Transfer Portal up to 446 players now | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Transfer Portal up to 446 players now

Does the increase have to do with the potential waving of the sit-out rule? (I like the sit-out rule, btw. I don’t think they should ever get rid of it.) I also think part of the factor this year is kids being off campus and away from coaches after the season. Coaches who want kids to stay and see a future for them in their programs can often convince them to stick it out and stay and have some influence on their decision. Now these kids are back home, and handlers, families and friends are in their ears, often to a negative degree.
Maybe. But the numbers say this is just a continuation of the trend.

Does the increase have to do with the potential waving of the sit-out rule? (I like the sit-out rule, btw. I don’t think they should ever get rid of it.) I also think part of the factor this year is kids being off campus and away from coaches after the season. Coaches who want kids to stay and see a future for them in their programs can often convince them to stick it out and stay and have some influence on their decision. Now these kids are back home, and handlers, families and friends are in their ears, often to a negative degree.

Lot's of Uncle Dennis' out there

Gone are the days when you have several quality players coming off the bench. Nobody is willing to wait or earn a starting position.
I was watching the kentucky duke game from 98 last night. You had nba guys coming off the bench.

Gone are the days when you have several quality players coming off the bench. Nobody is willing to wait or earn a starting position.
I was watching the kentucky duke game from 98 last night. You had nba guys coming off the bench.

I'm fine with players being able to do whatever they want and if they don't care about the academics very much, that's understandable too. But it's funny having an 11-year-old who is basketball crazy because he has like four favorite teams (literally SU, maryland mostly but he also likes kentucky and michigan st). I always make fun of him for it but, to be fair, it is really strange because half the team turns over every year. It's hard for him to comprehend -- he's like Hughes is gone and no goodine or washington or Carey? It's just weird to explain.

They have been over 700 per year for the last 3 years running (avg of over 2 for every team in Div 1 basketball).

There is expected to be another big group announcing around late April/early May assuming the NCAA approves the 1 free transfer rule.

They have been over 700 per year for the last 3 years running (avg of over 2 for every team in Div 1 basketball).

There is expected to be another big group announcing around late April/early May assuming the NCAA approves the 1 free transfer rule.
They have delayed the decision on the transfer rule. Until June, I think.

Anyone know the last date to enter the portal? Specifically, is there time to enter after ability to play immediately is announced?

Sure why would the NCAA help anyone after the toughest thing in 100 years in America ? Never help anyone ever. Bunch of adults that never played sports in their life and taking out their revenge on kids to prove a point of power. Don’t get me fired up !

The sport makes money for programs. The players don’t receive any of that revenue from the colleges. They should be able to play wherever they want as long as they have eligibility.

College basketball is broken because players have realized they are the sport and the money made off the sport has gone thru the roof and the only thing that has stayed the same is they get none of it.

Pay the players if you want them to stay. If not deal with the consequences. Players are the sport.

The unintended consequence of this will be big state schools buying up all the best players from mid-level teams, and then the mid-level teams scouting and buying players from lower level teams. Ultimately, it will concentrate talent into even fewer teams who have a chance of winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom