Class of 2014 - Travis Lock - RB - Nassau CC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Travis Lock - RB - Nassau CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Lock get two days of jail time for his offense and Kelly gets released after resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer and making threats with an AK 47?
All you have to do is listen to the news. Lock is black. Kelly is white. That is all you need to know.

How does Lock get two days of jail time for his offense and Kelly gets released after resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer and making threats with an AK 47?

Kelly has a better lawyer.

He never made threats with an AK-47, he threatened to go get an AK-47 out of his car. If he doesn't have an AK in his car then he doesn't have the means and ability to carry out the threat - more often then not this will get tossed in court.

Rich people don't have to same rules as us common folks. Look at Hollywood or professional sports.

I understand what the law says but as someone who works these investigations, what I wrote is what usually happens.

Yeah figured you would no better than most. I still content if his name was Chad Smith and he didn't come from money he'd be in some sh**. Don't even get me started on if his name was Chad Mohammed and he said that exact same thing.

Yeah figured you would no better than most. I still content if his name was Chad Smith and he didn't come from money he'd be in some sh**. Don't even get me started on if his name was Chad Mohammed and he said that exact same thing.
That is true to a certain extent. Most of it has to do with Mental Health status - actually said to me once by a prosecutor "just the ramblings of a crazy person". The one problem with this one will be the video - in it he is doing a lot of talking but doesn't do anything physically until the bouncer puts his hands on Kelly (and some people claim he was punched in face by bouncer before the video began being filmed). Any good lawyer will claim that he was goaded by the bouncers and none of this would have happened if not initiated by the bouncers. Guessing with his family and history they already have a lawyer on call...

He never made threats with an AK-47, he threatened to go get an AK-47 out of his car. If he doesn't have an AK in his car then he doesn't have the means and ability to carry out the threat - more often then not this will get tossed in court.
Read both accounts, Lock was arrested and then spent two days in jail…before he was released…Kelly was arrested and then released the same night. Neither has gone to trial yet. That's what I was talking about…

It's called a terrorist threat. You get on a plane and say you are going to blow it up…even if you have no bomb..you go to jail. …..same with mass shootings….we take that stuff very serious…and If Kelly does not do jail time, our system is blind to money, and fame…

It's called a terrorist threat. You get on a plane and say you are going to blow it up…even if you have no bomb..you go to jail. …..same with mass shootings….we take that stuff very serious…and If Kelly does not do jail time, our system is blind to money, and fame…
Am I in the minority that based on the bolded part of the post, I would be shocked if he did do any time in jail?

Read both accounts, Lock was arrested and then spent two days in jail…before he was released…Kelly was arrested and then released the same night. Neither has gone to trial yet. That's what I was talking about…
No where in that article, or any other doing a simple Google search, does it say he was arrested and spent the next 2 days in jail. He was arrested on March 30 and was given a bond, which if no one paid then yes he was not immediately released. The last of the 3 2-day jail sentences was served at the beginning of fall camp.

As to your other post, I think I said earlier that I fully understand what a terroristic threat is. Just because you make a threat does not mean you go to jail. Here are a few examples:
http://www.hometownlife.com/story/n...ation-farmington-school-bomb-threat/16593175/

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crime/2014/09/16/bomb-threat-fox/15730965/

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2014/10/11/eldo-kim-charged-diversion/
Note: I intentionally posted these to show diversity and not just that you don't go to jail cause you are a rich white male.

Context needs to be taken into account with each case. In most cases where people spend time in jail it is because they make the threat while in possession of a weapon, have access to a weapon, to avoid another criminal act, etc. The other part that needs to be taken into account is whether or not someone felt threatened by the statement. If no one is in fear due to the statement, then no terroristic threat happened. Ex. Kelly makes statement, someone dials 911, he is arrested. Later interviews all bouncers and witnesses say they did not fear for their safety, just felt he was a loud-mouthed turd trying to get his way. No Terroristic Threat. (not that this is what happened in this case).

I am in no way defending Kelly. I think he is a turd and prima donna. He may get off because of money but only because his family was able to hire a good attorney - his lawyer has already stated that the bouncers initiated the incident setting up his defense. It is more likely he pleas out for the resisting arrest and APO.

Do people forget that good lawyers get bad people off all the time? The more money you got, the better lawyer you can afford.

If he were Chad Smith he would get a walk, some community service, and you wouldn't hear about it.

All you have to do is listen to the news. Lock is black. Kelly is white. That is all you need to know.
The only news source you would get that from is MSNBC. Every other news source would thoroughly review both cases before they cried racism...

Nice to know that I have another reason to dislike you now. Not that I really needed additional reasons.

No where in that article, or any other doing a simple Google search, does it say he was arrested and spent the next 2 days in jail. He was arrested on March 30 and was given a bond, which if no one paid then yes he was not immediately released. The last of the 3 2-day jail sentences was served at the beginning of fall camp.

As to your other post, I think I said earlier that I fully understand what a terroristic threat is. Just because you make a threat does not mean you go to jail. Here are a few examples:
http://www.hometownlife.com/story/n...ation-farmington-school-bomb-threat/16593175/

http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/crime/2014/09/16/bomb-threat-fox/15730965/

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2014/10/11/eldo-kim-charged-diversion/
Note: I intentionally posted these to show diversity and not just that you don't go to jail cause you are a rich white male.

Context needs to be taken into account with each case. In most cases where people spend time in jail it is because they make the threat while in possession of a weapon, have access to a weapon, to avoid another criminal act, etc. The other part that needs to be taken into account is whether or not someone felt threatened by the statement. If no one is in fear due to the statement, then no terroristic threat happened. Ex. Kelly makes statement, someone dials 911, he is arrested. Later interviews all bouncers and witnesses say they did not fear for their safety, just felt he was a loud-mouthed turd trying to get his way. No Terroristic Threat. (not that this is what happened in this case).

I am in no way defending Kelly. I think he is a turd and prima donna. He may get off because of money but only because his family was able to hire a good attorney - his lawyer has already stated that the bouncers initiated the incident setting up his defense. It is more likely he pleas out for the resisting arrest and APO.

Down here in the South it would be called Communicating Threats which is a Misdemeanor. Like Ernj said that the person being threatened has to feel like the person would actually carry it out. A fight in a bar parking lot is a whole different story opposed to being on a commercial plane.

Also to add to what Ernj said, however long you spend in jail initially depends on how much your bond is (a monetary figure that will ALMOST guarantee you will you will appear in court). A bond is not supposed to be given as punishment. So if someone gets a bond of say $1,000.00, their family or friends need to pay the full $1,000.00 (which they will get back after the case is disposed of or the money will go toward fines and fees) or pay a bondsman up to 15% of the $1,000.00 which would be $150.00. The money you pay to a bondsman will be kept by the bondsman no matter what the outcome of the case is. If nobody pays the bond or hires a bondsman, you sit in jail until your first court appearance or longer. Kelly's family has money so that is probably why Chaddy got out because they paid money for the bond. I know New York's Criminal Justice system is different than North Carolina's.

I wish they would have left him in for about a month. Spoiled rich kid is never going to learn a lesson if daddy and Uncle Jim keep bailing him out.

Last edited:
Its a good thing that AKM-47 wasn't visible or the there would be no releasing until the body was in the ground.

Thank god Cali wasn't our recruiting coordinator, he wanted us to give this kid the 44... :confused:
He would have been thoroughly vetted. At this time Rob Washington should be considered and vetted for the time honored number and then offered.

Why are we still talking about this kid??????
Its just an opportunity to slam me . Oh wow ,I am devastated. Its also very hurtful to think that someone feels the need to do this. I don't think I've ever attacked anyone here without some provocation.

So i finally clicked this thread due to the activity and this is what i get... Now im contributing to it as well... Damnit

Status
Not open for further replies.