Class of 2023 - Top Prospects NYS Class of 2023 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 Top Prospects NYS Class of 2023

I don’t know if you have heard of dan anderson from CBA but he was the best player on there team this past year. 3 sport athlete signed to play D1 lax at Denver. First time playing football in 3 years and he completely put the team on his back during the state playoffs
Heard of him. Gotta be one the the best athletes CNY has produced in the last decade. I think Denver got a special player in Dan. Will track his career there.

I don't think I did this exercise last year. COVID kind of destroyed HS football in NYS for the fall of 2020. Some games were played in the spring, but it was a shortened schedule. The local all region and all league teams I depend on to populate my database were not done, or were done so late that they were of no help to me, wanted to publish this info in early January, so we could follow the recruitment of the players through the following year. And a lot of the newspapers that publish these teams have gone to restricted publishing, where you need to subscribe to gain access to the data.

Things were better this past year. NYS HS football had a fairly normal season, were a complete or very close to complete schedule was played. All region teams were published in December. I did a lot of investigating, NYS Prospect on Twitter issued invitations to many top players from NYS for a combine featuring the top players from the NE USA. I looked at a lot of film.

What follows is my list of the best prospects in NYS for the class of 2023. This is not a list of the best players, but the best prospects. There are a lot of really good 5'6 RBS, or 5'10 OL, etc. that are really good HS players but not P5 level prospects.

Some general comments:

It looks like 2023 is going to be a good year for recruits in NYS. By my count, there are at least 16 players who already have college offers. 15 with offers from FBS level programs. I expect that number to go to at least 25 in coming months. Probably more.

Looks like we have 5 national level prospects out there for this class. Most come from the NYC area, as has been the case for a while now.

There are a lot of impressive defensive linemen out there. Some nice WR prospects. Some promising QBs and CBs. Not much in the way of OL or RBs.

NYS Best Prospects Class of 2023

It looks like Syracuse is going through issuing offers for the class of 2023 region by region, starting with Florida. I expect we will see a few more players from NYS offered by Syracuse soon. By my count, we have offered only 6 to date.

Note that there are separate work sheets on this spreadsheet for the classes of 2024 and 2025.

The class of 2024 already 2 guys who look like they are going to be national recruits and a bevy of other impressive players. By my count, we have offered at least 2 players. One is Syair Torrence, who is from Syracuse and whose brother plays for the Syracuse basketball team.

Should mention Caden Brown, an impressive DE prospect from Brooklyn, whose dad (Alden Brown) is a Syracuse alum.

The class of 2025 is a small one so far, which is no surprise. These kids were freshmen in HS last fall.

Rich Belin is the only player I have with an offer from Syracuse. He is a younger brother of Henry Belin, who Syracuse recruited hard but ended up at Duke. Rich played mostly WR as a frosh but projects as a QB. The kids listed are mostly athletic freaks who matured early enough to play well as freshmen in HS. It remains to be seen if they will continue to develop as they mature.
Caden Brown was offered by Syracuse today.

Caden Brown was offered by Syracuse today.
Great work and demonstrative of the focus on developing positive relationships with the states football coaches!

I don't think I did this exercise last year. COVID kind of destroyed HS football in NYS for the fall of 2020. Some games were played in the spring, but it was a shortened schedule. The local all region and all league teams I depend on to populate my database were not done, or were done so late that they were of no help to me, wanted to publish this info in early January, so we could follow the recruitment of the players through the following year. And a lot of the newspapers that publish these teams have gone to restricted publishing, where you need to subscribe to gain access to the data.

Things were better this past year. NYS HS football had a fairly normal season, were a complete or very close to complete schedule was played. All region teams were published in December. I did a lot of investigating, NYS Prospect on Twitter issued invitations to many top players from NYS for a combine featuring the top players from the NE USA. I looked at a lot of film.

What follows is my list of the best prospects in NYS for the class of 2023. This is not a list of the best players, but the best prospects. There are a lot of really good 5'6 RBS, or 5'10 OL, etc. that are really good HS players but not P5 level prospects.

Some general comments:

It looks like 2023 is going to be a good year for recruits in NYS. By my count, there are at least 16 players who already have college offers. 15 with offers from FBS level programs. I expect that number to go to at least 25 in coming months. Probably more.

Looks like we have 5 national level prospects out there for this class. Most come from the NYC area, as has been the case for a while now.

There are a lot of impressive defensive linemen out there. Some nice WR prospects. Some promising QBs and CBs. Not much in the way of OL or RBs.

It looks like Syracuse is going through issuing offers for the class of 2023 region by region, starting with Florida. I expect we will see a few more players from NYS offered by Syracuse soon. By my count, we have offered only 6 to date.

Note that there are separate work sheets on this spreadsheet for the classes of 2024 and 2025.

The class of 2024 already 2 guys who look like they are going to be national recruits and a bevy of other impressive players. By my count, we have offered at least 2 players. One is Syair Torrence, who is from Syracuse and whose brother plays for the Syracuse basketball team.

Should mention Caden Brown, an impressive DE prospect from Brooklyn, whose dad (Alden Brown) is a Syracuse alum.

The class of 2025 is a small one so far, which is no surprise. These kids were freshmen in HS last fall.

Rich Belin is the only player I have with an offer from Syracuse. He is a younger brother of Henry Belin, who Syracuse recruited hard but ended up at Duke. Rich played mostly WR as a frosh but projects as a QB. The kids listed are mostly athletic freaks who matured early enough to play well as freshmen in HS. It remains to be seen if they will continue to develop as they mature.
Tom,
Thanks for again putting forth this first-rate effort to provide us with this compressive look into the 2023 High School talent!
Your efforts are much appreciated!

Not sure if this is the proper place to put it… but a kid I’ve had my eye on for class of 2023 is Nicholas Lang out of Union Endicott.

Really talented junior, generally playing safety position. Excellent kick returner.

Also very strong in basketball too as well.

He is starting to get looks from low D1 schools for football and basketball.

One of those kids that’s being overlooked because he’s playing in section 4 but he’s the real deal, you can view his highlights against CBA from this past season…

Not sure if this is the proper place to put it… but a kid I’ve had my eye on for class of 2023 is Nicholas Lang out of Union Endicott.

Really talented junior, generally playing safety position. Excellent kick returner.

Also very strong in basketball too as well.

He is starting to get looks from low D1 schools for football and basketball.

One of those kids that’s being overlooked because he’s playing in section 4 but he’s the real deal, you can view his highlights against CBA from this past season…

With guys like you sifting thru the local talent,Syracuse already has a recruiting network across the state.

Some general comments:

I messaged you about going through your top ten best prospects. Wondered if Tyriq has been signed yet, can't find anything. Offers from many. Like you said on your spreadsheet, strong, fast and nimble. People have him all over for physical size. DT # 99 of Christ the King is 6'2" 280 treats OL's like rag dolls. Amazing prospect. Wondered if he's favoring someone like PState or OSU?

I messaged you about going through your top ten best prospects. Wondered if Tyriq has been signed yet, can't find anything. Offers from many. Like you said on your spreadsheet, strong, fast and nimble. People have him all over for physical size. DT # 99 of Christ the King is 6'2" 280 treats OL's like rag dolls. Amazing prospect. Wondered if he's favoring someone like PState or OSU?
Still uncommitted. Believe he is visiting Michigan shortly. National recruit. I expect him to go to a top ten type program.

Doesn’t look like we are going to even get a visit.

Young Rochester kids who recently got offers from UB are 2026 Zayden Walters (Greece Athena) 2025 Styles McKenzie Baker (Uprep) 2024 Anthony Diaz (East High)
Thanks for the info.

Hadn’t heard of the Diaz and Walters offers. Diaz and Baker can really run.

Regarding Walters, wow, first offer I have heard of for a 2026 kid. Couldn’t find a size for Zayden but he looks huge.

Updated the database. There are a lot of kids getting offered now. Kids from NYC in particular really getting a lot of attention.

Still uncommitted. Believe he is visiting Michigan shortly. National recruit. I expect him to go to a top ten type program.

Doesn’t look like we are going to even get a visit.
Here's another NYS top five, in fact you list him as the #4 recruit in your top ten. This kid is another national recruit but this time we are in the mix for him. He has visited being recruited by our top recruiter NM. #8 Plays for Iona prep, New Rochelle, N.Y.

Physicals: Zyian Moultrie Goddard - 6' 0", 240, 4.5 40, OLB, MLB, RB., meaning he already meets the best NFL avg. size criteria for a linebacker. Jr. season: 104 TK, 25 TFL, 4.5 Sacks. Very strong, treats RB's like rag dolls, very intense. Could use a coach to improve his tackling style a bit but not much. Like you mentioned bone crunching hits.

His offer sheet is impressive: SU, AZST, WV, FLST, AL, OR, FLA, PST, LSU, RU, BC, UMA, Army, Navy

No commit date , no recent info. Looked for date in photo where he was standing between NM and TW - wasn't there. If we get him he could be one of the best LB's we've ever had. he's going to be that good IMO.

Here's another NYS top five, in fact you list him as the #4 recruit in your top ten. This kid is another national recruit but this time we are in the mix for him. He has visited being recruited by our top recruiter NM. #8 Plays for Iona prep, New Rochelle, N.Y.

Physicals: Zyian Moultrie Goddard - 6' 0", 240, 4.5 40, OLB, MLB, RB., meaning he already meets the best NFL avg. size criteria for a linebacker. Jr. season: 104 TK, 25 TFL, 4.5 Sacks. Very strong, treats RB's like rag dolls, very intense. Could use a coach to improve his tackling style a bit but not much. Like you mentioned bone crunching hits.

His offer sheet is impressive: SU, AZST, WV, FLST, AL, OR, FLA, PST, LSU, RU, BC, UMA, Army, Navy

No commit date , no recent info. Looked for date in photo where he was standing between NM and TW - wasn't there. If we get him he could be one of the best LB's we've ever had. he's going to be that good IMO.
ZMG is a beast.

I think the thing that makes him special is that he will be ready to play immediately. He is physically mature and a grown man while still in HS.

We rarely get players like him. Our best LBs can eventually look like him, but not until they have been in the program for a few years.

He could slot in to replace Mikel very nicely. If he decided to come here.

Thanks for the info.

Regarding Walters, wow, first offer I have heard of for a 2026 kid. Couldn’t find a size for Zayden but he looks huge.

Updated the database. There are a lot of kids getting offered now. Kids from NYC in particular really getting a lot of attention.
Zayden Walters is 6'4 270 lb 8th grader

Zayden Walters is 6'4 270 lb 8th grader
Wow. He looks like a senior in that film.

Can't even imagine what he is going to look like once the testosterone kicks in and he really gets into lifting. Assuming that is what he wants to do.

Thanks for the info.

Our staff offered a 2026 already.

Wow. My son is 5”10 170 and 11. I think of him as big then see kids like this and I laugh.
The guy next to him was an All American at Maine and played a year in the NFL

Tom, Yes that is what I was thinking as well about replacing Mikel. You are right, he is a man child - ready now. Could start for us tomorrow.

The guy next to him was an All American at Maine and played a year in the NFL

Wow. The size of his feet tell me he is going to be in the 6'7 range when all is said and done.

#6 NYS: Jackson Green 6" 3" 190. Hard to find stats for Green other than HT & WT. In four games as a Jr caught 26 passes for 527 YDS. Brief tape - very fast, catches everything, tremendous leaping ability, and moves., Route running great.
4 D1 offers as of now: Buffalo, CMich, Dart, Penn. Excellent athlete also holds 1 lax offer and averages 20 points a game in BB with offers waiting.

Father played for BC

#7 NYS Miles MCGoy, Curtis HS Staten Island - CB/WR 6'3", 160 fast. Needs to gain 20 LBS, excellent hands. Jr tape showed two interceptions and 4-5 pass break - ups, great defender, - no 40 available

#7 NYS Miles MCGoy, Curtis HS Staten Island - CB/WR 6'3", 160 fast. Needs to gain 20 LBS, excellent hands. Jr tape showed two interceptions and 4-5 pass break - ups, great defender, - no 40 available
We have offered McGoy. Surprised we haven't offered Green. Hope that happens soon. He might need to show them what he can do at a camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom