Tyler Ennis = Howard Eisley? | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis = Howard Eisley?

Eric15

Living Legend
I don't know why, but that comparison just popped in my brain. I feel like their games are quite similar.

An exceedingly rich man's Howard Eisley.

Howard Eisley wears Tyler Ennis pajamas at night.

"exceedingly?" Eisley did have a 13 year NBA career and was a huge part of those great Jazz teams.

That's a good comp, but I don't remember Eisley being this good.

Of course, it's not like I gave a crap about BC players.

they look alike.

heres to tyler having a 10+ year NBA career.

"exceedingly?" Eisley did have a 13 year NBA career and was a huge part of those great Jazz teams.

I guess I have a hard time thinking that anybody playing backup PG to John Stockton is a huge part of anything. I also have a hard time seeing thoswe Jazz teams as great.

I can't speak to how they fared as college players, but I think most players (Ennis included) would love to have an NBA career like Eisley had.

I guess I have a hard time thinking that anybody playing backup PG to John Stockton is a huge part of anything. I also have a hard time seeing thoswe Jazz teams as great.

I mean, he played around 20 minutes a game despite being a backup to Stockton, and that Jazz team made it to back-to-back Finals and went 273-105 while he was there, for a winning percentage of over 72%. I think they were pretty good.

I just recall Eisley in the NBA being a very patient and efficient distributor and scorer, mild-mannered, and having good but not great athleticism. They're also both light-skinned black guys, so that helps the comparison.

I can't go back as far for my comparison's since I didn't start watching until MJ's last two years with the Bulls, but the recent player that Ennis reminds me of a bit is Jose Calderon. I don't think he'll ever be a star in the NBA, but Calderon, like Ennis, is very good at simply handling the ball and getting the ball to guys as they come off screens. He's a weak defender (which I imagine Ennis will be in the NBA), but he's a really solid offensive PG and has a great shot (which, hopefully Ennis will have in time). But that's just me trying to project Ennis towards the NBA.

Last night I decided what I believe is the perfect knick name for Ennis. I think Superman is appropriate I have never seen another player at any level in my life time that has been able to repeatedly take over game it critical times game after game. He's nothing short of amazing. My expectations of him are so high to begin with and he exceeds them. I think this kid has a chance to be one of the all-time great guards to ever play the game. I'm starting to think he's that good. Only the truly great players have this ability.

Last night I decided what I believe is the perfect knick name for Ennis. I think Superman is appropriate

Pretty sure Dwight Howard and Shaq before him have this nick.

Pretty sure Dwight Howard and Shaq before him have this nick.
yeah, well hes a PG and they are centers and ennis is better than magic, the big o and Clyde...hes the PG Superman, so there!!!!

Hey you never know he could possibly end up as that level of player. I also said in my life time. I think he's a truly elite level player.

I like the Mo Cheeks reference. More old school thoughts: right- handed sober version of John Lucas?

Current guys, Tony Parker!?

I would say I like this comparison...but then I remember how much the Knicks overpaid for Eisley...and then I start having Othella Harrington, Keith Van Horn and Eddy Curry flashbacks...and it takes me to a dark, dark place.

That's a good comp, but I don't remember Eisley being this good.

Of course, it's not like I gave a crap about BC players.
He was a good player, on good, overall underacheiving BC teams. But Tyler is way above that.

Ennis is so old school smooth smooth never pressured unless doubled. I went through a list of the top 50 nba pg's of all time and didn't find a match I liked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom