Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Trill Williams entering 2021 NFL Draft

I think what we’re forgetting is the guys you’re mentioning as leaving early from other schools are first or second round locks. Like without a doubt.

The guys we have leaving besides Cisco aren’t even on the draft boards.

Thats where the oddity is and is something that needs to be monitored.
Yeah leaving to be an UDFA seems an odd choice. Similar to the guys in b-ball leaving to make 35k in the g league. I thought Trill would come back and make himself into a first to second round pick. I think playing on a dysfunctional team that can't win takes its toll.

No surprise. I said in several threads back in September that I thought he would go pro. He's a stud. This decision was made for Cisco/Trill prior to season start.

Trill will definitely get drafted. And he will be phenomenal value if he lasts to the mid rounds. His size is the only question I think but he can be a solid safety in the NFL.

Durrell Eskridge left early too right?

This last draft had 120 kids that still had college eligibility left (99 where juniors).
I'm not sure why the narrative on this board that this is "rare".
Typically you will see 5-8 RS Sophomores each draft not just Mike Vick ;)

Yeah its tough for us to see him go. I think its a couple of reasons for that. He brought an attitude and a sense of confidence to the team. On top of that, we haven't really seen him put it all together at Cuse for what ever reason. He's shown flashes here and there ( when he flashes its a big flash). I think his best season was his freshman year but the NFL likes potential. He can fall through the cracks and not do much but it wouldn't surprise me if he excels in the league.

An earlier poster juxtaposed Etienne staying with Trill leaving. While I don't know if it's fair to compare the two situations, if anything, I think it might be easier to stay in a winning program than a losing one. Losing must take its toll on athletes.
I think there's a lot to this. Everyone wants to win.

This last draft had 120 kids that still had college eligibility left (99 where juniors).
I'm not sure why the narrative on this board that this is "rare".
Typically you will see 5-8 RS Sophomores each draft not just Mike Vick ;)
The discussion isn't about us having guys leave early, it's about guys leaving early that have a quesionable draft status. Cisco makes sense. 3 year starter. All-American. Ranked high on a bunch of draft boards. A number of other guys don't fit that profile. I don't have the time to research it, but I wonder how many guys in good academic standing and with time left declare for the draft and go in the 5th or 6th rounds or go undrafted. It feels like we've had a lot more of that the last few years than ever before.

There are plenty of RS sophomores who get drafted, usually 3-4 guys in the top 50-100 of the draft each year are. As far as guys who are mid-late picks I’m not sure.

some recent names I know for sureWithout looking it up

Sam Darnold
Johnny Manziel
Quinnen Williams
Penei Sewell next year (technically he’s redshirting this year though)

So I admit I (naively, stupidly) didn't realize how many 3 year guys have jumped pro.

But on the lists you and OX have posted, those are some pretty big time names. Other than Trishton, who was technically 4 years out of high school, went undrafted, but is on a roster.

The discussion isn't about us having guys leave early, it's about guys leaving early that have a quesionable draft status. Cisco makes sense. 3 year starter. All-American. Ranked high on a bunch of draft boards. A number of other guys don't fit that profile. I don't have the time to research it, but I wonder how many guys in good academic standing and with time left declare for the draft and go in the 5th or 6th rounds or go undrafted. It feels like we've had a lot more of that the last few years than ever before.
This tread as multiple topics being tossed around.
I've seen a bunch of people throwing around Mike Vick (Chip mainly) as being the ONLY RS Soph leaving and other things of that nature.
I was responding to those comments.

Was Rob Carpenter the first Syracuse player to get drafted as an underclassmen?

I've seen a bunch of people throwing around Mike Vick (Chip mainly) as being the ONLY RS Soph leaving and other things of that nature.
Oh. Gotcha.

That's definitely where he will play at. He is a big athletic kid that can cover slots and TE's and tackle when teams run the ball.
So how much does he get on the field at that position? I assume it's used more now than a decade or two ago. Is that the type of position that teams draft early? I would think it's less valuable than your safeties or outside corners.

I refuse to believe that anything has happened in college football since 2000.

Especially 2005 to 2008.

I refuse to believe that anything has happened in college football since 2000.

Especially 2005 to 2008.
Yes college football took the years off between 2005-08

I think we need to ask...why don’t these guys want to play for Dino for the full 4 years.

There is something there.
I think it has less to do with Dino and more about the value of playing at an average at best D1 program. Play 4 years in cold upstate NY for the right to go to the pinstripe bowl every year? Or be a mid round NFL pick?

Kids do not value college football or even college basketball as much as in the past.

It’s all about getting paid.

Best of fortunes to Trill, a tremendous talent. BTW, his dad is a helluva musician
1604591768021.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom