Twitter Discover | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Twitter Discover

Yes, I was speaking financially. Wisconsin has been more successful. But if I'm a coach, do I go somewhere because "they have been more successful than we have?" I think it's pretty obvious that any coach knows that they are not just going to inherit success. So yeah, still a lateral move.
Still don't follow. He would never leave for similar money to SU. No coach would do that unless an SEC called and even then, no coach makes a move for the same money. Anyone trying to lure Marrone would offer at least a half million more than he makes here. They wouldn't get a call back otherwise.

Please name ONE TIME that those friggin' "A FLIGHT JUST LEFT SHEBOYGAN FOR EAST BUTTFUMBLE!!! ZOMG!!11!!" has ever meant anything, ever.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Marrone pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Clemson plane flying outta Blacksburg in 2003... (n)

Exactly. No direct flights from Syracuse to Madison.

My guess about connections for major airlines.

Delta: Connect in Detroit or Cincinnati
US Air: Connect in Philly or LGA
United: Connect in Chicago
American: Connect in Chicago

Putting this much thought into it means the terrorists have won.

If you go to the Wisconsin board there is a ton of chatter about HCDM along with the assistant from ND.

One thing I 'could' believe in all this that I can entirely believe Marrone is the kind of coach Alveraz would want. In all aspects, on field/off field/salary expectations etc. Alveraz is a smart football guy and Wisconsin isn't a place that expects a homerun hire.

One more thought. The University of Wisconsin - Madison is also in the middle of hiring a new Chancellor. Maybe they interviewed Nancy Cantor. She's out at Syracuse so she needs a job, she's been a Big 10 Chancellor before and she would surely take a private jet direct to Madison.

Per a chancellor search article i read:

"The search timetable calls for the committee to identify at least five qualified candidates in February 2013.

Do the coaches fly commercial when recruiting? I'm pretty sure they do most of the time because I've been on flights with Chip Kelly and Butch Davis.

I'm pretty sure that this is a private jet which I'm sure DM or Wis could afford.

No doubt and Wisky would surely send the jet and pay the tab. If it has anything to do with Syracuse I think it's Cantor.

One more thought. The University of Wisconsin - Madison is also in the middle of hiring a new Chancellor. Maybe they interviewed Nancy Cantor. She's out at Syracuse so she needs a job, she's been a Big 10 Chancellor before and she would surely take a private jet direct to Madison.

"The search timetable calls for the committee to identify at least five qualified candidates in February 2013.

and she fits the political profile of the school to a T.

Its not Nancy...she's out of the country

Just FYI, Doug is on the front page of the Wisconsin S site.

From what I hear from 2nd hand sources... He has interviewed for the job.

Lol this is crazy, lets hope doug is just using this for leverage. I would be forced to root for wisconsin next year, thats how much i like Marrone

From what I hear from 2nd hand sources... He has interviewed for the job.
I know you're not one to stir the pot, so this is dispiriting. Something must have gone wrong on the hill, given everything Marrone has said about the importance of the SU job to him.

Would also leave us in a really crappy position if Hackett departs. There goes Zach Allen.

I know you're not one to stir the pot, so this is dispiriting. Something must have gone wrong on the hill, given everything Marrone has said about the importance of the SU job to him.

Would also leave us in a really crappy position if Hackett departs. There goes Zach Allen.
Not sure people are taking this seriously. You'd think the PS would have something to say by now!

Not sure people are taking this seriously. You'd think the PS would have something to say by now!
I agree, but it also seems strange that there hasn't been a big public announcement of Marrone's contract extension yet as well.

If it happens, would be a big setback.

Sure makes me wonder what is going on. If he took this job because he really wanted to restore SU football, he isn't finished, yet. SU is better, but not restored. Considering he said it was his dream job and he has not done what he set out to do as of yet, I would be very disappointed if he left. Since I believe he is a man of his word and honor, if he is really talking to other teams, there is really something amiss on the hill. Money? Term? Conflict with University officials? What is scary is that none of the connected folks have come forward with info oran opinion that would alleviate the worries. I'm not a worrier, usually, but this has got me thinking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom