Trevor Cooney's hairline... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Trevor Cooney's hairline...

Can we start refering to receding hairlines as 'the shaky potato' from now on?

For instance:

Barber: How would you like it cut?
Me: Well, I saw this middle aged alcoholic looking man walking down the street and kinda want something like that.
Barber: Oh, then you want the shaky potato? Done.
Me: Thank you, sir.
Barber: No problem, just make sure you don't trim your facial hair whatsoever in order to complete the look.

For instance:

Me: Well, I saw this middle aged alcoholic looking man walking down the street and kinda want something like that.
Barber: No problem, just make sure you don't trim your facial hair whatsoever in order to complete the look.

If you google/twitter search "Say no more barber" there are some pretty entertaining posts.

For instance:

Oh man, you beat me to this.

I was going to tell a story about going to the barber shop and asking for the "shaky potato" and the first half of the haircut went well, but I got butchered by the barber during the second half of the haircut because he was tired.

For instance:

or just ask for the "baldwin"

Last edited:
I don't remember if it was a halftime thing at a game sometime in the last few years [someone might be able to specify], but I remember seeing Janulis introduced along with several other program players. If you thought MJ's hair was thin ~20 years ago, you should see it now!

I loved Janulis, though. He was a bit streaky, but a tough kid. Solid player, strong and tough. Deepest voice you've ever heard--didn't seem to fit his body. And a little known fact is that he ended up being best friends with Allen Griffin.

Big fan of Marius Janulis, despite some of his limitations. He really maximized his capabilities.

He was an excellent student also as I remember. I remember things like that now that we have to deal with the APR.

After seeing Hop roam court side over the past month, I think it's time for him to invest in the Dollar Shave Club and shave that scalp. :)

This photo makes me laugh everytime. Well done Trevor. 0307 this could be your avatar?
CDryb8jWAAAz9IX.png

How is this not everyone's avatar? Fantastic pic.

Who cares? Bit of a low blow if you ask me.

Yeah. Don't get it. It would be like making fun of Ed Cooley. Completely out of Cooney's control. Not like he is fat or purposely gave himself a manbun. Crazy to me that people called the manbun post the worst post of all time, but everyone on here is supporting this.

At this point, Trevor needs an all-topic thread pinned at the top of the first page. But this thread is worth having for sure.

An "Official All-Inclusive Trevor Cooney Dumpster Fire Thread"? Interesting. Definitely interesting.

Matt Rowe, Marty Head. Chicks dig a bald head!
I remember Matt Roe with long curly hair his fresh year when he only played garbage minutes. Can't find a pic.

Yeah. Don't get it. It would be like making fun of Ed Cooley. Completely out of Cooney's control. Not like he is fat or purposely gave himself a manbun. Crazy to me that people called the manbun post the worst post of all time, but everyone on here is supporting this.
I believe the OP was making a statement about the ubiquitous Cooney threads.

Who cares? Bit of a low blow if you ask me.

I respect you both as posters, but I'm surprised at how seriously you both took this thread. It was in response to the ridiculous threads basically repeating over and over that he's a sh.it basketball player. I don't know Cooney personally, but I doubt a guy in physical shape like him who has a hot girlfriend is too concerned about his prematurely receding hairline. I'd bet he'd be more okay with somebody making some harmless jokes about his hair than a good chunk of the fanbase saying he doesn't even belong in DI basketball.

Or, who knows, maybe I'm an a-hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect you both as posters, but I'm surprised at how seriously you both took this thread. It was in response to the ridiculous threads basically repeating over and over that he's a sh.it basketball player. I don't know Cooney personally, but I doubt a guy in physical shape like him who has a hot girlfriend is too concerned about his prematurely receding hairline. I'd bet he'd be more okay with somebody making some harmless jokes about his hair than a good chunk of the fanbase saying he doens't even belong in DI basketball.

Or, who knows, maybe I'm an a-hole.

Yea... sounds like i missed the sarcasm font there... i've definitely got some egg on my face.

But some of the responses were serious too. Even the ones that agreed with you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom