TV shows that lasted WAY too long | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

TV shows that lasted WAY too long

The Office - should have ended when Carell left
Roseanne - 2 seasons too long
Dexter - first four seasons you could put up against any show for one of the best
House of Cards - Spacey was that show
That 70s Show - That last season was horrific
House - again probably 2 seasons too long
Shameless - it's starting to drain on and on

Some of the shows that get big are like baseball players - they make their money past their prime.

Big Bang Theory
Weeds
The West Wing
Mr. Robot
Scandal
How to Get Away With Murder
Fresh Off the Boat
OZ
How I Met Your Mother

And, of course, Happy Days.

Orange Is the New Black.

It should’ve ended after the opening credits of episode 1.

Netflix Originals are TRASH.
We enjoyed the first two or three seasons.

Uh, have you not seen Ozark?

Ozark is overrated.

Season 3 was pretty good though, so maybe it’s on the upswing.

House of Cards sucked.

While I never watched it, Bones has to be on somebody’s list.

That reminds me, I forgot to include New Girl on my list.

Ozark is overrated.

Season 3 was pretty good though, so maybe it’s on the upswing.

House of Cards sucked.
We usually agree on everything pop culture. I’m shocked by these revelations.

Does Cobra Kai count as a Netflix original? Probably not until season 4.

We usually agree on everything pop culture. I’m shocked by these revelations.

Does Cobra Kai count as a Netflix original? Probably not until season 4.

I haven’t watched Cobra Kai yet. I hear good things.

Too many sports on TV right now for me to bother with any shows. I’ll wait until bball/baseball playoffs are over.

Orange Is the New Black.

It should’ve ended after the opening credits of episode 1.

Netflix Originals are TRASH.

I hate to say it but I loved OITNB. Until Pennsatucky passed her GED and Piper got back with Donna Pinciotti at the end.

But it was a great binge during quarantine.

Two and a Half Men without Charlie Sheen is garbage and the last REAL season of Prison Break should have been half as long as it was.

Three's Company. After losing Chrissy and the Ropers, it was never quite the same.

I thought Seinfeld got out at the perfect time. Season 9 was the best season.

Those are fighting words.

The show suffered bigly after Larry left. There were half a dozen all-time classics in the last two seasons, but 8 and 9 are characterized by broad humor and totally unrecognizable and caricatured characters.

Anyway, I think the right answer is: all of them. There are very few favorites of mine that I can turn on during a later season and say "hey! here comes an exciting story arc." In general, the networks' desire to wring out a few more dollars leads to a mediocre show being produced long after it has been played out.

Season 5 of The Wire is the worst season and is difficult to rewatch. Seinfeld, enough said. Cheers devolved into all slapstick all the time in the last four years. Scrubs I would have forgotten but you all nailed it. 24...outrageous. The Office, terrible down the stretch. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel gets worse with each passing season. And, obviously, Saved by the Bell fizzled badly in its last years.

Those are fighting words.

The show suffered bigly after Larry left. There were half a dozen all-time classics in the last two seasons, but 8 and 9 are characterized by broad humor and totally unrecognizable and caricatured characters.

Anyway, I think the right answer is: all of them. There are very few favorites of mine that I can turn on during a later season and say "hey! here comes an exciting story arc." In general, the networks' desire to wring out a few more dollars leads to a mediocre show being produced long after it has been played out.

Season 5 of The Wire is the worst season and is difficult to rewatch. Seinfeld, enough said. Cheers devolved into all slapstick al6l the time in the last four years. Scrubs I would have forgotten but you all nailed it. 24...outrageous. The Office, terrible down the stretch. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel gets worse with each passing season. And, obviously, Saved by the Bell fizzled badly in its last years.
I don't agree try and tell me the frogger episode isn't an all time classic you have the Merv Griffin show which is another classic. Season 9 is fantastic. You also. Have the Wizard and the burning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom