TV for Villanova game? | Syracusefan.com

TV for Villanova game?

llandz

Living Legend
I am trying to figure out if I can do a game watch here in AZ. Sports bars that stream ESPN3 are not an option as the internet stream breaks up and freezes. We tried it for basketball. I can't find a schedule yet of ESPN game plan games. Does anyone have any links to who might be carrying the game, such as the ACC Network? Or a link to the Game Plan schedule for 2014. I am guessing it is not out yet. If I go to the page to see blackouts, they still say "see you next season". Problem is that season is around the corner, and some of us like to make plans????

I am trying to figure out if I can do a game watch here in AZ. Sports bars that stream ESPN3 are not an option as the internet stream breaks up and freezes. We tried it for basketball. I can't find a schedule yet of ESPN game plan games. Does anyone have any links to who might be carrying the game, such as the ACC Network? Or a link to the Game Plan schedule for 2014. I am guessing it is not out yet. If I go to the page to see blackouts, they still say "see you next season". Problem is that season is around the corner, and some of us like to make plans????

I checked the ACC schedule and the Nova-Cuse game will be carried on ESPN3.

http://www.theacc.com/#!/school/syr

I know it is on ESPN3. Was looking to see if it is any where else west of the Mississippi.
Or if ESPN game plan is picking it up in addition to ESPN3.

Thanks. Let me know if it changes at all. So no game watch for our first game, unless it is at my house, which may happen. I can stream, but sports bars are not very good at it from my experience.

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/

This is a good site to check for links. If you do use it follow the info about getting rid of the pop-ups by using one of the pop-up blockers based on your internet browser.

I know it is on ESPN3. Was looking to see if it is any where else west of the Mississippi.
Or if ESPN game plan is picking it up in addition to ESPN3.
I don't think ESPN3 broadcasts are ever picked up by GamePlan...the reason is they are driving demand for folks to scream for ESPN3. Quality is getting better for ESPN3. You might ask your normal bar to check to see if they can do it. The game will be on a Friday late afternoon for you...

I don't think ESPN3 broadcasts are ever picked up by GamePlan...the reason is they are driving demand for folks to scream for ESPN3. Quality is getting better for ESPN3. You might ask your normal bar to check to see if they can do it. The game will be on a Friday late afternoon for you...[/QUOT

They told me they have the ability to stream ESPN3. So we tried it for one of the basketball games last year. Needless to say we all went running home to watch. I had my office computer hard wired for watching ESPN3. By the time you dilute the signal through wireless, and with our crappy internet providers out here it just does not work. I do ok with my own laptop and tv at home and a couple of wireless signal boosters and extenders. I just can't count on a bar. I know they do it in NYC, but they must have a better set up for streaming through their tvs then the bars here do.

The chromecast to me seems to be the easiest and cheapest way {only $30 bucks at WalMart} to get ESPN3/WatchESPN on your television. The quality has always been great for me, though that may depend on your bandwidth. You can also use it to watch Netflix, Hulu, HBOGO and my personal favorite right now Popcorntime. It's a good investment brova, do it.

Thanks. Let me know if it changes at all. So no game watch for our first game, unless it is at my house, which may happen. I can stream, but sports bars are not very good at it from my experience.
Party at Linda's house!
The game 2 weeks later will be on ESPNU or ESPNNews.

Question about espn3: if I cannot watch the game live, does the espn3 page show the scores or can you just jump into a game without knowing the final score?

Question about espn3: if I cannot watch the game live, does the espn3 page show the scores or can you just jump into a game without knowing the final score?
You should be good to go if you either bookmark the espn3 page, or leave it open in your browser
espn3.JPG

As orange79 said the espn3 page does not show the scores, but be aware that as of last season, all college football games had "big play markers" throughout. I even called to ask if there's a way to turn them off but was told no. As far I know, the ESPN3 app does not have them so you may want to watch on your phone.

Party at Linda's house!
The game 2 weeks later will be on ESPNU or ESPNNews.
Hey you are all welcome to get on a plane and come out here!!

The WatchESPN or ESPN3 site does not show scores and will not be a spoiler for you. You can either watch the live game or you can watch a replay. I think the replay is usually available an hour or two after the game I believe. You can't however start the game from the beginning if you are wanting to start watching sometime during the game.