Tony White to Nebraska | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Tony White to Nebraska

Ok do you think White lied?
My impression is that you are implying he left because he didn’t want to work for Dino. Is that correct, yes or no.

Nice non answer. Why are you sure Dinos status had anything to do with White leaving? He was already slotted to be next man up.

Instead of imputing motives, I’ll take him at his word , this move positions him better to be a successful hc in the future. He’s going to work with Rulhe to see how a turnaround artist goes about his business from the very start.

As for the OC, I don’t really care
I could care less about your opinion on my answer. I'm still waiting for yours

My impression is that you are implying he left because he didn’t want to work for Dino. Is that correct, yes or no.
No. If he didn't leave for money he might have left for security. I think the fact that Dino is going into next year without an extension played a big role in White leaving. I actually think that Dino and White get along fine. Dr Bob and Dino not so much. Again, why do you think he left?

guys, no one is going to say they left a job for money but almost everyone always leaves for money. Plus, nebraska is a step up in prestige still.
Agreed with the first part but not the second; the B1G itself is a step up but not Nebraska as a program. They are Rutgers West.

To your point though, TW is methodically climbing a ladder and going to the B1G, even as a lateral move, makes logical sense.

Agreed with the first part but not the second; the B1G itself is a step up but not Nebraska as a program. They are Rutgers West.

To your point though, TW is methodically climbing a ladder and going to the B1G, even as a lateral move, makes logical sense.

Nebraska is not rutgers west. Theyre down. But weve been more down. Check nebraskas record from 2008 to 2016. And nebraska has a natty in modern times.

Nebraska is not rutgers west. Theyre down. But weve been more down. Check nebraskas record from 2008 to 2016. And nebraska has a natty in modern times.
Nebraska itself is not a step up from our program. The conference is but the team isn’t.

I bet they now realize they aren’t getting back to the 90’s standard. Just hoping to get pack to the Pelini days now.

Last edited:
I bet they now realize they aren’t get back to the 90’s standard. Just hoping to get pack to the Pelini days now.
Many of their fans don’t realize that, they’re delusional. Must be all that fresh air and corn or something.

Nebraska itself is not a step up from our program. The conference is but the team isn’t.
Nebraska has struggled post-Pelini, however I can't think of a single advantage Syracuse has over that program. Both teams are in tough a place to recruit geographically, but Nebraska has the facilities, fan support, history and B1G cash to overcome that.

Nebraska has struggled post-Pelini, however I can't think of a single advantage Syracuse has over that program. Both teams are in tough a place to recruit geographically, but Nebraska has the facilities, fan support, history and B1G cash to overcome that.

Exactly. It is what it is. That said, it might be easier to win at Syracuse.

I don’t want to get into it because I am a diehard Syracuse fan but I think arguing Syracuse is the same level program as Nebraska is a bit of a stretch.

Rhule was on during the Purdue Nebraska bball game, talked for at least 10 minutes and never Tony White once, total disrespect.

May not be able to talk about him until he clears the background check they said they were doing.

May not be able to talk about him until he clears the background check they said they were doing.
Tony White? I guess that could be true in today's culture. He has coached at 2 major university's, what do they hope to find? I would think you would do background check's before you announce a hiring. No, Matt Rhule is just self absorbed.

White is doing what ambitious guys do, don’t stay in any job for very long, build a network, perform , build the skill set, take on visible positions. He has a career plan and is executing it.
This is spot on. Everyone should read the PS article. He left to further his career. He didn't as some said leave for money.
I find it interesting that he specifically thanked
" Mr. Wildhack " which confirms for me what many know which is that JW is very much hands on involved in running the football program .
Coach White is a superstar and is just getting started. Given his comment about JW i wouldn't be surprised if got an offer from Syracuse if Dino isn't retained.

This is spot on. Everyone should read the PS article. He left to further his career. He didn't as some said leave for money.
" Mr. Wildhack " which confirms for me what many know which is that JW is very much hands on involved in running the football program .
Coach White is a superstar and is just getting started. Given his comment about JW i wouldn't be surprised if got an offer from Syracuse if Dino isn't retained.
I don’t think there’s any doubt that White might be the first guy Wildhack calls when we get a head coach opening.

Tony White? I guess that could be true in today's culture. He has coached at 2 major university's, what do they hope to find? I would think you would do background check's before you announce a hiring. No, Matt Rhule is just self absorbed.

I’m just repeating what Nebraska said about the background check. They must do it for all new hire coaches.

You might want to reread it. He thanked Babers and JW and then went on about JW because that’s who pays him and gives him raises as he said by thanking him for taking care of him and his family. It’s just another way for you to try and make things up to take a shot at Babers. JW isn’t running the football program but he does control the purse strings for all sports.

I’m just repeating what Nebraska said about the background check. They must do it for all new hire coaches.
Strange way to go about business. It may be true, but it was a bad look.IMO. If I were a head coach and hired a guy like Tony White, I'd want to talk about him, effusively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom