Class of 2023 - Top Prospects NYS Class of 2023 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 Top Prospects NYS Class of 2023

We have offered McGoy. Surprised we haven't offered Green. Hope that happens soon. He might need to show them what he can do at a camp.
Yes. Wondered that myself. Terrific WR and BB player and athlete? Why no offer, unless he's going to his dad's school at BC and we know that?

#8 NYS Joshua Henry Canarsie HS, Brooklyn, NY, 6' 4" 250 OT Excellent balance, run blocker, stands his man up and takes him out of the play, OR pancakes him 80 % of tape blocks were of that variey. SU offer.

#9 NYS Jalil Smith, Lincoln HS Brooklyn, NY 6'5" 230LBS, 4.8 DE/TE SU offer "Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand back up taller than you ever were" his quote. Used as DE in his tapes very effective tackler. BP 215, SQ 315.

#10 David Clement CBA - TE/DE, 6' 7" 250 no 40 time but decent speed. Used as a TE in beginning of his tape, great hands which is why we are recruiting him as a tight end. His Twitter page is filled with repeat acceptance and thank you's to SU. He's glad we are on him as a TE. Great blocker as well. Has heard from other schools but is glad we are in close touch. Loves the HC and the campus.

"His, (Babers), message was to keep working and you can't just settle for being average," Clement said. "Always strive for being better which is something I truly believe in as well."

I see him coming to SU. 6' 7" 250 can jump and catch.

Last edited:
#6 NYS: Jackson Green 6" 3" 190. Hard to find stats for Green other than HT & WT. In four games as a Jr caught 26 passes for 527 YDS. Brief tape - very fast, catches everything, tremendous leaping ability, and moves., Route running great.
4 D1 offers as of now: Buffalo, CMich, Dart, Penn. Excellent athlete also holds 1 lax offer and averages 20 points a game in BB with offers waiting.

Father played for BC
Jackson missed a few games the past two season due to injuries. Has offers in football basketball and lacrosse. He's getting more interest in football though.

Jackson missed a few games the past two season due to injuries. Has offers in football basketball and lacrosse. He's getting more interest in football though.
Do you mind sharing your evaluation of him? Is he an ACC player? And, at what position?

Do you mind sharing your evaluation of him? Is he an ACC player? And, at what position?
fog: my evaluation, and I believe tomcats, would be that he hasn't been offered and very much deserves to be. Very well coached. He is a WR, HIGH FB IQ, very fast, elusive and catches everything. They use him as a WR, CB, and PR on Special Teams. He is also a very good Lax player and has an offer for that and BB player on the brink of an offer there. He is definitely ACC material:

#6 NYS: Jackson Green 6" 3" 190. Hard to find stats for Green other than HT & WT. In four games as a Jr caught 26 passes for 527 YDS. Brief tape - very fast, keeps both feet inbounds on sideline routes coming down with the ball, tremendous leaping ability, and moves. Route running very precise. Why we haven't offered I do not know unless he's just gathering offers but will play at BC like his father and we know that. Which will be too bad because he is as good as our best receiver now as a Jr in HS.

5 D1 offers as of now: Buffalo, C Mich, Dart, Penn, Princeton. Obviously a very smart kid. Excellent athlete also holds 1 lax offer and averages 20 points a game in BB with offers waiting. Just offered from Princeton to play FB.

I hope that answers your questions. If not and you have another question that is more specific ask and I 'll try and get an answer for you.

Last edited:
fog: my evaluation and I believe tomcats would be that he hasn't been offered and very much deserves to be here is my earlier eval. He is a WR, very fast catches everything. He is also a very good Lax player and has an offer for that and BB player on the brink of an offer there. He is definitely ACC material:
#6 NYS: Jackson Green 6" 3" 190. Hard to find stats for Green other than HT & WT. In four games as a Jr caught 26 passes for 527 YDS. Brief tape - very fast, catches everything, tremendous leaping ability, and moves., Route running great.
4 D1 offers as of now: Buffalo, CMich, Dart, Penn. Excellent athlete also holds 1 lax offer and averages 20 points a game in BB with offers waiting.
Father played for BC. I hope that answers your questions.
It does, I appreciate your evaluation, very much. I do want to hear money's evaluation as well, and I apologize if he's already offered it. I think I can evaluate a basketball player pretty well, but I am not good at watching a football players's video and figuring out how he projects. So, I appreciate anyone and everyone's evaluation, but there are a few guys on here that are exceptional, you may be among them. But, money is one of the best.

It does, I appreciate your evaluation, very much. I do want to hear money's evaluation as well, and I apologize if he's already offered it. I think I can evaluate a basketball player pretty well, but I am not good at watching a football players's video and figuring out how he projects. So, I appreciate anyone and everyone's evaluation, but there are a few guys on here that are exceptional, you may be among them. But, money is one of the best.
Money you are on for fog! ON Jackson Green. Take a look at my eval- good luck getting more info on him.

fog: my evaluation, and I believe tomcats, would be that he hasn't been offered and very much deserves to be. Very well coached. He is a WR, HIGH FB IQ, very fast, elusive and catches everything. They use him as a WR, CB, and PR on Special Teams. He is also a very good Lax player and has an offer for that and BB player on the brink of an offer there. He is definitely ACC material:

#6 NYS: Jackson Green 6" 3" 190. Hard to find stats for Green other than HT & WT. In four games as a Jr caught 26 passes for 527 YDS. Brief tape - very fast, keeps both feet inbounds on sideline routes coming down with the ball, tremendous leaping ability, and moves. Route running very precise. Why we haven't offered I do not know unless he's just gathering offers but will play at BC like his father and we know that. Which will be too bad because he is as good as our best receiver now as a Jr in HS.

5 D1 offers as of now: Buffalo, C Mich, Dart, Penn, Princeton. Obviously a very smart kid. Excellent athlete also holds 1 lax offer and averages 20 points a game in BB with offers waiting. Just offered from Princeton to play FB.

I hope that answers your questions. If not and you have another question that is more specific ask and I 'll try and get an answer for you.
Thats right on. Im waiting for him to play a full season. I think his stock will rise after that.

#10 David Clement CBA - TE/DE, 6' 7" 250 no 40 time but decent speed. Used as a TE in beginning of his tape, great hands which is why we are recruiting him as a tight end. His Twitter page is filled with repeat acceptance and thank you's to SU. He's glad we are on him as a TE. Great blocker as well. Has heard from other schools but is glad we are in close touch. Love the HC and the campus.

"His, (Babers), message was to keep working and you can't just settle for being average," Clement said. "Always strive for being better which is something I truly believe in as well."

I see him coming to SU. 6' 7" 250 can jump and catch.
These are the type of guys you sign as one of the last recruits of your class due to size and mobility. You can't make a full class of these type of recruits but he is big strong and mobile. 6-7 mobile guys are hard to find and don't grow on trees, and due to his size he has alot of options. TE, Slot, OT, OG, C, DT, DE all depending on how he develops physically. He's a Chandler Jones, Andrew Dees type guy. 6-7 guys will find their position after time.

#11. Rashard Perry '23, Bennet HS, Buffalo, NY 6' 3" 243, DT, all muscle. Very strong - spends his extra time if he has any in the weight room. As a sophomore: dead lift 480, squat 400, bench 260 and can dunk a basketball. Fast, though no 40 time listed. I'm guessing the way he chases QB's down 4.6-4.7.

His tape is the best for his position that I've seen. I think I am more impressed with him than anyone, in the top ten except perhaps Blanding and Goddard. A monster. Great rush. Very intense, great tackling skills.

He plays in a 4-3 set at D tackle and has a first step off the snap and arm motion to dispense with the OL player opposite him quickly and is in the backfield - is 2021-22 year's NYS leader tackles at 123 solo, tackles for loss 25, and 24 sacks.

Perry's coach who has players in the NFL says Perry could play several positions and be effective: DT,
Edge, and LB.

Current Offers Available: SU, Temple, UMass, CT, Buffalo - We offered him March 4, 2022. Hopefully he chooses us. Great athlete.

12. Messiah Burch RB, '23, Monsignor Farrell, Staten Island, NY 5' 10", 170, 4.4, BP 250. '21-22 7 GP (broken collar bone), 78 touches, 1003 YDS. Very fast and elusive, breaks ankles fins holes /seams easily, change of direction excellent, once beyond LOS very difficult to catch. Claims 10 D1 offers including UMASS, RI, BUFF, TEMPLE, MONMOUTH, BOWLING GREEN, NAVY, ARMY. Track 6.54 55m

For a running back not ACC ready Jawhar Jordan type, needs to gain weight /muscle.

Last edited:
13. Zion Tracy WR, '23, (reclassified from '22), St. Thomas More, Glen Head, NY 5' 11", 180, 4.3

Catches the ball, very fast.

Offers from: Pitt, UMass, RI, Temple, Stony Brook, Villanova

Last edited:
#11. Rashard Perry '23, Bennet HS, Buffalo, NY 6' 3" 243, DT, all muscle. Very strong - spends his extra time if he has any in the weight room. As a sophomore: dead lift 480, squat 400, bench 260 and can dunk a basketball. Fast, though no 40 time listed. I'm guessing the way he chases QB's down 4.6-4.7.

His tape is the best for his position that I've seen. I think I am more impressed with him than anyone, in the top ten except perhaps Blanding and Goddard. A monster. Great rush. Very intense, great tackling skills.

He plays in a 4-3 set at D tackle and has a first step off the snap and arm motion to dispense with the OL player opposite him quickly and is in the backfield - is 2021-22 year's NYS leader tackles at 123 solo, tackles for loss 25, and 24 sacks.

Perry's coach who has players in the NFL says Perry could play several positions and be effective: DT,
Edge, and LB.

Current Offers Available: SU, Temple, UMass, CT, Buffalo - We offered him March 4, 2022. Hopefully he chooses us. Great athlete.
With Jobity this year and maybe Perry next, it would be great to create some recruiting buzz in Western New York.

14. Dylan Evans, WR, Orchard Park HS, Orchard Park, NY 6' 3" 190, no 40, decent speed. Catches everything, 10.5" hand. Jr #'s: 81 Catches, 1131YDS, 17 TDS, most in state.

One offer from VANDY.

Edge, and LB.

Yes. He’s a sleeper. He can be a regional recruit if he gets more exposure. Saw him play live vs McQuaid in the state quarters. Dominated the LOS against a team known for great line play.

Yes. He’s a sleeper. He can be a regional recruit if he gets more exposure. Saw him play live vs McQuaid in the state quarters. Dominated the LOS against a team known for great line play.
After the 4 recent BCS offers, including the P5 offer from Syracuse, I moved him up to 5th in the state. I had him there in my head but it is hard for me to justify having kids with multiple P5 offers over a guy who only had offers from Delaware State and some other small school I have forgotten.

Rashard had 111 tackles as a DL last season. 100 tackles is great production for a season for a linebacker. It is ridiculous production for a DL. Led the state in sacks with 23. I think numbers like these matter, even at the HS level. Took a program on his back and led them to the state finals as a junior.

As of early March, unbelievably, he had no highlight film up. That could only happen in NYS for a player clearly one of the top 10 in the state. I did watch one of his playoff games (I think it was McQuaid) and while he took a few plays off, as money says, when Bennett needed a big play, he delivered consistently.

Anyway, he is a little light for DL and will probably need a year or two in the weight room to make an impact on a program like Syracuse. That is the real difference I see between him and the kids rated ahead of him in the state (all national level recruits).

Made a few other minor changes, but Rashard got the big bump.

15. Jean Louis III WR, Canarsie HS, Brooklyn, N.Y. 5' 10" 170, fast and elusive but no 40 listed.

Offers: UMass ( who I think offers everyone along with UMass)
C MI
BG
Temple
UMass
Not ACC material.

16. Logan Barnes DT St Peters Staten Island 6' 0 1/2" 281 no 40. As a Jr: 90 TCKLS, 56 Solo, 23 TFL, 6 Sacks. Mobile for his size and weight.

Offers from: UMass and Temple

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom