Twitter Discover | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Twitter Discover

Nothing from the PS or any of the blogs. Nothing from the usual posters who are quick to deny or put a quash on this.

Can't be that surprised. If he goes, please let us hire an Air Raid guy or Chad Morris (pipe dreams, I know).

Sure makes me wonder what is going on. If he took this job because he really wanted to restore SU football, he isn't finished, yet. SU is better, but not restored. Considering he said it was his dream job and he has not done what he set out to do as of yet, I would be very disappointed if he left. Since I believe he is a man of his word and honor, if he is really talking to other teams, there is really something amiss on the hill. Money? Term? Conflict with University officials? What is scary is that none of the connected folks have come forward with info oran opinion that would alleviate the worries. I'm not a worrier, usually, but this has got me thinking...
No news is good news.

No news is good news.
No, no news is no news. It doesn't mean things aren't happening behind closed doors. "No news is good news" is not always true.

Regarding recruiting, it really sounds like Zach Allen is completely sold on SU the school, so I hope he would stick with the team and stay committed regardless. However, I don't imagine Doug will be leaving this year.

Just FYI, Doug is on the front page of the Wisconsin S site.
I went in and read the last four or five pages of the thresh about their new coach search. DM's name isn't mentioned other than listed in that box that someone posted here earlier.

There is a lot of talk about a flight in transit from Nashville (Franklin would be my guess) and a few other names i.e. Childress, Peterson and a few Midwest guys. Not one word about DM that I could find.

I would be VERY disappointed if DM left, but I refuse to worry about something...anything...beyond my control. Life goes on.

Maybe the "2nd hand sources" got their info direct from twitter?

One thing I 'could' believe in all this that I can entirely believe Marrone is the kind of coach Alveraz would want. In all aspects, on field/off field/salary expectations etc. Alveraz is a smart football guy and Wisconsin isn't a place that expects a homerun hire.
Doug and Alveraz go together like Balogne and Cheese. perfect fit

I went in and read the last four or five pages of the thresh about their new coach search. DM's name isn't mentioned other than listed in that box that someone posted here earlier.

There is a lot of talk about a flight in transit from Nashville (Franklin would be my guess) and a few other names i.e. Childress, Peterson and a few Midwest guys. Not one word about DM that I could find.

I would be VERY disappointed if DM left, but I refuse to worry about something...anything...beyond my control. Life goes on.

They had tracked a NetJet flight from South Bend to Madison on Monday as well.. Bob Diaco was the name attached to that rumor

re read

If DM interviewed for the Wisky job, it may be that contract negotiations broke down between DM and TGD this year - and yes it has been very suspicious no announcement has come forth. Even if he is a Syracuse guy, if TGD blew it and didnt pony up to pay him a competitive wage then he has no choice but to start looking elsewhere. I dont blame him if this is the case.

Here's how it works. Charlie Strong interviews for some high profile, high paying position in the SEC, duly reported in the msm and comes back to Louisville and signs an 8 year extension at a higher salary. Our guy sneaks off to Wisky and we find out about it on twitter and through 2nd hand sources. Oh and by the way, I don't blame Gross for possibly botching the negotiations for an extension if that is what indeed happened, I blame it on the fact that we crapped the bed the second half of last season and blew it the first 5 games of this season.

Marrone just landed at LAX Could it be the struggleing Lakers job

If DM interviewed for the Wisky job, it may be that contract negotiations broke down between DM and TGD this year - and yes it has been very suspicious no announcement has come forth. Even if he is a Syracuse guy, if TGD blew it and didnt pony up to pay him a competitive wage then he has no choice but to start looking elsewhere. I dont blame him if this is the case.

Didn't Doug sign an extension?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Definitely not stirring the pot. The person I heard it from doesn't have full access and isn't very knowledgeable about SU football or someone that would be trolling twitter for info... So they could have misinterpreted. But the interview at Wisconsin was brought up to the person recently by someone close to Marrone. I think the person who told me thought it was common knowledge (cause they don't follow this stuff).

I felt the same way when I heard it. My heart sank. Interviewing doesn't mean he's interested or going to take it.

I know you're not one to stir the pot, so this is dispiriting. Something must have gone wrong on the hill, given everything Marrone has said about the importance of the SU job to him.

Here's how it works. Charlie Strong interviews for some high profile, high paying position in the SEC, duly reported in the msm and comes back to Louisville and signs an 8 year extension at a higher salary. Our guy sneaks off to Wisky and we find out about it on twitter and through 2nd hand sources. Oh and by the way, I don't blame Gross for possibly botching the negotiations for an extension if that is what indeed happened, I blame it on the fact that we crapped the bed the second half of last season and blew it the first 5 games of this season.
What the hell does that mean? The entire season counts. Im pretty sure SU was 1st place in the BE this year weren't they?

Of all the rumor and innuendo I've read today, this post from the Wisky board makes the most sense:

"One of TGP's recent blog posts leads me to believe that Barry already has the new coach identified (i.e. the person he talked to 5 minutes after BB quit). IMO, it will either be Rudolph or someone one from the current staff will be promoted to HC (Partridge?). I doubt we can afford an outside coach to come in and turn over the coaching staff yet again.

Barry took some grief for not undertaking a formal search when he named Bielema the coach-in-waiting. So while Barry already has the coach he wants, he needs to "go through the process" of contacting other candidates. I think Mel Tucker's name plays into this, because he can satisfy the minority candidate contact. After all Madison is filled with people who are looking to protest something, so God forbid if we don't contact a minority.

I think this also validates the Peterson/Golden/Chryst rumors which BA has to love. BA can validate his hire of an assistant, because he can say that he looked at other HCs, but none wanted the job. Meanwhile he hires an assistant and the guy he wanted all along."

Btw, practically no mention of DM on their board.

I have no idea if he is interested or interviewed with Wisky. But how long ago did their coach quit? I only wonder because maybe if there is any truth to these rumors, it is old news just now surfacing. Did this interest happen a few weeks ago? On the flip side, I had heard that he has now signed a 2 year extyension with a hefty pay raise. So "maybe" the pay raise came after the Wisky interest? Again, I know nothing factually about Wisky, just piecing some things together IF it is true.

I believe HCDM when he say's that this is his "dream job". I have no reason to doubt him on that, and I have no reason to believe that he has interviewed elsewhere. That being said, what is worrying me is the amount of HC turnover that has occurred so far. That means that there will be a LOT of searches for asst. coaches to fill new staff's. My big worry in all of this is will our assist's jump ship? Maybe the rumor on HCDM was misunderstood and it was actually Shafer being interviewed?

I have no idea if he is interested or interviewed with Wisky. But how long ago did their coach quit? I only wonder because maybe if there is any truth to these rumors, it is old news just now surfacing. Did this interest happen a few weeks ago? On the flip side, I had heard that he has now signed a 2 year extyension with a hefty pay raise. So "maybe" the pay raise came after the Wisky interest? Again, I know nothing factually about Wisky, just piecing some things together IF it is true.
2 years? Does that even make sense? How can he recruit if he can't tell prospects that his current contract runs through the end of even a non-redshirt 4-year stint?

And what the hell would the AD be expecting? BCS bowl in the next 2 years or you're done? Smells kinda fishy to me.

FYI

HCDM was in California Monday, Nevada Tuesday and Texas today...visiting commits and recruits

What are your thoughts on the 2 years? Assuming this is fact, what motive is behind this other than financial protection of the athletic program?

Is DG playing with fire by doing this? There are 3 possible outcomes now. Either the program starts losing again which is obviously bad for the program (unlikely). Or if the program continues on this trajectory, DG is setting HCDM for either a HUGE payday in 2 years OR risks losing him to a higher bidder.

If HCDM was agreeable, I wouldve locked him up for 5 years. The evidence is there that he can keep this program headed in the right direction

FYI

HCDM was in California Monday, Nevada Tuesday and Texas today...visiting commits and recruits

Nevada has an N in it. WisconsiN has two Ns in it.

CONNECT THE DOTS PEOPLE, HE'S GONE!!!1!1!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom