Towson Game Thread... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Towson Game Thread...

Thats part of the problem - talent isnt in NY anymore. I think this year there were no top 25 kids from Section III in the IL rankings.

Its been therewe just didnt win the recruiting battle ie Cannizzaro, Miller wtc or we didn't recruit the player ie Reeves, Spencer, Fields etc

Thats part of the problem - talent isnt in NY anymore. I think this year there were no top 25 kids from Section III in the IL rankings.

There wasn't a Sec III kid on the Top 100 Freshmen list for this season.

Rochester area has been better than CNY.

All of what Coach Simmons built up that carried forward in the first part of Desko's career is now almost completely dissipated.

Your right but Williams wasn't running himself out there. That 2015 loss was on the Defense and a team who didn't wake up until there was 10 min left in the 4th quarter. But again whose fault is that when the team keeps coming out like that? Teams are scheming to stop our star players we have to adjust and flash some new wrinkles. You have to attack Towson from the attack because their SSDM's and LSM are so good. Put Mariano at attack and Start Rehfuss. Have O'Sullivan play middie and just run his SSDM into the ground alley dodging over and over.
I hear you, but at some point the player has to beat the man in front of them. Take Rambo in the game on now for example - he's a dwarf but is in the title game every year.

Maryland Is the Buffalo Bills of the late 1990s of college lacrosse.

If they don't get it now they won't for a while.

Desko isn't on the hot seat yet for me but we needs to make some tweaks. I am glad Jeremy is saying recruiting has ticked up as the program should never be barren of top end talent.

Its been therewe just didnt win the recruiting battle ie Cannizzaro, Miller wtc or we didn't recruit the player ie Reeves, Spencer, Fields etc
Those last 3 names werent top-25 types, they have just blossomed once in college. Look at the schools they play for.

All of what Coach Simmons built up that carried forward in the first part of Desko's career is now almost completely dissipated.
Dude Desko HAS 5 NCs.

That is in a league of his own right now.
We may choke a little but Desko has created his own legacy when he is gone that his replacement is going to have a hard time equaling or coming close.

Irelan played for Orange Crush and we didn't even offer him. Maybe our talent evaluators just aren't that good?

Irelan played for Orange Crush and we didn't even offer him. Maybe our talent evaluators just aren't that good?
Or maybe we knew he wouldn't qualify? :noidea:

Sounds like nobody offered him. Nobody but Scooby.

This one may hurt for a few years.

That is unfair. Desko won titles 10 and 11 years after Simmons left. Slugger has been gone since 1998
Roy is a true creative genius, he built such a towering power at SU that was equal to what any of the great coaches in any sport have. I think it was a huge momentum that propelled the team. I know JD has won 6 NC's, but that feeling about the team is gone. I find myself expecting the team to be flat and lose, not come out with a huge effort and a big win. That is just my feelings.

Dude Desko HAS 5 NCs.

That is in a league of his own right now.
We may choke a little but Desko has created his own legacy when he is gone that his replacement is going to have a hard time equaling or coming close.

Hard to be overly critical of Desko. It's likely a combination of things. But it's clear his teams struggle offensively without elite attack players.

Nobody knew Williams would fall off a cliff, and we have several Fogos coming in. I have hopes for Varello too.

Sounds like nobody offered him. Nobody but Scooby.

This one may hurt for a few years.

True but Marr and staff saw him at the regional UA tryout, saw something they liked.

I wonder how things would have gone had we had Mellen. Allowed Firman to play the no. 2 Attack. Might have been able to overcome a game like today.

Our D was good but it lacked a takeaway defender like Mellen. Can't expect the defense and the goalie to withstand long stretches of offensive possession.

Just finished watching the game, That sucked. Man our Major sports were really bad this year. Football, Basketball and Lax were all huge disappointments.

Nobody knew Williams would fall off a cliff, and we have several Fogos coming in. I have hopes for Varello too.

There are new kids coming in every year, point is our recruiting and talent evals have fallen off a cliff

Our D was good but it lacked a takeaway defender like Mellen. Can't expect the defense and the goalie to withstand long stretches of offensive possession.
Firman wore down. Might have sustained better play if he were not the top man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom