Transfer Portal 2024 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Portal 2024

CoopSwoop

2nd String
Transfer portal opens on Monday, March 18. It will remain open for 45 days, closing May 1st. If both injured guards and Varejao return our rosterr is full unless someone leaves.

Fla St, NDame, Va, VaTech could be very active. Lville only has 1 spot but Walz manages throw away players if he can grab one.

Screenshot_61.jpg

Transfer portal opens on Monday, March 18. It will remain open for 45 days, closing May 1st. If both injured guards and Varejao return our rosterr is full unless someone leaves.

Fla St, NDame, Va, VaTech could be very active. Lville only has 1 spot but Walz manages throw away players if he can grab one.
This is CoopSwoop's arithmetic:
Returning players: 11 (Potts, Perkins, Burrows, Wooley, McNabb, McEvans, Triantafylli, Wilson, Wood, Latham, Camp)
Recruits: 3 (Scott,Schmitt, Hawkins)
If Varejao returns, that makes 15 and the cupboard is full.

If that is how next year's team is constituted, does it make the tournament?

This is CoopSwoop's arithmetic:
Returning players: 11 (Potts, Perkins, Burrows, Wooley, McNabb, McEvans, Triantafylli, Wilson, Wood, Latham, Camp)
Recruits: 3 (Scott,Schmitt, Hawkins)
If Varejao returns, that makes 15 and the cupboard is full.

If that is how next year's team is constituted, does it make the tournament?
Yes, that is the math and I think it will be a uphill battle in the ACC next year as we add 3 more teams. NDame, Duke and NCSt all bring new bigs in at center, Stanford always tough, most all of UNC starters could return. And we lose Fair!

You can bet on at least 1/2 players leaving for one reason or another

Can’t really see anyone likely to leave. Latham or Woolley might be only possibilities to be lured by a nil bag.

Woolley, Wilson and McEvans have been with FLJ their whole career.

McNabb - legacy.
Perkins - primed for major minutes.
Camp - hope she stays, 1 year super senior PG perfect for this team.

Wood - already transferred in from Temple, maybe could not want to split minutes with Varejao?
Varejao - seems bought in
Latham - same and she will be very good as Jr. and Sr.

Potts just got here and the other 3 freshman - why change now and LOI signed

Burrows - got increased minutes, promising piece
Triantafylli - homesick or overwhelmed would be only reason

If all stay, looks like we lose 6 after next season. McEvans, Camp, Varejao, Wood, Wilson and Woolley. :(:oops:

Can’t really see anyone likely to leave. Latham or Woolley might be only possibilities to be lured by a nil bag.

Woolley, Wilson and McEvans have been with FLJ their whole career.

McNabb - legacy.
Perkins - primed for major minutes.
Camp - hope she stays, 1 year super senior PG perfect for this team.

Wood - already transferred in from Temple, maybe could not want to split minutes with Varejao?
Varejao - seems bought in
Latham - same and she will be very good as Jr. and Sr.

Potts just got here and the other 3 freshman - why change now and LOI signed

Burrows - got increased minutes, promising piece
Triantafylli - homesick or overwhelmed would be only reason

If all stay, looks like we lose 6 after next season. McEvans, Camp, Varejao, Wood, Wilson and Woolley. :(:oops:
I agree not likely to see any of the Buffalo group leaving except maybe Wilson, she's very smart and may have her degree early so could move on.
Perkins will not be given major minutes, behind Camp/McEvans, so she could be a possible.
Latham poached by larger NIL is my biggest concern.

I agree not likely to see any of the Buffalo group leaving except maybe Wilson, she's very smart and may have her degree early so could move on.
Perkins will not be given major minutes, behind Camp/McEvans, so she could be a possible.
Latham poached by larger NIL is my biggest concern.
After reading the interview with Latham on Syracuse.com I'm thinking it's possible she enters the portal

"Latham, an all-freshman ACC performer, has the look of a player who could be a multi-year starter for a program bracing to lose its box-office star. The Glenwood, Illinois native, who grew up in a basketball family about 30 minutes south of Chicago, said she’ll consider what the best option for her career is after the season.

The highest-rated recruit from Felisha Legette-Jack’s first full recruiting cycle, Latham flashed her potential early, scoring a season-high 23 points, grabbing 12 rebounds and blocking five shots in a win against Alabama on Nov. 30."

After reading the interview with Latham on Syracuse.com I'm thinking it's possible she enters the portal

"Latham, an all-freshman ACC performer, has the look of a player who could be a multi-year starter for a program bracing to lose its box-office star. The Glenwood, Illinois native, who grew up in a basketball family about 30 minutes south of Chicago, said she’ll consider what the best option for her career is after the season.

The highest-rated recruit from Felisha Legette-Jack’s first full recruiting cycle, Latham flashed her potential early, scoring a season-high 23 points, grabbing 12 rebounds and blocking five shots in a win against Alabama on Nov. 30."
Her dad has been liking Louisville Asst coaches tweets... Those scumbags are probably back channeling right now.

Her dad has been liking Louisville Asst coaches tweets... Those scumbags are probably back channeling right now.
They have a full roster so Walz will have to tell a player to leave.

Not surprising Clemson has 5 in the portal and top recruit ESPN #13 Berry has reopened her recruiting. BC has a couple in portal as well.

Not surprising about Latham- I think she could have and should have had a bigger role on offense for this team. Sometimes you need to work from the inside out. I'm fine with Dyaisha taking any shot she wants but Wooley and Rice could feed the post once in a while rather than jacking up threes.

Not surprising about Latham- I think she could have and should have had a bigger role on offense for this team. Sometimes you need to work from the inside out. I'm fine with Dyaisha taking any shot she wants but Wooley and Rice could feed the post once in a while rather than jacking up threes.
It sounded in her interview though that she doesn’t want to be known just as a great inside player, great rebounder - she wants to be free to play the perimeter, shoot 3’s, be a ball handler etc. She wants to feel free to expand her game how she wants to expand it. She should work on those skills in my opinion, go to the gym on her own so she can show she has those skills in practice. I’d ask a coach, teammate etc for help in my own personal workouts but not abandon wanting to be great in all areas including rebounding, and inside moves particularly if she really wants to be a multi skilled player. Certainly hope she stays and realizes she’s just in the beginning of the process and all her possibilities.

Latham is definitely the star and best player on the team next year. Losing her would be a big blow for sure.
I don't get it. Latham started, played almost the entire game unles she was in foul trouble or fouled out, which was an issue all season. She had every opportunity to post bigger numbers on offense, but she struggled to put the ball in the hole at times. Is that the Coach's fault...or the scheme's fault? She can become as big a star as she wants to be here in Syracuse. I sure hope she stays

I can’t imagine anyone leaving a program led by the dynamic Coach Legette-Jack, unless they weren’t getting any playing time.

Marilena Triantafylli is entering the portal

I’ll be 100% honest I didn’t know she was a scholarship player, I thought she was a walk on our team

Best of luck to her where ever she ends up and I hope that she gets playing time!