Class of 2023 - Top Prospects NYS Class of 2023 | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 Top Prospects NYS Class of 2023

A lot of people want the staff grab more NY kids. Then when they get them they criticize them for it. lol
I love these two commits. They have physical traits that make clear they're not being brought in as roster fillers.

I also have no problem if we have a couple of openings near signing day, and take a shot at one or two NYS players.

Both Rashard and Clement appear to be top-quality under-the-radar recruits. Can't imagine too much criticism of either of them.

I love these two commits. They have physical traits that make clear they're not being brought in as roster fillers.

I also have no problem if we have a couple of openings near signing day, and take a shot at one or two NYS players.

Both Rashard and Clement appear to be top-quality under-the-radar recruits. Can't imagine too much criticism of either of them.
Agree. The staff is very stingy with given out NYS offers. For them to accept a commitment this early says a lot about the player.

Agree. The staff is very stingy with given out NYS offers. For them to accept a commitment this early says a lot about the player.
That’s how I see it. P5 measurables, in semi-skilled positions. It’s a bigger unknown on how the player will ultimately translate on the field based on reps and level of competition, but sometimes those kids have more ceiling whereas kids that have camped everywhere and had a ton of personal coaching and speed and strength training are as good as they are ever going to get.

That’s how I see it. P5 measurables, in semi-skilled positions. It’s a bigger unknown on how the player will ultimately translate on the field based on reps and level of competition, but sometimes those kids have more ceiling whereas kids that have camped everywhere and had a ton of personal coaching and speed and strength training are as good as they are ever going to get.
Good points. I’ve seen kids who went to tons of camps in HS and did nothing in college.

money3189, the Elite Camp ad (above in #103) has me wondering if Dino might want a camp footprint in Buffalo, Rochester, Albany or maybe even NYC?

It's mixed bag because there's only so much off-season time, and Staff probably visit many of these areas. There's also a limited ROE in NY, since we don't have a lot of in-state kids on the roster except for Rochester (Mahar, Broyles, Mo Jackson, Andre' Fontenette, etc). We got the DL from Buffalo (Perry) but never recruited that RB from Pitt - Ollison who gashed us. We did get a '23 TE from Albany (Clement).

Not all prospects can afford to travel to camp. Just wondering if you think some mini=camps in other locations would be worth it.

Last edited:
Money, on the subject of the Elite Camp (ad above) in June, I wonder if you think Dino should be running camps outside of SU - like Buffalo, Rochester, Albany or maybe even NYC?

I'm sure staff resources are finite, and we don't get a ton of players from NY. Rochester usually has a kid on the roster (Mahar, Broyles, Mo Jackson, Andre' Fontenette, etc). Buffalo obviously has some talent (Perry, and that RB from Pitt - Ollison who gashed us), and Albany (Clement).

There's only so much time in the summer, and it's not cheap to run a camp ... insurance, paying assistants, etc. Just wondering if you think it would be worth it for Dino to get out to a few other in-state recruiting areas a little more.
Just one camp at SU this year. Thats on June 4th. They are doing satellite camps in the region. I know they will be at Monmouth in NJ. I dont think it takes much to do acamp in another location in NYS. Marrone use to have camps in Buffalo and in the Bronx ( Suny Maritime). Thats how they found under the radar kids and took commitments from kids they were on the fence with.

Just one camp at SU this year. Thats on June 4th. They are doing satellite camps in the region. I know they will be at Monmouth in NJ. I dont think it takes much to do acamp in another location in NYS. Marrone use to have camps in Buffalo and in the Bronx ( Suny Maritime). Thats how they found under the radar kids and took commitments from kids they were on the fence with.

So far I have seen SU listed as a participant at camps at Youngstown St, Springfield College and Kent State. I also believe that they will be in attendance at Wagner.

Not football related but…. The kid I was talking about from Union Endicott (Nick Lang) hit a 2 run home run yesterday to propel Union Endicott past Maine Endwell (this team is basically the little league World Series winning team)

Kid is three athlete stud.

Apparently getting looks from the Ivys now as well as his offer from Army

I was thinking who he reminds me of in terms of position, intensity, athletic ability and leadership. Tim Green was the guy I came up with.

Those are big shoes to fill but Rashard just might be able to do it. I am interested to see how quickly he adapts to college ball.
Realized now that I had never done a recruit post on Rashard for this forum. So it gives me great pleasure now that he has committed to us to complete one for him.

5. NYS BEST FROM TOMCATS SPREADSHEET

#72. DT, RASHARD PERRY, BENNETT HS, BUFFALO, NY 2024

6’ 3” 243, DL 480, BP 260, SQ 400/ 123 TACKLES, 24 SACKS 25 TACKLES FOR LOSS '22 NYS LEADER IN SACKS
ASSETS:
SIZE
STRENGTH
MOBILITY/AGILITY/ SPEED, est. 4.6 – 4.7 40 >COMMITTED TO SU<
TACKLING ABILITY - Coached extremely well to this point

Always in backfield destroying the play by either tackling the QB or RB. This is a player who does not need excess time in the weight room but he'll be there.

It will be interesting to see, as tomcat says, how he adapts to college ball. I think he'll do very well and may well be the next SU player to wear #72 as an All American. This is a great football player, coached up, the sky is the limit. Good luck to him and to SU.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom