Total Rebuild. 3-4 years. Nm | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Total Rebuild. 3-4 years. Nm

People get way too uptight about anything perceived as negative. I hope to hell he didn't intend it in that way, it's very possible. He's also been to a lot of places and I'm sure he tells each place he wants to be there because that's what coaches do. I like the guy a lot, I think he seems to be less like a b.s. normal coach and a little more genuine but that doesn't mean he won't jump at a different opportunity in year 2, 3, or 4. Anyone suggesting he will is just crossing their fingers, which is exactly what I'm doing. I have complete confidence he will make us a legit football program again. I just hope he stays for a long period of time because I'm so scared of getting another sh!tty coach.

As far as "insecurities" - that's very possible and fine. You at times are also at the most extreme end of that too. I don't think either is really much different.

You haven't been around much. I've been rather subdued in the hope dept. I see the long rebuild.

I agree that no one really knows.

Forgive me for butting in. But I joined in 2012 right before we went on a run because I couldn't stand the "we're doomed" threads. Until we have 7 losses, it's possible.
Normally I would agree but the defense couldn't stop west hill. Trust me I'm the guy that has been looking out in orange colored glasses but this is a total rebuild. If we get 3 wins, that will be amazing. Next year hope for more and year three pray for a bowl. After that it should be on.

It's not that bad. Every so often the defense blows. Won't last forever. The offense is putting up 500 ypg. Granted, a big reason for that is because they give up a million touchdowns and get a million possessions. But it's not a total rebuild you're putting up 500 yards on good teams

I was not responding to whether or not we would make a bowl.
Sorry my bad I read that quick. After watching dungey stare down receivers and a corner flanking away from the rb when everyone knew where he was going and then watch a defense not being able to stop anything I'm a little numb.

How much suck can the fan base take ?

I mean our record attendance this year is 32 000... Imagine what it will be like towards the end.
you can have a seat right next me when you can make it down here for a game

Normally I would agree but the defense couldn't stop west hill. Trust me I'm the guy that has been looking out in orange colored glasses but this is a total rebuild. If we get 3 wins, that will be amazing. Next year hope for more and year three pray for a bowl. After that it should be on.

That's fine. To each his own.

I still see BC, UCONN, and Wake on our schedule. And if we keep getting better we may or may not grab another.

But honestly? I'm with Babers: just get better. Our day will come.

I still see BC, UCONN, and Wake on our schedule. And if we keep getting better we may or may not grab another.

I agree. In the end we just need to win. Just upsetting how we have fallen so low and teams like usf have made such huge strides. 15 years ago would anyone bet usf would have an 8-2 record against us

I agree. In the end we just need to win. Just upsetting how we have fallen so low and teams like usf have made such huge strides. 15 years ago would anyone bet usf would have an 8-2 record against us

Sure. But I'd rather be honest about it at this point. I have a theory that it will make the eventual success sweeter.

I'd love to have a job where I could completely fail for 3 years before getting fired :rolleyes:

I'd love to have a job where I could completely fail for 3 years before getting fired :rolleyes:

If it stays this way it won't be like that. There will be pressure. And I don't think year two or three will be a "complete fail" either.

Yes, this year's schedule is incredibly challenging. Next year's isn't much better:

Saturday, September 2nd
Saturday, September 9th MIDDLE TENNESSEE ST
Saturday, September 16th CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Saturday, September 23th at LSU*
at Louisville
at Florida State
WAKE FOREST
CLEMSON
at North Carolina State
at Miami
PITTSBURGH
BOSTON COLLEGE

It's amazing how much better the Atlantic division versus the Coastal in the ACC. We're staring at brutal schedules every year, but you know what? Imagine playing in the SEC?

Yes, this year's schedule is incredibly challenging. Next year's isn't much better:

Saturday, September 2nd
at Louisville
at Florida State
WAKE FOREST
CLEMSON
at North Carolina State
at Miami
PITTSBURGH
BOSTON COLLEGE

It's amazing how much better the Atlantic division versus the Coastal in the ACC. We're staring at brutal schedules every year, but you know what? Imagine playing in the SEC?

Schedule a cupcake in the first slot.

How do you attract better talent when you are staring at a 3 or 4 win season? We are not in a good space. As a p-5 team there is no substitute for strength and speed. We need athletes that can compete against the best

SALES Job.

You were all in on HCSS at one time too. I hope that's not a bad omen. ;)

You haven't been around much. I've been rather subdued in the hope dept. I see the long rebuild.

I agree that no one really knows.

You missed my point and are missing the other things I have said in this thread. We seldom agree, which is fine.

if we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant. if we did not sometimes taste adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.
Haven't we suffered through enough winter yet? Aren't we due for some spring rebirth and hope?

Meanwhile the FOX Pregame show before OSU /Oklahoma gave us this little gem of a quote during L'ville/FSU highlights :

"Lamar Jackson just made FSU look like Syracuse on Defense"

sigh, will spring ever arrive?

Haven't we suffered through enough winter yet? Aren't we due for some spring rebirth and hope?

Meanwhile the FOX Pregame show before OSU /Oklahoma gave us this little gem of a quote during L'ville/FSU highlights :

well at least we're in the same company as FSU, even if it is bad. We've been awful for so long, fixing it isn't going to happen instantly. And yes, we are due to have good things happen. Baber's is the first step.

How much suck can the fan base take ?

I mean our record attendance this year is 32 000... Imagine what it will be like towards the end.

51i%2BTkLfuJL.jpg

Friggin Olaf and Sven are tagging along

Saturday, September 2nd
at Louisville
at Florida State
WAKE FOREST
CLEMSON
at North Carolina State
at Miami
PITTSBURGH
BOSTON COLLEGE

We are in the coastal because we are the cupcake for the rest of the division. Time to face the facts, The days of su having respect are over. Being down for 15 years does that. Our cupcakes are Colgate. Other teams think middle tenn, central Michigan, uconn, usf, and syracuse are cupcakes. I'm sorry but syracuse should NEVER lose to usf, uconn, temple, Rutgers,... the fact that we are and that we are getting points shows what we have become. We are the temple and Rutgers of the 80s and 90s. Not trying to be a downer but this year I have taken my orange colored glasses off and finally faced the facts. I still love su football and still go to the games but now I assume we are either getting blown out or we are in a dog fight vs a crap team. Honestly I use to get to angry and down when a team like usf comes in and decimates us. Now I'm just numb and expect that. gross and the university have taken away the pride I once had.

You were all in on HCSS at one time too. I hope that's not a bad omen. ;)

I've been all in on every staff here at some point since I've been a fan. P lost me his last season, Robinson it was year two, Marrone I had faith in the entire time, Shafer lost me half way through year 3.

I have zero problem with people bringing it up. Just with I'd get more credit for calling the 2nd half of 2012 too. There were very few Pom-poms out after the Cinci loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom