Tucker Dordevic transferring to Georgetown | Syracusefan.com

Tucker Dordevic transferring to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Per Ty Xanders he will be hitting the portal.

Less then stellar news but not unexpected unfortunately.

Seriously how hard is it to just not say anything about your plans next year if you are not 100% sure? So lame. Would be a lot easier to take if he just said nothing earlier in the season so we would be half expecting something like this. So sad. Wish he just went to the PLL instead of playing somewhere else in year 9 of college.

Should have given him the 22 and the Gait Lacrosse NIL deal.

Have to think Maryland, Rutgers, Georgetown, Duke are the favorites depending on what he wants to get a degree in

To be fair, you can say that about pretty much everyone who enters the portal

Have to think Maryland, Rutgers, Georgetown, Duke are the favorites depending on what he wants to get a degree in

To be fair, you can say that about pretty much everyone who enters the portal

Maryland I think is the heavy favorite with Duke slightly behind. I can't see Rutty. G-town could be interesing, dark horse team. I also wouldn't rule out him just going pro either.

He graduated from HS in 2017.

When you show up for work one day, and all your co-workers are half your age...

I definitely think that played a role, I know he committed to coming back a month or whatever it was ago but you wonder if the losing combined wiht an all new staff and major roster turnover changed his mind. As much as I like him as a player he has been here for essentially going on nearly six years, I can't fault him for wanting to move on in his last year when clearly were still in a rebuild mode.

Seriously how hard is it to just not say anything about your plans next year if you are not 100% sure? So lame. Would be a lot easier to take if he just said nothing earlier in the season so we would be half expecting something like this. So sad. Wish he just went to the PLL instead of playing somewhere else in year 9 of college.

I certainly wish him the best but I agree with you, why make an announcement a few weeks ago about staying and having his grad program all lined up? Should we be more concerned about what's happened in the last few weeks to change his mind?

It can certainly feel that way, better times are ahead though.
I don't know man. Next years team is way too young. D will still be bad. O worse unless Spallina really goes off in year 1. Two years down the line things maybe get better but with everyone transferring at the first sign of adversity I have to imagine we are both not done taking hits this year and will take some hits next year. Having Tucker next year would have been the perfect carry over from the old squad to the new young talent. A reliable guy off the dodge to give our younger facilitators and feeders plenty to work with. This is devastating.

2013? You're just a newbie.

I've been a fan since the early 70's.
Been a fan since before then (although I believe I am younger than most here), but that's about when it switched from ups and downs to hell on earth. Let's call it after the Ennis team lost to Dayton. Basically complete and total pain since then.

I certainly wish him the best but I agree with you, why make an announcement a few weeks ago about staying and having his grad program all lined up? Should we be more concerned about what's happened in the last few weeks to change his mind?

Well originally I had heard he didn't plan on coming back anywhere next year then decided to come back then changed his mind again to play but somewhere else. I think he was a bit unsure of what he wanted to do but I also think its fair to say the last month + didn't exactly help matters. Have to keep in mind he's not a Gait guy and just about everyone he came in with has graduated. I wish he was coming back but him leaving does make some sense.

I don't know man. Next years team is way too young. D will still be bad. O worse unless Spallina really goes off in year 1. Two years down the line things maybe get better but with everyone transferring at the first sign of adversity I have to imagine we are both not done taking hits this year and will take some hits next year. Having Tucker next year would have been the perfect carry over from the old squad to the new young talent. A reliable guy off the dodge to give our younger facilitators and feeders plenty to work with. This is devastating.

Losing Tucker for next year definitely hurts, no doubt about it. Losing Curry and him takes your two best offensive players away. I do think this opens up the potential for SU to hit the portal themselves for a middie as the attack (assuming no other major portal losses) will be Hiltz, Spallina and Birtwistle. Middie looks like a major question mark right now and will need to be backfilled with a transfer or 2 and hope that a younger guy can break out a bit.

Remember everyone throw out any potential school that would be an easier pill to swallow. This is cuse sports. He is going to one of the schools that we would absolutely hate to see get him. Duke, UVA, ND, Hop, Rutgers, Hobart, UAlbany. That's his top 7 I guarantee it.

Maryland I think is the heavy favorite with Duke slightly behind. I can't see Rutty. G-town could be interesing, dark horse team. I also wouldn't rule out him just going pro either.
A number of 5th years have gone out to Denver.
He might fit in nicely at UVa.
I would enjoy watching him play for Maryland.

A number of 5th years have gone out to Denver.
He might fit in nicely at UVa.
I would enjoy watching him play for Maryland.

I thought about UVA but I guess it depends on whether or not he wants to play middie or attack. For some reason I just didn't see it as a fit even though he probably could slide right in as you noted.

Denver is interesting if he wants to be a lot closer to home. If its a ring he's after doesn't seem to be a great fit.

It would be a terrible move for him to just get up and join one of our rivals. It would be terrible. If he just up and joins UVA after our several battles and fights and chirps over the years it would be horrible. Just a complete total nightmare of a look for the current staff if he goes joins a rival after saying he would come back earlier in the year. No other way to slice it. I would not want to play for this staff as a prospective recruit or transfer if I saw that. This is nothing but terrible horrible no good very bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom