Turning the Court? Really? Give me your thoughts... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Turning the Court? Really? Give me your thoughts...

So the donors should continue to give their money to a program that is saying we really don't care about you? As noted by others, this wouldn't be the 1st time that SU has taken something from the donors.

Most of the people here have stated that the biggest complaint is that they have paid for their seasons (and made their donations) without any information that SU was considering moving the court for the biggest home game of the year. That's not being against the move, or the program, that's being against an extremely poor business tactic.
Here's the thing to keep in mind. If, prior to purchasing your tickets, the AD had said that "The Duke game will be in your ticket package, but the dome might be reconfigured. We will do our best to keep viewing advantages in line with respect to your current tickets." Is there anyone, I mean anyone, who would not have purchased their season ticket package? Of course not. If they took the tickets out of your package, and made it a one time purchase (separate form the rest), I think the villagers should, and would, riot.

But in the scheme of things, they could not share the facts at the time (because there was likely a lot being work on with respect to schedule logistics, feasability, etc). You know in yor heart you would have purchased them in either case. Why choose to be mad that the change was made?

And I'll go a step further. If anyone wants to sell their tickets for the pro-rated face value of their ticket contract (with respect to the ticket package) due to the calamity of potential sight adjustments, I will buy them off you (up to $5k in tix). I'll re-sell those little gems and pay for a trip to be there, and any profit I'll donate back to the university.

You know you would have purchased them anyway, being mad about it is a choice...

Lets estimate how many of the 50k seats will go to dookies.

My advice is to take the over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets estimate how many of the 50k seats will go to dookies.

My advice is to take the over.

10-15K. They have the numbers in the tri state area and the money to turn out in force.

When will tickets go on sale for this btw?

I would say within 30 days.

No doubt they have, or will soon, lay out the court in the middle of the Dome and test the various sightlines, etc.

Not sure if this has been discussed among the various threads, but where would they put the SSS and the students?

On the floor, a couple rows deep. Sour Sitrus off the baseline on the floor. Behind courtside seats and press tables.

Bad sightlines, but these are the groups who have the least skin in the game and who are least likely to complain.

Here's the thing to keep in mind. If, prior to purchasing your tickets, the AD had said that "The Duke game will be in your ticket package, but the dome might be reconfigured. We will do our best to keep viewing advantages in line with respect to your current tickets." Is there anyone, I mean anyone, who would not have purchased their season ticket package? Of course not. If they took the tickets out of your package, and made it a one time purchase (separate form the rest), I think the villagers should, and would, riot.

But in the scheme of things, they could not share the facts at the time (because there was likely a lot being work on with respect to schedule logistics, feasability, etc). You know in yor heart you would have purchased them in either case. Why choose to be mad that the change was made?

And I'll go a step further. If anyone wants to sell their tickets for the pro-rated face value of their ticket contract (with respect to the ticket package) due to the calamity of potential sight adjustments, I will buy them off you (up to $5k in tix). I'll re-sell those little gems and pay for a trip to be there, and any profit I'll donate back to the university.

You know you would have purchased them anyway, being mad about it is a choice...

Here's another thing to keep in mind. It is bad business and in poor taste to sell a product, collect payment for the product and then change the product. It's really not a difficult concept to understand.

10-15K. They have the numbers in the tri state area and the money to turn out in force.

When will tickets go on sale for this btw?

I'd say that's accurate. These aren't Hoyas we're talking about. Duke travels, and I have been told that they plan on doing just that.

So, take away any "loud house" home advantage, and add to it the number of dookies who will be there.

Maybe the ESPN shots will show all the blue. That would be great PR

Reactions: cto
I'd say that's accurate. These aren't Hoyas we're talking about. Duke travels, and I have been told that they plan on doing just that.

So, take away any "loud house" home advantage, and add to it the number of dookies who will be there.

Maybe the ESPN shots will show all the blue. That would be great PR

So if Duke were to bring that many (I think it is high) then it means the 10-15k more we are trying to get in the Dome is almost all Duke fans.

Here's another thing to keep in mind. It is bad business and in poor taste to sell a product, collect payment for the product and then change the product. It's really not a difficult concept to understand.

By the comments in these threads, it seems that many can't understand the concept...but you're just a bad fan for complaining. You should not only take a crappier seat for the biggest home game of the year, you should suck it up or else SU hoops will continue to suffer in the dark ages and will never rise to an elite level.

Because people want to feel that they important to the success of the program and, right or wrong, Syracuse is telling them they are not. I've said it multiple times in the multiple threads created.

Completely false premise. Although the donors are the backbone of the program.

So if Duke were to bring that many (I think it is high) then it means the 10-15k more we are trying to get in the Dome is almost all Duke fans.

Truthfully I do think it's high. But I'd be comfortable about betting on 10k.

You know how we gleefully take over other arenas and brag about it being a home game? As a percent of crowd it wouldn't compare to what we can accomplish at certain away games, but since our fans can't make as big a difference as they normally would for a big game, even 10% of crowd devoted to dookies would be a shame. However, I'd bet more on 20%, and that's just not smart.

But, their money is green even if their blood is blue.

If there are 10k Duke fans there, this thing could be a disaster, especially if we lose. The mere thought of that makes me sick.

If this is going to happen, it better be done right.

Completely false premise. Although the donors are the backbone of the program.

i always thought the students athletes were the backbone.

Truthfully I do think it's high. But I'd be comfortable about betting on 10k.

You know how we gleefully take over other arenas and brag about it being a home game? As a percent of crowd it wouldn't compare to what we can accomplish at certain away games, but since our fans can't make as big a difference as they normally would for a big game, even 10% of crowd devoted to dookies would be a shame. However, I'd bet more on 20%, and that's just not smart.

But, their money is green even if their blood is blue.

All the more reason not to change the court. It would be accommodating Dike fans while screwing preferred seating holders.

All the more reason not to change the court. It would be accommodating Duke fans while screwing preferred seating holders.

Exactly. Much like our fanbase being excited to visit our new ACC brethren, this is new turf for them as well, so they are going to descend like locusts.

SUAD better believe in global warming. I can only imagine if a blizzard hits The 315 that weekend. It would be a diaster.

Where are 10,000 Duke fans gonna stay? I really don't see all their bridge and tunnel fans making the treck.

Don't worry Bill Orange. If a blizzard hits that is that bad that the Syracusians can't make it to the game, then it won't matter because ESPN won't make it either, and no one will see the empty seats on TV!! And the Dukies won't make it past Binghamton.

Where are 10,000 Duke fans gonna stay? I really don't see all their bridge and tunnel fans making the treck.

Hotels were sold out for months for the Clemson football game, and it had nothing to do with homecoming. I understand that Clemson is descending upon us that weekend. The ACC teams seem to travel extremely well.

Exactly. Much like our fanbase being excited to visit our new ACC brethren, this is new turf for them as well, so they are going to descend like locusts.

SUAD better believe in global warming. I can only imagine if a blizzard hits The 315 that weekend. It would be a diaster.
seems to be a lot of bickering and infighting up there about this.

best thing is to just move this to the Garden.

bump the johnnies to 9am, gtown to 11:30.

clear the Garden.

Syracuse-dook at 3.

clear the Garden.

Knicks at 9.

and everyone should be in a party by 12.

now thats a NYC SuperBowl Saturday that id be down with.

git er done Dr...

Oh Lord

Trek from where? NYC and New Jersey? It's not that far a drive or train ride.

seems to be a lot of bickering and infighting up there about this.

best thing is to just move this to the Garden.

bump the johnnies to 9am, gtown to 11:30.

clear the Garden.

Syracuse-dook at 3.

clear the Garden.

Knicks at 9.

and everyone should be in a party by 12.

now thats a NYC SuperBowl Saturday that id be down with.

git er done Dr...

Oh Lord

Just how long does it take to clear out a few dozen Johnnie and Hoya fans?

My last point in this whole unfortunate charade. Syracuse holds the on campus attendence records due mainly to the Dome being about 10,000 seats bigger than the next closest arena. The attendance records are about Syracuse. The top 10 attendances ever have been against 6 different teams (Nova, UConn, LOU, Gtown, Rutgirls and ND). We set the record because of the Orangmen, not the opponent. Most people nationally have no idea who the record is against. Turn the court to sell more seats against Duke and suddenly the record is not Syracuse's record. Its the Duke -Syracuse record. No thanks. Set the record against Duke under our normal seating and its still OUR record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom