Tyler Ennis Fiba U19 World Championship | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis Fiba U19 World Championship

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/13883/08/28/69/59gbIXOqytkg/
The Creator gets busy again with 28pts, 7rbs, 2ast, but Canada blows a 13pts 1st qtr lead and lost to Lithuania 82-76. Canada was basically a two man team again with Ennis and Lyles doing the heavy pulling.

so your telling me he knows how to score?? Cant believe Canadas results in this tourney, but then again...completely different team and players then last yrs. Nice to see Tyler's #'s, esp those ppg #s!

so your telling me he knows how to score?? Cant believe Canadas results in this tourney, but then again...completely different team and players then last yrs. Nice to see Tyler's #'s, esp those ppg #s!
If Canada had Wiggy, then imho I think they would have only lost about one game so far. Ennis and Lyles have kept them competitive in all of these games without much help, and it's hard to imagine if Wiggy was playing that the outcome wouldn't be different.

Given the fact that Tyler is our only PG, should we even be happy that he is playing for Canada? Is this just unneeded mileage? I'm assuming he logs tons of minutes this season...

Given the fact that Tyler is our only PG, should we even be happy that he is playing for Canada? Is this just unneeded mileage? I'm assuming he logs tons of minutes this season...
I'm happy he's playing. He is sharpening his sheeit against some of the best player, at his age, in the world. He is cutting his teeth and gaining confidence. I like it.

Yes. Great competition and confidence builder for him as he gets ready to kick a$$ this season. He's 19, the mileage should be fine and steady for his 2-3 years at SU.

Yes. Great competition and confidence builder for him as he gets ready to kick a$$ this season. He's 19, the mileage should be fine and steady for his 2-3 years at SU.
I hope you're right, but one of my biggest gripes about JB is that he drives starters into the ground with too many regular season minutes... Essentially to just get W's... Cheating our team's bench depth and sapping starters' post season legs...

I hope you're right, but one of my biggest gripes about JB is that he drives starters into the ground with too many regular season minutes... Essentially to just get W's... Cheating our team's bench depth and sapping starters' post season legs...

LOL. These kids are in great shape! There are like 3-4 long TV timeouts per half if they are worn out by playing 38min for 40 games over 5 months thats on them IMO. Bench depth you have a point but really only if you have an injury or play a certian style like pressing. Usually there is enough of a drop off from the 7th player on that its not that helpful getting the 8th guy big minute unless there is an injury. We are stockpiled right now with a very tallented group and we could see an actual 8.5 man rotation in meaningful games this year but who knows.

LOL. These kids are in great shape! There are like 3-4 long TV timeouts per half if they are worn out by playing 38min for 40 games over 5 months thats on them IMO. Bench depth you have a point but really only if you have an injury or play a certian style like pressing. Usually there is enough of a drop off from the 7th player on that its not that helpful getting the 8th guy big minute unless there is an injury. We are stockpiled right now with a very tallented group and we could see an actual 8.5 man rotation in meaningful games this year but who knows.
Ok, I'll give you the fact that kids do get a lot more rest during games these days, especially in the Tournament... And our depth has been great lately, e.g. Dion coming off the bench... But historically, how many times has stuff like this come up to bite us in the end, with a late season injury or tired legs?

If he puts up 11 and 6 he may well be a one and done. After all, MCW was about 12 and 7.

I'd be content with 9 and 5 and a successful season, especially if he can knock down 33-35% from three, 75+% from the line, and have an assist to turnover ratio of about 2.5-to-1.

MCW has measureables that TE does not. MCW draft position was based on projectability , not so much on his actual performance or numbers

Hes not a 32 year old running back and this is not the nfl. I wouldn't worry about that.

Ennis will make us forget MCW pretty quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so after the first game Tyler put up 25 26 and 28 points in the last three games. I think we are in for a heck of a season.
With Gbinije Dajuan and Tyler I am more stoked then ever. All three could be more consistant then Triche, KJO, MCW, Dion in recent years and then add Fair to the mix. We could have 4 first and second options :)

But historically, how many times has stuff like this come up to bite us in the end, with a late season injury or tired legs?

I would say never. Typically people do get roughed up through the season, but thats normal even with 5-6 minutes less per game.
Chemistry and consistancy is what kills us in march. Other teams shut down some of our better players. You go through the past performances and you would be surprised how many of our leaders had a poor shooting game, that wasn't based on attempts as much as percentages.

For instance this last year mich shadowed southerland on the perimeter he only got 2 threes off from not in the corners, and they doubled and tripled mike even before he got to the foul line and did a excellent job sliding with him to make sure he missed his layup all the way to the rim. Mike couldn't find a good assist off his drive either. Fair had his way and Triche played good but without southerland and MCW we were clicking on half cylinders not even 3/4 let alone full. Mike and Southerland weren't injured they had a whole week to rest up for that and came in full speed. Southerland just couldn't get going and MCW got stuffed and that really hurt our chemistry.

Now Gmac in the BE tournament might be a different story, or AO but AO wasn't hurt because of two many minutes he got hurt because he played with heart trying to win that BET game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom