Tre Mitchell in the portal again | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tre Mitchell in the portal again

No rich alumni/booster will step up to pay the buyout to get Pitino back to his alma mater to finish his career? I would think a gofundme campaign would easily raise the money.
Really? In this economy? I believe the buy out is enormous.

If Tre were to come here and one of Q/AG or even Marek came back we're a top 5 offense in college basketball.

However good you think this kid is on offense, he's better than that. I suggest watching his highlights against La Salle in December or SLU in the A10 tournament. Best offensive big in the country next season.
I agree. I will go a step more. If Tre were to come here, with Benny, Buddy and kadray, I don't care who the other forward is, we are elite once again. I have watched him. I love his game. And if just for me that other forward was Braswell, I couldn't imagine being happier.

This dude would be so good for us offensively.

I don't know if he can play the 5, but at this point, that shouldn't matter after these past few years.

In a dream world, he comes here, starts at the 5 and is backed up by Jesse/Frank. Probably plays about 20 at the 5 and another 12-15 at F. Benny, Braswell and hopefully 1 of Q/AG fill out the F minutes. Mitchell would add a quality 3pt shooter and someone that can do a variety of things with the ball inside and out.

But he should go pro, not transfer.

Kinda surprised he’s not declaring and at least testing the waters. That being said if he were to end up here which I highly doubt he will for numerous reasons (mainly because of his father) but if he did end up here we would be a top 10 team. Tre will have no shortage of schools calling and with the right P5 team I wouldn’t be shocked if he was getting 1st all American convo by the end of next year...the question is what teams are willing to deal with the pops. Tre is helluva basketball player.

UKs season officially ends, shortly after one of the best bigs in the country is in the Portal. Had to let the check ink dry out a few days I guess..?

Just a random guess fyi

UKs season officially ends, shortly after one of the best bigs in the country is in the Portal. Had to let the check ink dry out a few days I guess..?

Just a random guess fyi
Oh they will definitely throw their hat in the ring asap. Along with everyone else.

Kinda surprised he’s not declaring and at least testing the waters. That being said if he were to end up here which I highly doubt he will for numerous reasons (mainly because of his father) but if he did end up here we would be a top 10 team. Tre will have no shortage of schools calling and with the right P5 team I wouldn’t be shocked if he was getting 1st all American convo by the end of next year...the question is what teams are willing to deal with the pops. Tre is helluva basketball player.
Actual father or Bergeron?

Edit: I think we're going to play against him and Bergeron twice next season

Last edited:
Feel we may be competing with Honey Bunches and Hop here shortly.

Saying that aware of Hop’s 2021 big man recruit

I have actually heard that we have little to no chance. The reason we didn't get him the first time is still in play.
What was the reason ? There's been about a dozen big guys in the past few years we didn't get and I can't remember all their reasons for choosing the other team. Kai, Tre, Osun, Isiah x 2, it gets confusing for the AARPers like me.

Only 13.

Plus Sidibe and Marek wouldn't count if they return.

Which would make it 15. That's what he must have been referring to.

I don't know how 15 guys are going to react to a 6-7 man rotation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom