Tyler Ennis = Howard Eisley? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis = Howard Eisley?

Being we seem to be having trouble assigning Tyler a doppelganger, I think this scene from Gladiator describes him well. It is what I aspire to say someday:

I guess I have a hard time thinking that anybody playing backup PG to John Stockton is a huge part of anything. I also have a hard time seeing thoswe Jazz teams as great.
Well they did win one championship. Oh no wait, they never called that push off foul on Jordan.

Pulling a name out of mein arsh, Jim Price L'ville. Early 70's. NBA All Star once. I'm sure you remember him. ;)

I'm sticking by my Steve Nash comparison.

Tyler just got HUGEEEEEEE props on SportsCenter. Whoa! Dubbed by many "best freshman in the country".

Try this guy:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rodgegu01.html
Don't let the shooting pct deter you. The league in those days shot in the low 40's.

Rogers shot free throws underhand, like Rick Barry. And although Rogers was a wonderful PG, that FT style was always ugly.

That being said, at the pro level, I like the Mo Cheeks comparison, whom I always thought was Norm Nixon's twin although separated at birth.

At the pro level, Oscar Robertson is the factor of 1.0. Everyone else is a function of him. At the college level, it's tougher because there were so many more, and no one gets to see all of them, but I'd think of Walt Hazard, Steve Alford, Kenny Anderson or Kyle Macy, for that elite spot. It would be difficult to compare Ennis to them because they obviously played in different eras, but also because they played for much longer. More recently both John Wall and Kyrie Irving probably could have earned similar stature, but of course ...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom