Class of 2014 - Travis Lock - RB - Nassau CC | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Travis Lock - RB - Nassau CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lock is a huge step above Howard in ability on the Div 1 field of play.
Its a good thought but neither needs a "package deal. Both can call their shots.;)

How do you know this?

Mike loser@
2014 Nassau CC (NY) RB Travis Lock received offers from Syracuse and Kansas recently
Interesting cat. He played HS ball at Lynbrook, was listed at 5'10 158 going into his senior year, class of 2011. I see him listed on the roster of Marist at 6'0 200 pounds the next season. Looks like he spent a season in 2011 but reshirted, then transferred to Nassau, so he is now class of 2014. With any luck, he will graduate in December and have 2.5 to play 2.

But between the summer prior to his senior year of HS and now, he claims to have added over 50 pounds to his frame. I think he is 5'10 at 200 pounds at best, pretty sure he has padded his numbers to try and get a scholarship. But he still running well with all the extra weight. Must have worked really hard in the weightroom the last couple of years because I believe he was 158 pounds in HS (see picture below).

Syracusefan.com Bio

cd0b15f1c8afa9a8800aaaf2c374d9e7

Its a good thought but neither needs a "package deal. Both can call their shots.;)

based on...

Rouse was turned down and Howard is no Div 1 RB either!!

Mike loser@
2014 Nassau CC (NY) RB Travis Lock received offers from Syracuse and Kansas recently
Kansas landed a good WR prospect from Nassau in their 2012 class named Mark Thomas and have already offered Lock and Chad Mavety.

This is being driven by the presence of Rob Ianello on the Kansas staff. Ianello is the Jayhawk WR coach and recruiting coordinator. Good recruiter who is from Port Chester NY (Westchester County). He hurt SU recruiting when he was the WR coach at ND from 2005-2009 and I think Kansas will be a factor recruiting in the NYS downstate area as long as he is around.

Kid seems to want to come here but I don't think the staff is reciprocating his interest. I don't think he should be a priority with higher targets on the board as well as who we have next year. You're adding another Junior to a RB stable that would already have 4 guys with junior eligibility in the program.

In 2014
Adonis Ameen-Moore - True Senior
Ashton Broyld - True Junior
George Morris - RS Sophomore
Devante McFarlane - RS Sophomore

Not listing Nas Howard as he is projected to play DB

Prospects in 2014 we have offers out to (and seemingly have a shot at):
Matt Domer, Mt. Carmel HS
and
Curtis Samuel, Erasmus Hall

Both guys would have all 5 years eligibility and look to be better prospects than Lock (based on offer lists and what I have watched). Hope that Lock doesn't have a committable offer at this point.

@
He is a top want but very difficult to bring in I think unless GM has the gift he is reputed to have in recruiting. Lock would be HUGE.;)

He is a top want but very difficult to bring in I think unless GM has the gift he is reputed to have in recruiting. Lock would be HUGE.;)
He has no other offers right now. Not too difficult to land if we want him (which it doesn't appear we do right now...)

he seems like a great player, but do we really need a juco RB when we have 2 potential studs in Sir George III, and Run DMF waiting in the wings? Personally i'd like to see the staff recruit depth behind these 2 and lets these kids go to work once there turn comes. All Lock would do is take carries away. The scholarship could be useful elsewhere.

he seems like a great player, but do we really need a juco RB when we have 2 potential studs in Sir George III, and Run DMF waiting in the wings? Personally i'd like to see the staff recruit depth behind these 2 and lets these kids go to work once there turn comes. All Lock would do is take carries away. The scholarship could be useful elsewhere.

I am of the opinion that we should bring in 2-3 HS RB's this year. There will be a 1 yr gap from last recruiting class where there was no RB giving one of the underclassmen from the next class an opportunity for significant carries behind GMIII and McFarland.

That is probably the pitch to this next recruiting class IMO.

Make him a safety

Could be the case. There isn't a need based on numbers and talent level at RB. IF he does have a commitable offer at this point i'm curious if it isn't at another position? Could be a safety or slot wr prospect.

Kansas landed a good WR prospect from Nassau in their 2012 class named Mark Thomas and have already offered Lock and Chad Mavety.

This is being driven by the presence of Rob Ianello on the Kansas staff. Ianello is the Jayhawk WR coach and recruiting coordinator. Good recruiter who is from Port Chester NY (Westchester County). He hurt SU recruiting when he was the WR coach at ND from 2005-2009 and I think Kansas will be a factor recruiting in the NYS downstate area as long as he is around.

Yeah, I was surprised he wasn't more of a factor as an HC, but he'll be a pain as the KU recruiting coordinator.

Status
Not open for further replies.