TOS has Allen's reaction | Syracusefan.com

TOS has Allen's reaction

Waiting to see who they hire. Hoping for an internal hire.

Cheers,
Neil

So it sounds like if we don't hire from within we can kiss Zach goodbye.

So, does this mean he's holding off on enrolling? Don't classes start Thursday?

He mentioned both and Shafer's name first.

Cheers,
Neil
Any possible way we keep both? Hackett-HC with a huge pay raise as well for Shafer to remain DC? Or is that just not going to happen?

Any possible way we keep both? Hackett-HC with a huge pay raise as well for Shafer to remain DC? Or is that just not going to happen?

I don't have high hopes of keeping the majority of the current staff in place, even if there is an internal hire.

Which is why recruits will likely say, "I remain committed to Syracuse, but will wait to see how things play out". Which is only fair and the best we can hope for under these circumstances.

Cheers,
Neil

You can't hold the program hostage over 1 recruit, that may or may not ever pan out. RU gave the keys to an asst to keep the class together, and they disappointed horribly. If they go 6-6 next year no one will care about last years class. Besides, their class this year is awful compared to schianos classes.

they should interview Cristobal, Golden, and ODU guy in addition to either Hack or Schaf

You can't hold the program hostage over 1 recruit, that may or may not ever pan out. RU gave the keys to an asst to keep the class together, and they disappointed horribly. If they go 6-6 next year no one will care about last years class. Besides, their class this year is awful compared to schianos classes.

they should interview Cristobal, Golden, and ODU guy in addition to either Hack or Schaf

Stealing a phrase from Marsh "F#@# the ODU guy". Golden and Cristobal I'm fine with, but to me taking the ODU guy is no different than taking a chance on Shafer or Hackett.

Cheers,
Neil

How about one of these two options:

Promote Hackett to HC, Wheatley to OC, try to retain Shafer as DC/associate HC

Or

Promote Shafer to HC, Morrison to DC, try to retain Hackett as OC/associate HC and try like crazy to keep Wheatley

How about one of these two options:

Promote Hackett to HC, Wheatley to OC, try to retain Shafer as DC/associate HC

Or

Promote Shafer to HC, Morrison to DC, try to retain Hackett as OC/associate HC and try like crazy to keep Wheatley

maybe, just maybe... marrone shocks us all and already had the logistics taken care of.

There is ABSOLUTELY no way Al Golden leaves Miami to become HC at SU. He would be a great get but the Miami job is so much more high profile I don't see it happening.

EDIT: BTW, I'd love seeing him run around the sidelines with his button-downed white shirt and
orange tie!

There is ABSOLUTELY no way Al Golden leaves Miami to become HC at SU. He would be a great get but the Miami job is so much more high profile I don't see it happening.

They'll be on probation forever, have worse facilities and make our crowds look like a Real Madrid match.

I'll loan him my orange an blue rep tie to come north.

Internal you keep him hire a coach that can sell and recruit you keep him as well, relax peeps.

Hire me, I will have him in writing studio 105 cone January

Except that the ODU guy has been a, what's the phrase I'm searching for, head coach. And a successful one at that.

Sometimes, hot assistants never rise above the level of assistants. And, oftimes, they get less hot.

The only perceived advantage I see is that Hackett/Shafer would shorten the adjustment period.

I'd rather have a longer transition, but with a coach more likely to succeed.

They'll be on probation forever, have worse facilities and make our crowds look like a Real Madrid match.

I'll loan him my orange an blue rep tie to come north.
I can't believe you just wrote this...read my edit above!! Too funny.

BTW, very good points...he would be an awesome hire.

Young_King@GodsGiftGUS
This is all a shock to me but ,I will be taking 3 more official visits before making my college decision. Florida state, Miami,Rutgers.

He would be a great hire but I can't stand seeing him in that damn tie. I would have to make sure my tickets are always on the SU sideline so I don't have to see the tie. Shouldn't be a problem because my wife for some reason gets p!ssed if I get tickets on the visitors side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom