Tourney Selection Show Discussion | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Tourney Selection Show Discussion

It’s clear that Clemson was the better team compared to NC State. It’s pretty stupid the committee wouldn’t look as something as simple as the head to head BLOWOUTS Clemson dealt to NCState to make a reasonable decision to put them in over NCSU. Defying logic is the NCAA Committee’s job it seems
Quad 3 and 4 losses - NC State 0 Clemson 4

Pretty simple actually

You’re saying they’ve got a lotta bite?

That is tough. :p
Animated GIF

It’s clear that Clemson was the better team compared to NC State. It’s pretty stupid the committee wouldn’t look as something as simple as the head to head BLOWOUTS Clemson dealt to NCState to make a reasonable decision to put them in over NCSU. Defying logic is the NCAA Committee’s job it seems

If Clemson and NC St had been closer in terms of resume. the head to head would have been more relevant I think.

Clemson though had 4 bad losses on the year (including 2 Q4 losses) - which is a lot for a bubble team.
NC St did not have any bad losses.

That is what created the gap between the two teams such that NC St could conceivably absorb those 2 head to head losses and still get in over them.

Opening Fanduel odds
SEMO -4.5 TAMUCC
Neers -1.5 Maryland
Zona -13.5 Princeton
Utah St. -1.5 Missouri (hammering the Tigers)
Boise St. -1.5 Northwestern
Houston -20.5 Northern Kentucky
Arkansas -1.5 Illinois
SDSU -4.5 COC
Duke -7.5 Moral Oral
Kansas -21.5 Howard
Iowa -0.5 Auburn
UVA -5.5 Furman
UCLA -18.5 UNC Asheville
Tex A&M -2.5 Pedo St.
Creighton -5.5 NC St.
Xavier -12.5 Kennesaw
Kentucky -3.5 Providence
St. Mary's -4.5 VCU
Indiana -5.5 Kent St.
Marquette -13.5 Vermont
Miami -3.5 Drake
Mich. St -1.5 USC
Gonzaga -13.5 Grand Canyon
Kansas St. -9.5 Montana St
Memphis -1.5 FAU
Baylor -10.5 UCSB

Quad 3 and 4 losses - NC State 0 Clemson 4

Pretty simple actually
Proves the system is flawed. I don’t know how many Quad 1 wins Clemson had, but I’m pretty sure it was more than one. Wins should carry more weight, especially when the teams play head-to-head. We all know Clemson is the better team.

If Clemson and NC St had been closer in terms of resume. the head to head would have been more relevant I think.

Clemson though had 4 bad losses on the year (including 2 Q4 losses) - which is a lot for a bubble team.

That is what created the gap between the two teams such that NC St could conceivably absorb those 2 head to head losses and still get in over them.
Three head-to-head losses.

Release some lines Caesarssssss

Duke vs. Purdue S16 game guaranteed Eddy was 2 fouls by the first media timeout like Okafor in 2004.

Proves the system is flawed. I don’t know how many Quad 1 wins Clemson had, but I’m pretty sure it was more than one. Wins should carry more weight, especially when the teams play head-to-head. We all know Clemson is the better team.

Here's the problem when you focus to much on head to head to rank teams. It potentially causes circular issues that don't get the results you want.

Say we put Clemson over NC St because of head to head, which is fair if they were the only 2 teams in the discussion. Now let's compare Clemson to teams outside the ACC.

Oklahoma St had a better overall resume than Clemson
NC St arguably had a better overall resume than Oklahoma St

So who do we pick now to get in?
Do we eliminate both Clemson and NC St, and let Oklahoma St in?

Here’s the thing, though: All four of those bad losses were on the road and two were in conference play. Another was against their in-state rival. While there’s no excuse for losing to Loyola, those other games were not accurately depicted by NET.

Everything counts, and they are proving that by looking at the losses as well as wins.

Here’s the thing, though: All four of those bad losses were on the road and two were in conference play. Another was against their in-state rival. While there’s no excuse for losing to Loyola, those other games were not accurately depicted by NET.
That goes to show how bad those losses were. Road Q4 losses? Those teams need to be HORRIBLE to even qualify as Q4. NC State and Clemson are pretty equally mediocre honestly.

Here's the problem when you focus to much on head to head to rank teams. It potentially causes circular issues that don't get the results you want.

Say we put Clemson over NC St because of head to head, which is fair if they were the only 2 teams in the discussion. Now let's compare Clemson to teams outside the ACC.

Oklahoma St had a better overall resume than Clemson
NC St arguably had a better overall resume than Oklahoma St

So who do we pick now to get in?
Do we eliminate both Clemson and NC St, and let Oklahoma St in?
In the end Clemson shot themselves in the foot by losing to Louisville. They’re in over NCSU if they just didn’t drop the ball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom