Tyler Cavanaugh | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Cavanaugh

Louie and Bouie

Starter
He looked really good tonite. Offensively polished play and good work on the boards. Haven't seen much of him and didn't follow him in high school. Certainly know the name and his connection to the team. Anyway, was wondering what the staff or recruitniks thought of his game and how close he may have been to coming here. I'm thinking it has something to do with his defensive liabilities in the zone. Just wondering as he certainly looks like he could turn in to a helluva ballplayer.

His final three choices were Wake, ND and Cuse. Decided on Wake because he could play sooner.

This was all forseen by NostraBeohiem . Muhahahaha.

Donna Ditota ‏@DonnaDitota1 9m
Tyler Cavanaugh scores 20, grabs 6 boards as Wake bounces No. 4 Duke 82-72. The J-D grad was very good tonight.

But he is a Syracuse guy at heart. Had our backs tonight, lol. Won this for the Cuse!!!!

He was definitely recruited by SU but I don't believe he was a priority. In high school he was known mainly as an outside threat. Dejuan Coleman was the focus of our recruiting efforts. He has really diversified his game becoming more of an inside player , rebounder, who can occasionally make the outside shot. He didn't turn out to be the sharp shooter in college that he was in high school but has learned to bang inside. He lost his starting position at Wake and now comes off the bench. I also think he had a late growth spurt of 2 inches or so.

Last edited:
Tyler Lydon is kind of like Cavanaugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom