Two things from the BE Conference meetings | Syracusefan.com

Two things from the BE Conference meetings

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
The fact that they held the meeting on Georgetown's campus - a basketball only member - seems to me to say something symbolically about the direction they are headed. I don't know whether it was intentional or not, but almost says Basketball is still driving the bus and they haven't yet realized that they are playing in a football world.

That bodes really badly for the remaining football schools in the conference...UConn, Rutgers, TCU, WVU, Cincy, Louisville and USF.

Maybe it is a step in the right direction that the meeting wasn't held in Providence.

I think I saw a deal on Big East membership in my Groupon this morning. 50% off full membership. Seems like its open season for Big East Membership....everyone with a pulse will be considered for membership. Is there even a method behind their madness at this point? Temple, Army, Navy, Air Force, East Carolina, Memphis, Central Florida. It might just be time for the conference to come up with some semblance of a strategy other than "getting to a number" or they will need to install a turnstile to allow them to keep count as the members come and go.

The fact that they held the meeting on Georgetown's campus - a basketball only member - seems to me to say something symbolically about the direction they are headed. I don't know whether it was intentional or not, but almost says Basketball is still driving the bus and they haven't yet realized that they are playing in a football world.

That bodes really badly for the remaining football schools in the conference...UConn, Rutgers, TCU, WVU, Cincy, Louisville and USF.

Maybe it is a step in the right direction that the meeting wasn't held in Providence.

I think I saw a deal on Big East membership in my Groupon this morning. 50% off full membership. Seems like its open season for Big East Membership....everyone with a pulse will be considered for membership. Is there even a method behind their madness at this point? Temple, Army, Navy, Air Force, East Carolina, Memphis, Central Florida. It might just be time for the conference to come up with some semblance of a strategy other than "getting to a number" or they will need to install a turnstile to allow them to keep count as the members come and go.

^ "It might just be time for the conference to come up with some semblance of a strategy other than 'getting to a number' or they will need to install a turnstile to allow them to keep count as the members come and go."

- Methinks you are correct.

As long as Providence is in charge, basketball will always drive the bus. These guys just don't get it. If you want to have a nice little CYO hoops conference, have at it. But get out of the way of the big boys. Oh Lord

Turnstiles is a new key word for the New New Big East. I hate leaving, but I am glad we are gone. I hope to keep some rivalries alive and not lose too much from the change, but I begrudgingly agree we have made the right move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom