Travel pet peeves from today's ESPN CBB blog... | Syracusefan.com

Travel pet peeves from today's ESPN CBB blog...

Eric15

Living Legend
I travel regularly for work, and this really entertained me. I agree with every single one.

F: Travel pet peeves -- If you spend a lot of time in airports and on planes, you've certainly got them. Here are mine: people who stand on moving walkways, flight attendants who tell jokes and sing, people under 6-feet tall who sit in exit rows, anyone who leans their seat back in my lap and then acts surprised when I knee them in the back, businessmen -- especially ones with Bluetooth devices -- who talk on the phone loud enough for the whole plane to hear, restrooms in massive airports with only one stall, people who try to board the plane out of order, people who sit in the middle seat next to me when there's an entire row open a few rows back, planes without WiFi, being given a tiny glass of Diet Coke instead of the whole can, people who bring foul-smelling sandwiches and salads on board and stink up the whole plane, peanuts with no salt and excessive talkers. Phew! Sorry about that. Had to vent.

I travel regularly for work, and this really entertained me. I agree with every single one.

F: Travel pet peeves -- If you spend a lot of time in airports and on planes, you've certainly got them. Here are mine: people who stand on moving walkways, flight attendants who tell jokes and sing, people under 6-feet tall who sit in exit rows, anyone who leans their seat back in my lap and then acts surprised when I knee them in the back, businessmen -- especially ones with Bluetooth devices -- who talk on the phone loud enough for the whole plane to hear, restrooms in massive airports with only one stall, people who try to board the plane out of order, people who sit in the middle seat next to me when there's an entire row open a few rows back, planes without WiFi, being given a tiny glass of Diet Coke instead of the whole can, people who bring foul-smelling sandwiches and salads on board and stink up the whole plane, peanuts with no salt and excessive talkers. Phew! Sorry about that. Had to vent.

Ha I read this just now too. Hate the standers on walkways.

Another one is when people who take too long to get their baggage into the overhead compartment while 15 people are waiting in the aisle. Just shove it in dude.

I fall asleep on a plane at the drop of a hat so most of this stuff I miss. Usually I fall asleep before I take off and wake up when the tires hit the ground when we are landing.

Wow! My travel week: on the road at 6:30 to drive to Buffalo to save travel time and a few $hundred. Incoming plane cancelled, wind ip leaving at 2, not 10. Hour delay in Cleveland. Arrive Dallas 9:30 central time.
Todays flight out by US Air at 8:30 cancelled. Bumped to Delta. On plane to leave at 9:30. Deplane at 11:00 due to mechanical issues. In line trying to get home. Just saw Steve Martin and John Candy, I swear.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

90% of the flights I have been on somebody farts and it lingers the entire time. All those air holes to is blow it around.

What is the moving walkway for if not for standing? You can walk on the non-moving floor right next to the moving walkway and not be impeded by anyone moving at a pace that isn't to your liking. But really, I only have a problem when people stand on the moving walkway and then spread their bags all over it so that you can't pass them. It really is for standing and if you stand but keep to the right, I have no problem with you.

Regarding the Southwest boarding process, I hate when people don't stand in the proper area of their particular group. Like for example, let's say they have B-20, and they stand in the very front of the B 16-20 group. That just fills me with irrational rage.

I was flying a few months ago, and a woman tried to board like 8-10 spots ahead of where she was supposed to, and the when she handed her ticket to the attendant, the attendant told her to stand aside and wait until it was her turn. It was like reprimanding a kindergartener - I was on cloud nine watching this.

Ever notice that 80% of the people that show up for the middle seat are like 100 lbs. overweight? It's almost like the airlines somehow know who the fatties are and assign them a middle seat.

F: Travel pet peeves -- If you spend a lot of time in airports and on planes, you've certainly got them. Here are mine: ... Had to vent.

I'd like to add one: When you start a "Let's Go Orange" chant upon boarding and Patrick Ewing refuses to join in.

Totally sucks.

My favorite is someone struggling to put an Extremely large bag in the overhead. The attendant comes along and 1-says "you'll have to check that bag" or 2-"let me help you squeeze it in the bin". It's virtually never #1 which causes my totally irrational brain explosion.

What is the moving walkway for if not for standing? You can walk on the non-moving floor right next to the moving walkway and not be impeded by anyone moving at a pace that isn't to your liking. But really, I only have a problem when people stand on the moving walkway and then spread their bags all over it so that you can't pass them. It really is for standing and if you stand but keep to the right, I have no problem with you.
Actually, the moving walkway is not for standing, but to cut down on your walking distance and time since airports are so spread out.

I fall asleep on a plane at the drop of a hat so most of this stuff I miss. Usually I fall asleep before I take off and wake up when the tires hit the ground when we are landing.

God how I wish I could fall asleep on planes. Flight home from Puerto Rico last year that left at 5 a.m. Was out drinking till 2 a.m. and slept for about an hour before I had to get up. Was wide awake the whole damn 4 hour flight home.

God how I wish I could fall asleep on planes. Flight home from Puerto Rico last year that left at 5 a.m. Was out drinking till 2 a.m. and slept for about an hour before I had to get up. Was wide awake the whole damn 4 hour flight home.

I dont know how either because I cant fall asleep at night ever in my own bed. Get me on a plane however and I am out. We took a cruise last summer and I got separated from the family and sat next to this oriental couple. I was out before the flight attendants did their schpeel and woke up as the tires hit the ground with my head practically on this womans shoulder drooling like a St. Bernard. It was pretty humiliating.

If you saw Joh
Wow! My travel week: on the road at 6:30 to drive to Buffalo to save travel time and a few $hundred. Incoming plane cancelled, wind ip leaving at 2, not 10. Hour delay in Cleveland. Arrive Dallas 9:30 central time.
Todays flight out by US Air at 8:30 cancelled. Bumped to Delta. On plane to leave at 9:30. Deplane at 11:00 due to mechanical issues. In line trying to get home. Just saw Steve Martin and John Candy, I swear.

If you saw John Candy your plane was flying really, really high.

I was out before the flight attendants did their schpeel

As a result of not hearing the presentation, did you?

-Try to help someone else with their oxygen mask before securing your own?
-Form a line near the forward lavatory?
-Use a portable electronic device before reaching 10K feet?
-Tamper with a lavatory smoke detector?

As a result of not hearing the presentation, did you?

-Try to help someone else with their oxygen mask before securing your own?
-Form a line near the forward lavatory?
-Use a portable electronic device before reaching 10K feet?
-Tamper with a lavatory smoke detector?

I was pissed I missed the drink cart lady more than anything.

1) Parents who make no effort to try to control screaming children. I realize you frequently can't control an infant, but there is no excuse for unruly 3 and 4 year olds who kick the back of your seat and screech the entire flight..
2)People with cats in carrying cases ... who then take out the cats and put the on their laps. I am seriously allergic to cats. If there is a cat on plane, it's owner is invariably sitting next to me.
3) People who take their sweet time removing their luggage from overhead bins when everyone behind them is trying to get off the plane.
4) Able-bodied people who use wheelchairs to get to the head of the boarding line.
5) Sitting next to people who are clearly sick... coughing and blowing their noses the entire flight.