Traditional Transfer | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Traditional Transfer

I guess he doesn’t have his own thread
Another sign the landscape is changing
the increase in salaries for the Gleague is going to entice the 1 and done type prospects to even skip the 1 and done year of college
its too bad for the CBB fans and nostalgists, just more erosion for this level

Can you imagine how hard it is for fans of Arizona, Duke, Kansas and Kentucky? You offer a kid a boatload of money and now it isn’t enough. Kind of feel bad for them.
I'm optimistic that offering a professional pathway for HS kids who have no interest in college will make the college game better. Scholarship numbers will limit the ability of teams like Arizona, UK, KU, and Duke to turn over entire rosters* every season and we can get back to developing players and winning teams being composed of a rotating cast of juniors and seniors. Sure there won't be as many flashy high end players, they'll be in the NBA, but I think the game will revert to reward fundamentals and development more than "signing" the best pro kids every year.

*I do think a fly in the ointment is an increase in transfer/grad transfer free agency, but maybe that can be overcome with some restrictions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom