Class of 2014 - Travis Lock - RB - Nassau CC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Travis Lock - RB - Nassau CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
SU Don't do packages too well, rather not start that one again.
I think the Thomas/Sharpe package worked out pretty well. What others were you thinking, the little scat back that Cali loved & the dope smoker who set off the fire alarm?

Edit: It just came to me, Jamere Knox was the scatback & Josh White was the doobie brother who set off the alarm.

@
2014 Nassau CC (NY) RB Travis Lock received offers from Syracuse and Kansas recently
I know I'vestated that I think this kid is very important to the program. He has the abilities of some of our former great RBs Of course that would include speed but he also has size that allows for the critical inside game to be successful for the Orangemen. I think the running game is the key to a powerful offense and this kid gives us that providing the O-line is capable in doing their job.;)

Dam...he doesn't get tackled until the 3:25 mark of the video.
Once he spots the opening and is able to stretch his legs at a full run he doesn't get caught from behind.That has been a freaking frustration for too many of our RBs lately.I thnk of DC3 who was brought down so often after he cleared the LOS.Even Jerome gets hit band dropped before he can hit his stride.PYG's long run in the Pinstripe game was truly a thing of beauty for guys like me who enjoy big running plays.Sure I love the deep pass connection but I also love the short pass thats made a long pass TD by the receiver who expanded the YAC part of the play. Not too many of those lately either.:(

SU Don't do packages too well, rather not start that one again.

Meaning we don't do a good job landing package deals, or that package deals don't work out so well once we do land them?

If it's the former, I can name at least 10-15 package deals we've landed over the past 10 years. Sharpe and Shamarko I feel worked out the best, but there's been some other quality players that have come here along with a teammate. Max Suter and Cody Catalina would have given them some competition if it weren't for Cody's injury.

Meaning we don't do a good job landing package deals, or that package deals don't work out so well once we do land them?

If it's the former, I can name at least 10-15 package deals we've landed over the past 10 years. Sharpe and Shamarko I feel worked out the best, but there's been some other quality players that have come here along with a teammate. Max Suter and Cody Catalina would have given them some competition if it weren't for Cody's injury.
Have we ever succeeded in a"package deal?"Back in the 60s we had the Delgazo twins. John was a lefty QB who had a release that was pure smooth.The ball left his hind as if it was self propelled and balanced. As good as it looked John's ability didn't make him a star in Syracuse. I attended a number of practices and was always amazed at how effortlessly he there and how the ball came out of his hand. It absolutely was like a magic trick of illusion to me.Whatever it was it has remained with me to this day.:crazy:

Have we ever succeeded in a"package deal?"Back in the 60s we had the Delgazo twins. John was a lefty QB who had a release that was pure smooth.The ball left his hind as if it was self propelled and balanced. As good as it looked John's ability didn't make him a star in Syracuse. I attended a number of practices and was always amazed at how effortlessly he there and how the ball came out of his hand. It absolutely was like a magic trick of illusion to me.Whatever it was it has remained with me to this day.:crazy:
hopefully Long/Williams could be the next package deal

hopefully Long/Williams could be the next package deal
Of late, these package deals haven't worked. I would rather we focus on individuals and heck, if that means we land another great recruit, so be it, but be happy with each recruit we get and don't worry about the package. For example, if Long is committed to here, he'll be our best alley along with coaches to bring in Williams. But that is a two edged sword. Williams lands someplace else and could sway Long another direction. Look at the EO and AE fiasco last year and where they ended up. just saying, focus on the individual.

Of late, these package deals haven't worked. I would rather we focus on individuals and heck, if that means we land another great recruit, so be it, but be happy with each recruit we get and don't worry about the package. For example, if Long is committed to here, he'll be our best alley along with coaches to bring in Williams. But that is a two edged sword. Williams lands someplace else and could sway Long another direction. Look at the EO and AE fiasco last year and where they ended up. just saying, focus on the individual.

What makes you think the staff isn't focused on individuals? They would have offered AE and EO whether they were BFF's or not.

This isn't like we're offering someone like Eugene Brown who was lightly recruited to get at his brother who ends up going to UCLA anyway.

What makes you think the staff isn't focused on individuals? They would have offered AE and EO whether they were BFF's or not.

This isn't like we're offering someone like Eugene Brown who was lightly recruited to get at his brother who ends up going to UCLA anyway.
Not saying staff is not focused, maybe some of us that wish for package deals?

Have we ever succeeded in a"package deal?"

Not sure we wouldve landed Quinta Funderburk or not but can't hurt that his HS teammate Jaston George is on the team as well.

Prior to that you would have to go all the way back to 2009 when we landed Shamarko and Brandon Sharpe unless you count the University School guys in 2010 that flamed out, or numerous Nassau JUCO guys since then. Also didn't hurt in getting 2013 Provo based on the fact that we had 2007 Provo.

Not sure we wouldve landed Quinta Funderburk or not but can't hurt that his HS teammate Jaston George is on the team as well.

Prior to that you would have to go all the way back to 2009 when we landed Shamarko and Brandon Sharpe unless you count the University School guys in 2010 that flamed out, or numerous Nassau JUCO guys since then. Also didn't hurt in getting 2013 Provo based on the fact that we had 2007 Provo.
Jaston is the only reason Quinta visited here as a senior.

Jaston is the only reason Quinta visited here as a senior.
I was there when the three kids from Oscar Smith were on their visit to a spring practice. There was a site writer who shall go unnamed who said QF was way overrated.

I was there when the three kids from Oscar Smith were on their visit to a spring practice. There was a site writer who shall go unnamed who said QF was way overrated.
QF "overrated"?Based on what? Who said that? If it was me I'm guessing it would hit some fan and described as the ranting of the crazy man with half a functioning brain. Like Sheldon scooper,I,m noy crazy, My wife had me tested. In Sheldon's case,it was his mother.Yes Sheldon is a fictional character on my favorite television show. . BBT is a source of laughs I support on all levels. Clearly I am not alone as its the top comedy on television . Even the syndication shows draw top numbers. If you don't like it you stand in the minority Each character has a depth of back ground and personality. The only bad thing is that my son isn't writing for the show.BTW My son's episodes is showing this coming ZFriday on "Nikita" :eek:

I see Travis Lock is a commit to Western Kentucky. If Petrino leaves, does anyone think Cuse would revisit his recruitment? West Kentucky has a couple of 3 star O line commits as well.

I see Travis Lock is a commit to Western Kentucky. If Petrino leaves, does anyone think Cuse would revisit his recruitment? West Kentucky has a couple of 3 star O line commits as well.
He was ours if we wanted him.

And he was right!

I watched QF as a senior play a big Ohio team on ESPN and he absolutely dominated. To my eyes he deserved every bit of his ranking. He was good.

this video is a bit grainy

Lock is already enrolled and signed at Western Kentucky, that ship has sailed. Bet he didn't know, along with many other JUCO's that dear ole Bobby was riding off in the sunset again, I am sure with another blond tied around the waste. Shame these kids that signed can't be given the same opportunity all these coaches are given.

Lock is already enrolled and signed at Western Kentucky, that ship has sailed. Bet he didn't know, along with many other JUCO's that dear ole Bobby was riding off in the sunset again, I am sure with another blond tied around the waste. Shame these kids that signed can't be given the same opportunity all these coaches are given.
probably his only scholarship offer so he should be happy he got on in case a new staff pulled his offer...

Yikes. Maybe Lock and Kelly can be cell mates someday
How does Lock get two days of jail time for his offense and Kelly gets released after resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer and making threats with an AK 47?

Status
Not open for further replies.