Tony White to Nebraska | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White to Nebraska

Who says we can’t poach him back after Dino retires next year?

Re: the Leiker article, what was the “family” component that TW referenced? He was rather cryptic, makes me wonder if that part was just blowing smoke?
Maybe he thought people were looking to "blame unfairly " the AD and Dino and because he is a good guy was just trying to minimize blowback? Given some of the fans on this board and their comments he may have been right. Some fans take stuff waaaaay to personal when a coach or player moves on.

Maybe he thought people were looking to "blame unfairly " the AD and Dino and because he is a good guy was just trying to minimize blowback? Given some of the fans on this board and their comments he may have been right. Some fans take stuff waaaaay to personal when a coach or player moves on.

You think White took a job for twice the pay because he was upset by things posted on this board…… :confused:

So why did he leave?

just say it
If its not money than people usually leave for other personal reasons. Bob most likely left because he didn’t want to work with Dino. White got a better title and mentioned Rhule as a reason.
Im sure Dinos lame Duck status is also a part of their leaving. What we do know is that it wasn't money and they were not asked to leave. They both left on their own for reasons other than money.
Why do you think they left?

I wish him well though don't think his defense translates to the B1G. Rich Rod tried a version at Michigan and failed miserably.
Rich & Gerg, quite the combo. :)

If its not money than people usually leave for other personal reasons. Bob most likely left because he didn’t want to work with Dino. White got a better title and mentioned Rhule as a reason.
Im sure Dinos lame Duck status is also a part of their leaving. What we do know is that it wasn't money and they were not asked to leave. They both left on their own for reasons other than money.

Money

not in the first game
Ok. I just thought it was pretty early in the season. I'm not trying to debate.

Edit: It was the 4th game against Virginia early in the 2nd half. Not as early as I was thinking. Still significant though.

You think White took a job for twice the pay because he was upset by things posted on this board…… :confused:
Lol that is not remotely what I was saying. Franco in the 2nd part of his post regarding the Leiker article and White brought up a "family" component and Franco said " maybe he was blowing smoke ". He being White. I was saying in response to his blowing smoke comment that maybe he was thinking the AD and Dino were going to get blowback from fans and writers because he (White) left. So White made it clear that Syracuse pays well and tried to keep him AND maybe included the "family component " as another reason he left. I referenced that some fans here on this board are a good example of wanting to blame the AD or Dino for White leaving.

Nice non answer. Why are you sure Dinos status had anything to do with White leaving? He was already slotted to be next man up.

Instead of imputing motives, I’ll take him at his word , this move positions him better to be a successful hc in the future. He’s going to work with Rulhe to see how a turnaround artist goes about his business from the very start.

As for the OC, I don’t really care

Lol that is not remotely what I was saying. Franco in the 2nd part of his post regarding the Leiker article and White brought up a "family" component and Franco said " maybe he was blowing smoke ". He being White. I was saying in response to his blowing smoke comment that maybe he was thinking the AD and Dino were going to get blowback from fans and writers because he (White) left. So White made it clear that Syracuse pays well and tried to keep him AND maybe included the "family component " as another reason he left. I referenced that some fans here on this board are a good example of wanting to blame the AD or Dino for White leaving.

Completely missed that, my bad.

So you only believe parts of what White said. Not all. He is one of the most genuine coaches Ive been around. He told us why he left in the article. He meant everything he said but you continue to make stuff up in your head of what he was thinking. Make it make sense.

So you only believe parts of what White said. Not all. He is one of the most genuine coaches Ive been around. He told us why he left in the article. He meant everything he said but you continue to make stuff up in your head of what he was thinking. Make it make sense.

I’m not trying to create drama where there isn’t any but if White was completely truthful in what he said, that’s possibly an indictment on DB. Or that they didn’t get along. He left a program that preaches family/Obana to go to a school with coaches he hasn’t worked with before because he felt it was a better family environment. Maybe I’m reading all that wrong?

I’m not trying to create drama where there isn’t any but if White was completely truthful in what he said, that’s possibly an indictment on DB. Or that they didn’t get along. He left a program that preaches family/Obana to go to a school with coaches he hasn’t worked with before because he felt it was a better family environment. Maybe I’m reading all that wrong?

I didn’t take that family component to mean a family atmosphere in the program. I took it to mean something more personal for him. No idea what family he has there but that’s how I took it.

I didn’t take that family component to mean a family atmosphere in the program. I took it to mean something more personal for him. No idea what family he has there but that’s how I took it.

Gotcha, that makes sense. I read the comments quick from what was posted on here. I’ll have to read them again. Not that it matters. He left, I wished he didn’t but we can get another person and I’m not worried about it.

coaches come and go for different reasons.

Did a wiki comparison, Rhule was White's DL coach at UCLA his senior year.

Makes a lot more sense then.

Again, not creating drama. Coaches come and go. We’ll either make a good hire or we won’t. Coaches sometimes have bad years after a good year, just like players. What happens is going to happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom