue, maybe more.

I had kind of hoped Dino would be gently retired in a couple of years and have White become HC, perhaps with a season of HC in waiting. With Beck as OC.

The additional revenue brought in by ticket sales this season easily could have bumped White’s salary another $500 thousand. It just depends on your priorities. The difference between 35,000 and 50,000 is about $1 million in revenue, maybe more.
So he might have hit $1.3ish per year, I willing to bet Nebraska is closer to $2 million a year

Nor is recruiting Texas.

Yep, No UT, A and M, TT, or for that matter OU.

And they now have to play Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, USC.

But it's not about it, so that's fine.

We joke about delusional fan bases because that's what it is but Nebraska football might be top of the list.

Jamelle Holloway, Keith Jackson (both of them), Mike Rozier aren't coming back...
Johnny Rogers!

After interacting with and observing the behavior of Nebraska fans, particularly on our own players tweets, I do not wish them well. Like at all. Can’t stand them.

After interacting with and observing the behavior of Nebraska fans, particularly on our own players tweets, I do not wish them well. Like at all. Can’t stand them.
White might regret this move, Nebraska gets rid of Head Coaches on a regular basis. If they have another bad year, the new coach might not last more then a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom