Transfer Portal up to 446 players now | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Portal up to 446 players now

Your solution that has a bunch of geeks stick around for 4 years playing glorified intramural games would certainly be the death knell of college basketball. At least my solution I conjured up while taking a crap this morning has a snowballs shot in hell of saving it. I’m also sorry I didn’t draft up a proposal with fine details with my team of lawyers for you to review.
If you think so. Your solution does next to nothing ro keep the good talent that is currently one and done and in a few years won't even pass through college. So those same "geeks" will still be the primary talent.

As others have said, the baseball model is the best chance. Still, that only lessens the blow. The elite talent will still bypass college.

Btw, glad to know you're regular.

If you think so. Your solution does next to nothing ro keep the good talent that is currently one and done and in a few years won't even pass through college. So those same "geeks" will still be the primary talent.

As others have said, the baseball model is the best chance. Still, that only lessens the blow. The elite talent will still bypass college.

Btw, glad to know you're regular.

I’m a regular kind of guy

I wonder is if possible for a player to enter the transfer portal and the NBA draft process at the same time? In other words, if the draft process does not look promising to go back to college but another school?

I wonder is if possible for a player to enter the transfer portal and the NBA draft process at the same time? In other words, if the draft process does not look promising to go back to college but another school?
I would think so. As long as they don't sign with an agent they can stay in school. They'd probably scare a bunch of schools off, though. Coaches may see it as a waste of time, with not only other schools, but the NBA as competition.

I would think so. As long as they don't sign with an agent they can stay in school. They'd probably scare a bunch of schools off, though. Coaches may see it as a waste of time, with not only other schools, but the NBA as competition.

You are incorrect, that is no longer true.

The NCAA changed the rules, and players CAN sign w/ an NCAA Approved (Whatever that means) Agent, and even have the agent pay for expenses related to the player trying out, etc -
and still retain the right to return to school.

The NCAA changed the rules, and players CAN sign w/ an NCAA Approved (Whatever that means) Agent, and even have the agent pay for expenses related to the player trying out, etc -
Right, but can they sign with an agent AND enter the transfer portal?

Thanks for the update. With regards to the previous posters question, there's no reason they can't do both.

Kerry Blackshear did that last year. He entered the transfer portal (ended up at Florida), while also declaring for the draft.

Easiest solution is the baseball model.

You can be drafted out of HS.
You can sign with the NBA team that drafts you and just play in the minor leagues.
Or go to college for 2 years and then you are eligible for the NBA draft after that year.

Just go full baseball model. Make the NBA draft each team gets a spending budget based on where they finish the previous season.
Let teams trade draft capital etc.
2 years isnt enough. i think it should be 4, minimum 3.

Interesting discussions.

It seems to all boil down to one thing: $$$$$$
It's changed the pro game and it's changed "college."
D-1 college ball is about $$$...in most places and most cases, unfortunately, any education is largely incidental.

"Solutions" depend on your perspective.
I think someone should be able to benefit from his or her abilities as soon as possible.
So, step 1 is for the NBA to let anyone come in...ok...maybe you need to be HS grad. Maybe.

That would mean colleges can forget about the huge stars like Zion.
They're going right to the big time.
We should realize by now that we're never going to see another team like Coleman-Owens-Thomson-Douglas in '88-'89 (except maybe at Duke or Kentucky).
College ball generally would be for real college students.
Less revenue for schools as viewer interest and TV revenue wane?
Maybe.
Deal with it...just the way colleges dealt with all the other changes from the advent of big TV money to the one-and-done era.

But what about the "can't misses" who do miss in the NBA?
Of course, they can play overseas or in the G-league.
College?
Why not?
With the stipulation that they have to behave like students and actually go to class as long as they're in school (except for UNC).
And all players should be entitled to a piece of the revenue they help bring in.

No doubt the level of college play won't be what it has been in the past.
But you want to see better players?
Watch pro ball.

By the way...Khalif Battle is transferring from Butler.
All in the family?

Now at 505 names, but soon, very soon, they'll disappear one day, like a miracle.

Does the increase have to do with the potential waving of the sit-out rule? (I like the sit-out rule, btw. I don’t think they should ever get rid of it.) I also think part of the factor this year is kids being off campus and away from coaches after the season. Coaches who want kids to stay and see a future for them in their programs can often convince them to stick it out and stay and have some influence on their decision. Now these kids are back home, and handlers, families and friends are in their ears, often to a negative degree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom