Trivia Question | Syracusefan.com

Trivia Question

Eric15

Living Legend
Who is the only player in NBA history with 20,000 career points, 5,000 rebounds, 8,000 assists, and 2,000 steals?

Who is the only player in NBA history with 20,000 career points, 5,000 rebounds, 8,000 assists, and 2,000 steals?
Responding quickly my guess would be Hondo John Havlicek.

Gotta be a guard right. I'll say Mark Jackson (maybe not enough points) or Gary Payton, John Stockton (maybe not enough rebound)

Oh wait Jason Kid just retired, what about him?

Lebron

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lebron

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

LeBron doesn't have 8000 career assists or 2000 steals.

I'm actually going with Gary Payton.

The Glove . . . but they didn't count steals in the old days (and were much more strict in crediting assists) or Oscar and probably West would be there, too.

How the heck isn't it Hondo? I am guessing the correct answer is Payton, but Hondo was an all-around star.

The Glove . . . but they didn't count steals in the old days (and were much more strict in crediting assists) or Oscar and probably West would be there, too.
All three of Hondo, West and Oscar easily make this list if they recorded steals back then.

How the heck isn't it Hondo? I am guessing the correct answer is Payton, but Hondo was an all-around star.

Because after just looking it up, I can tell you that only 8 players have ever accumulated 8000+ assists in NBA history. I'm also a little stunned to see that Mark Jackson is #3 on that list (Stockton, Kidd, Jackson, Nash, Magic, Oscar, Isiah, Payton).

Although Andre Miller is about to become the 9th, as he's only 44 away. No one else current is within 1800 of the 8000 mark.

he's another one - steals were not an official stat for most of his career, and he comes up short in assists, too - but that may be an artifact of the more rigid scorekeeping in those days.

All three of Hondo, West and Oscar easily make this list if they recorded steals back then.

Incorrect. Only one of those guys fits the bill in terms of assists. I don't think people realize just how many assists 8000 is. West only had 6200.

Because after just looking it up, I can tell you that only 8 players have ever accumulated 8000+ assists in NBA history. I'm also a little stunned to see that Mark Jackson is #3 on that list (Stockton, Kidd, Jackson, Nash, Magic, Oscar, Isiah, Payton).

Although Andre Miller is about to become the 9th, as he's only 44 away. No one else is within 1800 of the 8000 mark.
you'll notice that, except for Oscar, they are all from the 80s and after. Assists have been given out much more liberally in recent decades. If they used the current standards back in the 50s, 60s and 70s, there would be a lot more names in that club. And Oscar might be in the top 3.

LeBron doesn't have 8000 career assists or 2000 steals.

I'm actually going with Gary Payton.
I
It was just a guess here is my second one Allen Iverson

Incorrect. Only one of those guys fits the bill in terms of assists. I don't think people realize just how many assists 8000 is. West only had 6200.
Good call.

I don't know if you follow the Celtics at all, but please don't get Tommy Heinsohn started on how strict they used to be in crediting assists - You'd think Cousy would have averaged 20 a game today...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom