Tyler Ennis Fiba U19 World Championship | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis Fiba U19 World Championship

Jonathan Givony@DraftExpress 10m
Trey Lyles, Canada's best big man and one of the top prospects at the entire tournament, is sitting out with an ankle injury.

Not good. Go get ya points tho Tyler;)

Well unfortunately for whatever reason ESPNU decided not to show the game live and will replay it tonight at 7pm. It's streaming live on ESPN3.
Yup, watching it streaming now. Choppy.
Tyler off to a slow start, picked up two fouls, last being a cheapy. Hands up, stood his ground.
2 points on 1/4, 1 assist.

30-22 USA after 1. Rathan-Mayes has picked up the scoring slack but is killing Canada from the foul line going 1-7.

30-22 USA after 1. Rathan-Mayes has picked up the scoring slack but is killing Canada from the foul line going 1-7.
Francis, doesn't it seem that the US U16 team is a lot better prepared/coached than this team?
Discipline, fluidity of the offense. I don't see that from this team yet.

Meanwhile, U16 played with a purpose, got the ball down deep to play to their strength. This team is all over the place, not as great a shot selection, etc.

53-38 USA at the half. Tyler has only played 5 minutes so far and I gotta think that maybe he isn't 100% health wise with the flu.

Francis, doesn't it seem that the US U16 team is a lot better prepared/coached than this team?
Discipline, fluidity of the offense. I don't see that from this team yet.

Meanwhile, U16 played with a purpose, got the ball down deep to play to their strength. This team is all over the place, not as great a shot selection, etc.
This team seems to rely more on pure talent and athleticism than having any real structure. It'll work against teams that don't have enough talent overall, but against experienced n rugged teams like Serbia and Lithuania it could become a problem.

i
53-38 USA at the half. Tyler has only played 5 minutes so far and I gotta think that maybe he isn't 100% health wise with the flu.
I think the issue was due to fouls. The Canadian coach is arguably the worst... but hey, he's Canadian.

i
I think the issue was due to fouls. The Canadian coach is arguably the worst... but hey, he's Canadian.
Fouls were an issue but the coach brought back in several other players with 2 fouls and Canada was struggling to score the whole 2nd quarter without him. Maybe the coach is an idiot, but it's hard to think that if your best player is fully healthy that he wouldn't have brought him back in midway thru the 2nd quarter.

Fouls were an issue but the coach brought back in several other players with 2 fouls and Canada was struggling to score the whole 2nd quarter without him. Maybe the coach is an idiot, but it's hard to think that if your best player is fully healthy that he wouldn't have brought him back in midway thru the 2nd qtr.
Yeah, I too thought he could have gone back in during the 2nd. He got some run in the third, but maybe you're right, that he's not fully 100% still.

Nevertheless, Canada is atrocious. Lyles couldn't have helped them.
Could have used Wiggy, but still wouldn't have been enough.

Watching this game, I can see why Tyler's assists totals have been low. Canada is the gang who can't shoot straight.

F-U-G-L-Y.

On the plus side, Tyler showed a variety of nice shot releases and finishes in the 2nd half.

Ennis finished on some well-contested drives, which I was glad to see. XRM was a bright spot but there was nothing else for Tyler to work with to rack up assists. They couldn't even hit anything from the line.

Ennis finished on some well-contested drives, which I was glad to see. XRM was a bright spot but there was nothing else for Tyler to work with to rack up assists. They couldn't even hit anything from the line.
Sorry, slightly disagree. I watched this game and although XRM had his moments, he was bombing away.

1/6 from 3.
3/11 or 27% FTs.
5/16 overall. He was hot early, but forced it from then on.
No guard should ever go 3/11 from the line. Unless they're shooting with their off hand. ;)

But as you said, nothing to work with. All of Canada was cold including our boy. What's scary is that US blew them away in the 2nd half and they didn't even look that great.

Sorry, slightly disagree. I watched this game and although XRM had his moments, he was bombing away.

1/6 from 3.
3/11 or 27% FTs.
5/16 overall. He was hot early, but forced it from then on.
No guard should ever go 3/11 from the line. Unless they're shooting with their off hand. ;)

But as you said, nothing to work with. All of Canada was cold including our boy. What's scary is that US blew them away in the 2nd half and they didn't even look that great.

Okafor looked really, really good though. USA was much, much bigger, especially with Lyles being out. Canada even zoned, with predictably bad results.

At the beginning, Canada's strategy (if you can call it that) was to just beat Team USA down the court every time and hope to find an opening. Then they just started launching and it got worse as the deficit continued to build.

Okafor looked really, really good though. USA was much, much bigger, especially with Lyles being out. Canada even zoned, with predictably bad results.

At the beginning, Canada's strategy (if you can call it that) was to just beat Team USA down the court every time and hope to find an opening. Then they just started launching and it got worse as the deficit continued to build.
Yup, good call. Both Okafor and Gordon looked great.
In fact, I just looked it up. Combined, those two were 11/11.

Jonathan Givony@DraftExpress 8m
Canada knocks off China 111-100 in triple overtime and advances to the 5th/6th place game tomorrow. Tyler Ennis scored 42 points.
comment-friday-damn.jpg

Need to see some highlights of this if any be out there.

The live basketball says i need to log in and/or register, will check the others in a second.
D'oh!
Yeah, I saw them link to it, but then stick to the FIBA links.
They are a little behind from yesterday's highlights, but I bet some will be up today/tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom