Total Rebuild. 3-4 years. Nm | Syracusefan.com

Total Rebuild. 3-4 years. Nm

Yet simple decisions that have nothing to do with a rebuild have been putrid.

You're assuming he stays that long. The attendance at the end of the season, if not before is going to insanely bad.

If he does leave early, I think it will be a deathblow.

It's game three.

I know, that's what's scary. It could get worse. We're going to get mistreated like this by FSU, Clemson, and ND at least. How many fans will show up after that and Babers has already sounded disappointed with "fan support".

I want him to stay, he will be successful here if he stays. I'm worried he bolts at 1st opportunity at a higher profile school.

Terrible reply. Gotta step up your game. Lots of people have respect for what he's done in his career, we're lucky he's here. He could easily leave at some point. Do you follow CFB?

We are 1-2, I have a lot of faith in the guy, but seriously, why are people talking about him leaving after three games?

I know, that's what's scary. It could get worse. We're going to get mistreated like this by FSU, Clemson, and ND at least. How many fans will show up after that and Babers has already sounded disappointed with "fan support".

I want him to stay, he will be successful here if he stays. I'm worried he bolts at 1st opportunity at a higher profile school.

I don't think we have to worry about that anytime soon. This is going to be a really rough place to win at, and it is going to take a long time. The fact is, we just do not have the right personnel for this offense. Even Dungey is having problems making the right decisions. We're at least 2 years away from a decent season. The thing we need to remember is that there isn't anything wrong with that. I'd rather have a great product at the end than an ok product at the beginning.

So little fan support. Such an uphill climb talent wise,Freudian slips, he may take the wuss way out like marrone and take his ball n go home/elsewhere concluding the mountain is too high to climb.

This is not to knock Babers, I was for the hire, and I believe he is the right guy to take us to the next level. With that said anyone after the last two games who thinks he is going to bolt for a better job after two blowout losses is out of their mind right now.

So little fan support. Such an uphill climb talent wise,Freudian slips, he may take the wuss way out like marrone and take his ball n go home/elsewhere concluding the mountain is too high to climb.
That's now how hiring coaches works . . . . unless he wants to be a coordinator somewhere, he has to be successful here.

I have hope with this team; I think year 3 of this regime we'll see something tangible. On defense if we don't see improvement some time next year we'll see a change on that side - my guess is T2 will be toast after we go through a season or so in the ACC.

This from a Bills fan where there is little hope to grasp to.

We are 1-2, I have a lot of faith in the guy, but seriously, why are people talking about him leaving after three games?

I have a lot of faith in him too. I don't think he's leaving tomorrow but I'm worried our fickle fan base will take forever to come back and he might look or be offered better opportunities and jump on them. Might be 2 years down the road just as things are really clicking. I don't know. I'm also upset by the game so maybe thinking a little irrationally but I don't think it's a scenario totally impossible from occurring.

Sorry for replying to your original post like a a-hole

Marrone had us on the verge of the top 25 and left for a better job in the NFL. That's "wuss"? Winning here and then taking a better job?

I don't think he has to have success here to get hired. There are plenty of examples of coaches, hired each year, who were terrible at their last job or even jobs. Every year that is true. Dino has history of success, a lot of head scratching coaching hires don't even have that.

Marrone had us on the verge of the top 25 and left for a better job in the NFL. That's "wuss"? Winning here and then taking a better job?
Dream job. Listen to Jim brown from today with regard to $. Economically sure it made sense in the short term. Long term? Could've made millions more here, taken his supposed beloved alma mater to the next level, had it made. When is enough enough? Not to mention the way he left.

Last edited:
That's now how hiring coaches works . . . . unless he wants to be a coordinator somewhere, he has to be successful here.
Not really his past history oozes success. Who was that Iowa st hc that that left after losing season and took Auburn for national championship?

I have a lot of faith in him too. I don't think he's leaving tomorrow but I'm worried our fickle fan base will take forever to come back and he might look or be offered better opportunities and jump on them. Might be 2 years down the road just as things are really clicking. I don't know. I'm also upset by the game so maybe thinking a little irrationally but I don't think it's a scenario totally impossible from occurring.

Sorry for replying to your original post like a a-hole

Its all good, I think we are all a little bit frustrated after todays game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom