Tre Mitchell in the portal again | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tre Mitchell in the portal again

I can't see that happening. You fire a coach and hire his ass't with no Head coaching experience at the college level? The A.D. would get fired when that doesn't work out. Not if.
The program's top priority right now should be player retention and that only happens if that is the move they make. Mitchell leaving is going to set an already mediocre program back years.

The AD needs to swing for the fences to try to keep the team together or else there's a good chance he's looking for a new job soon based on his revenue sports hires. Tough position but he made his bed.

I see Rick Pitino involved here for sure. I also wouldn't rule out BC getting involved once they get their HC sorted out.
I don't believe B.C. takes transfers. They take grad transfers but not regular transfers. Oddly, I think that self imposed rule only applies to hoop.

The program's top priority right now should be player retention and that only happens if that is the move they make. Mitchell leaving is going to set an already mediocre program back years.

The AD needs to swing for the fences to try to keep the team together or else there's a good chance he's looking for a new job soon based on his revenue sports hires. Tough position but he made his bed.
I disagree. They need to hire the right coach. That is more important than any player. Might they suffer in the short term, of course. Hiring a guy with no head coaching experience because he is close to a player is very short term thinking.

Why, is his family rich? Paypal and the others will be involved.
We have no idea who is going to be involved with this kid. There will be a lot of players out there. I would bet, this kid already knows where he is going. He might takes trips, why wouldn't he? But I think the moment he asked for his release, he knew where he would be playing next year.

We have no idea who is going to be involved with this kid. There will be a lot of players out there. I would bet, this kid already knows where he is going. He might takes trips, why wouldn't he? But I think the moment he asked for his release, he knew where he would be playing next year.
Maybe they already tampered with him.

If UMass fires McCall and promotes Tre’s stepdad-to-be to head coach I think he pulls his name out.

Something to look for
If this kid was Cade Cunningham would I do that but not just an all conference player.
UMass would be a school that could hire Rick Pitino. He is an alum and bring energy.

If this kid was Cade Cunningham would I do that but not just an all conference player.
UMass would be a school that could hire Rick Pitino. He is an alum and bring energy.
UMASS would be nuts not to bring Pitino back to campus to finish his career.

Waiting a year for McCall's contract to be up, which is only the case because the AD extended him for no reason after year one, is going to kill the program with the numbers of players who are likely to transfer with Mitchell.

I'd love for them to hire Pitino but the rumor is they don't have money for the buyout this year.

I disagree. They need to hire the right coach. That is more important than any player. Might they suffer in the short term, of course. Hiring a guy with no head coaching experience because he is close to a player is very short term thinking.
I would rather they make a short term move right now because the AD has shown he can't make a competent hire. Promote Tre's step-dad and if it goes poorly you have a new AD to make the next hire.

Just a chitshow

Waiting a year for McCall's contract to be up, which is only the case because the AD extended him for no reason after year one, is going to kill the program with the numbers of players who are likely to transfer with Mitchell.

I'd love for them to hire Pitino but the rumor is they don't have money for the buyout this year.
No rich alumni/booster will step up to pay the buyout to get Pitino back to his alma mater to finish his career? I would think a gofundme campaign would easily raise the money.

No rich alumni/booster will step up to pay the buyout to get Pitino back to his alma mater to finish his career? I would think a gofundme campaign would easily raise the money.
How much is the buyout at Iona?

Top Ten, I think we are close to top twenty five next year without him.
We literally have no clue what the roster looks like next year and you have us top 25.
Which means you think we are top 25 every year.

We have no clue if the seniors are coming back.
We have no clue how many forwards are going to comeback.
We have only 3 guards on this roster for next year.

I can safely say we have a nice PG, SG, and 5 star forward coming in.
That is a nice foundation it’s not a lock top 25 team.
The last 4 years people have be saying this.
Mitchell probably makes us a top 25 team.

If Tre were to come here and one of Q/AG or even Marek came back we're a top 5 offense in college basketball.

However good you think this kid is on offense, he's better than that. I suggest watching his highlights against La Salle in December or SLU in the A10 tournament. Best offensive big in the country next season.

We have an extra ship available if Buddy would...
Hulk ban hammer.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom