Class of 2016 - Transfer Thread | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Transfer Thread

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/611957?referrer_id=1156386
Fiifi Aidoo! One of the top international guards still available. Arizona St and Texas A&M recently reached out according to Evan Daniels. 6'3 with a 6'10 wingspan. If we're looking for guard depth, then I rather take a flyer on a cat like this than waste a ship on Bibby Jr.

This is exactly the type of out-of-the-box thinking that could land us a contributor instead of just a warm body.

Francis, why don't you send this over to Hop? Can't hurt. :noidea:

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/611957?referrer_id=1156386
Fiifi Aidoo! One of the top international guards still available. Arizona St and Texas A&M recently reached out according to Evan Daniels. 6'3 with a 6'10 wingspan. If we're looking for guard depth, then I rather take a flyer on a cat like this than waste a ship on Bibby Jr.
Here's the thing about Bibby. He's s bit underwhelming on tape, but how many lightly regarded NBA star's kids have we seen do poorly in college ball? And how many have we seen excel? The Currys, Thompson, rautins, and even the Jordan kids come to mind as successes. Maybe there have been lots of failures but I can't think of any. I'm not willing to write off this Bibby kid yet.

Francis03 said:
http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/611957?referrer_id=1156386 Fiifi Aidoo! One of the top international guards still available. Arizona St and Texas A&M recently reached out according to Evan Daniels. 6'3 with a 6'10 wingspan. If we're looking for guard depth, then I rather take a flyer on a cat like this than waste a ship on Bibby Jr.
you really think Bibbys a waste huh? That pedigree though.

Here's the thing about Bibby. He's s bit underwhelming on tape, but how many lightly regarded NBA star's kids have we seen do poorly in college ball? And how many have we seen excel? The Currys, Thompson, rautins, and even the Jordan kids come to mind as successes. Maybe there have been lots of failures but I can't think of any. I'm not willing to write off this Bibby kid yet.

you really think Bibbys a waste huh? That pedigree though.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I'm just not personally a fan with what I have seen. At our current situation with the limited scholarships, ask yourself if he's really worth it? This kid needs a lot of work. He's not there strength wise, handle is very loose, and that slow two hand push shot will definitely be difficult to translate on the high major level. Maybe he becomes a role player at best, but that probably won't happen until his Junior year and who knows if he would even still be around.:noidea:

Last edited:
This is exactly the type of out-of-the-box thinking that could land us a contributor instead of just a warm body.

Francis, why don't you send this over to Hop? Can't hurt. :noidea:
Hop and GMac saw him play in a tourney back in February. I don't think it was known that he would be college bound at that point tho.

Last edited:
Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I'm just not personally a fan with what I have seen. At our current situation with the limited scholarships, ask yourself if he's really worth it? This kid needs a lot of work. He's not there strenght wise, handle is very loose, and that slow two hand push shot will definitely be difficult to translate on the high major. Maybe he becomes a role player at best, but that probably won't happen until his Junior year and who knows if he would even still be around.:noidea:

Nah, I'm not really disagreeing with you Francis, I'm just offering a positive note on the kid based on other under-recruited players. I agree with your assessment overall, I just figure if we're gonna take a flier, we might as well do it on a kid with NBA genes.

iommi said:
Is this guy the cure for our outside shooting needs? That is our glaring issue.

A 6-9 PF that shoots well from 3?

He'd solve more than a glaring issue.

He'd start.

Sorry, wrong guy.

We should be contacting him immediately!
Yah boi ..., nice looking inside player. Not sure what you and Francis think about him contributing out of the box. But his vids sure looked like he has an offensive game.

Last edited:
Yah boi ..., nice looking inside player. Not sure what you and Francis think about him contributing out of the box. But his vids sure looked like he had an offensive game.
Even if he's not expected to contribute right away, it's nice to have another big athletic body in the rotation for the following season.

Even if he's not expected to contribute right away, it's nice to have another big athletic body in the rotation for the following season.
For sure. We have the ships to stockpile some inside dudes. I'm a little concerned about scoring with the Mali situation looking like he's jumping. Gillon will help. Lydon's got an outside game. And I think Battle will fit nicely into Mali's role with Gillon/Howard setting him up. But I'd like to have another wing shooter and hopefully a couple of our frontline prospects will pop for us. I think next Wednesday's the signing day for the '16 class. So Mr. Birthday better get his announcement invitations ready. And afterwards, maybe we can celebrate with a little Turkish food. ;)

And afterwards, maybe we can celebrate with a little Turkish food.

Rarely can I ever make a Snatch reference.
image.jpeg

Charles Matthews, former top 100 recruit, from Kentucky just announced his transfer (to make room for Bolden I'm sure). He's a 6'5" SG that is known as a slasher and a poor shooter. Basically, another Justin Simon. Wonder if we'd have interest in this one. From Chicago.

Charles Matthews, former top 100 recruit, from Kentucky just announced his transfer (to make room for Bolden I'm sure). He's a 6'5" SG that is known as a slasher and a poor shooter. Basically, another Justin Simon. Wonder if we'd have interest in this one. From Chicago.
He would have to sit a year. Personally, I would prefer a shooting guard that can shoot.

He would have to sit a year. Personally, I would prefer a shooting guard that can shoot.
Oh I agree that a shooting guard should be able to shoot as a prerequisite. However, with so many open schollies, a fit as a zone guard and the ability to practice and improve with a year off, it would make sense to at least take a look. We need bodies and this would be an intriguing player to have available after next season.

Oh I agree that a shooting guard should be able to shoot as a prerequisite. However, with so many open schollies, a fit as a zone guard and the ability to practice and improve with a year off, it would make sense to at least take a look. We need bodies and this would be an intriguing player to have available after next season.
I agree, he would at least merit a look and evaluation.