Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft

I think we need to ask...why don’t these guys want to play for Dino for the full 4 years.

There is something there.

This could just be COVID isolated. But something to keep an eye on in the future, especially with us playing so many true freshmen this year.

I hear ya. As I said the other day, how many guys ever leave after 3 years anywhere? I know Mike Vick did it, and I'm sure there are plenty of others. But I just don't know how many. And we have 2 in the same year.

Trevor Lawrence. Tee Higgins. Jake Fromm. Henry Ruggs. Tua. Jerry Jeudy. D'Andre Swift. Jonathan Taylor. Chase Young, JK Dobbins, CeeDee Lamb, Cam Akers, Trish Jackson, etc...

Happens all the time. Just not here.

Trevor Lawrence. Tee Higgins. Jake Fromm. Henry Ruggs. Tua. Jerry Jeudy. D'Andre Swift. Jonathan Taylor. Chase Young, JK Dobbins, CeeDee Lamb, Cam Akers, Trish Jackson, etc...

Happens all the time. Just not here.
But Cisco is the only well known highly rated prospect that has jumped early for us recently. Have other teams had guys leave early that weren't established studs?

I think we need to ask...why don’t these guys want to play for Dino for the full 4 years.

Because they played right from the start as true freshmen and so after 3 years of college ball they are ready to make some money in the NFL.
They have been injured and experienced the fear of possibly missing out on their dream, so they are going to grab it while they can.
That’s what’s there.

I hate it when my aspirations as a fan don't line up with the personal aspirations of the players. It was so much easier when we had 4-5 years to watch them grow and contribute to the SU nation. :(

What does be become in the NFL? I dont think quick enough for true corner.. Not big enough for LB.. Maybe a safety or rover type though..

Dino is delusional if he thinks he can talk some of his seniors to come back next year. He's losing juniors. He is not giving the players any reason to come back.
we only have 2-3 that will go pro. not of the other SRs will be in the NFL

I stand corrected. I hate that. But I’m used to it.

Two third year players are going pro. Not good.

We should just suck it up next year and start going the Clawson route. Redshirt them all.

What good does that do? Can't they still leave early? Aren't you just wasting a year?

Interesting decision. Wonder if injuries have played a role in thought process. Hope he sticks. Was an exciting player for sure.

What good does that do? Can't they still leave early? Aren't you just wasting a year?

You have to be 3 years out of HS before you're eligible for the NFL draft.

Can you RS one year, play two and leave? Sure.

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that's done it.

Is there such thing anymore as a player who sticks around for four years and plays at a very high-level? I understand the financial calculus, but from a Syracuse fans point of view It dampens enthusiasm. It’s getting to be like basketball now with the three years out of HS and outs.

I'm of the mindset that he'd currently go later rounds, or UDFA- that sticks. I was sincerely hoping he'd return and solidify an early/mid round pic. Best of luck to this young man. I think he can do it.

My dream of Williams/Cisco/Coley/Melifonwu as seniors totally shutting down passing games has gone the way of my dream of a Harvey/Wheeler/DeGrom/Syndergaard/Matz pitching rotation shutting down National league batting orders. :(

Just Michael Vick.

There are plenty of RS sophomores who get drafted, usually 3-4 guys in the top 50-100 of the draft each year are. As far as guys who are mid-late picks I’m not sure.

some recent names I know for sureWithout looking it up

Sam Darnold
Johnny Manziel
Quinnen Williams
Penei Sewell next year (technically he’s redshirting this year though)

Wow. Was he dealing with any injuries? He seemed to have been in and out recently. A whole lot of leadership in the secondary is departing. It will be important for some of our dline guys to come back for some leadership or next year our team will even be younger. Crazy...good luck Trill. No hate, just love for our Cuse guys but wow. What a long strange trip its been...this year and this season.

he‘s been out more than he’s been in the last four games

I don't think there's anything more "there" than these guys (Cisco and Trill) have the opportunity to realize their lifelong dreams. Also, I think getting injured might have made these two realize that their ability to play this game can be taken away from them at any moment and now was the right time.

You couldn't have asked Cisco and Trill to do more than they've done. They have been great for the program.

An earlier poster juxtaposed Etienne staying with Trill leaving. While I don't know if it's fair to compare the two situations, if anything, I think it might be easier to stay in a winning program than a losing one. Losing must take its toll on athletes. Also, as someone pointed out earlier, Etienne is chasing records.

I think what we’re forgetting is the guys you’re mentioning as leaving early from other schools are first or second round locks. Like without a doubt.

The guys we have leaving besides Cisco aren’t even on the draft boards.

Thats where the oddity is and is something that needs to be monitored.

What does be become in the NFL? I dont think quick enough for true corner.. Not big enough for LB.. Maybe a safety or rover type though..
I was thinking safety which is why I thought he'd come back for another year. He really doesn't have a lot of film playing safety for teams to look at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom