Tyler Ennis is one of the better Pgs... | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis is one of the better Pgs...

people tend to think players are what they were their most recent game. we have seen players dominate for stretches and then fall of off the face of the earth we have seen players struggle mightily..and then become all world...and then disappear. its a LONG season...some perspective is needed.

people tend to think players are what they were their most recent game. we have seen players dominate for stretches and then fall of off the face of the earth we have seen players struggle mightily..and then become all world...and then disappear. its a LONG season...some perspective is needed.

The difference is Ennis has been rock solid all season long. No way in hell he disappears in ACC play. Plus, season is almost half over.

It's quit evident in my eyes that he is in the top echelon of all-time SU point guards right now. I'm not talking stats, I'm talking ability to play the game.

STEVEHOLT said:

Have you followed ennis career? He's been this good on every level. He's the real deal. There will be no drop off. He's the biggest reason we have a legit shot to win it all.

If you just consider what he has done these first 12 games of his freshman season. I haven't seen a dominate of a pg for cuse. If he were to play all 4 seasons( not gonna happen) he would be best pg in Cuse history. The kid is NOT a shoot first player and hardly ever turns it over. He just knows how to play pg.

If you just consider what he has done these first 12 games of his freshman season. I haven't seen a dominate of a pg for cuse. If he were to play all 4 seasons( not gonna happen) he would be best pg in Cuse history. The kid is NOT a shoot first player and hardly ever turns it over. He just knows how to play pg.

Would I be right if I guessed that you are under 30 years old? Ennis has been great of late, but its about 9 games of great, some of it against relatively weak competition.

I hope he continues to show what he showed today...and continues to grow. It seems like every game his offense looks better and better.

I hope he becomes the best all time PG to play at Syracuse because that would really be saying something. But I have a hard time after 9 games (his first 3-5 games weren't played at the level he is playing now) declaring him to be better than guys like Sherm and Pearl who did phenomenal things for 3 years against what was probably better quality opposition (in the days before the one and done).

Would I be right if I guessed that you are under 30 years old? Ennis has been great of late, but its about 9 games of great, some of it against relatively weak competition.

I hope he continues to show what he showed today...and continues to grow. It seems like every game his offense looks better and better.

I hope he becomes the best all time PG to play at Syracuse because that would really be saying something. But I have a hard time after 9 games (his first 3-5 games weren't played at the level he is playing now) declaring him to be better than guys like Sherm and Pearl who did phenomenal things for 3 years against what was probably better quality opposition (in the days before the one and done).
I didn't say he was better than pearl and sherm. I said he was one of the better Pgs. Pearl and sherm are the 2 best Pgs in Cuse bball history and he could certainly get there if he stays.

I'm not ready to decide where he stands amongst the program's all time greats, but I believe this...

-I don't believe I've seen a better start to a freshman PG's career in the Boeheim era, including Pearl Washington

-The last SU player to start their freshman season better than Ennis has so far is Carmelo Anthony

-Ennis has been one of the top 5 freshmen in the nation

-Ennis is easily the best freshman in the ACC not named Jabari Parker

-Ennis is a top 2 (edited from top 3) point guard in the ACC and a legit contender for All ACC honors

Last edited:
Have you followed ennis career? He's been this good on every level. He's the real deal. There will be no drop off. He's the biggest reason we have a legit shot to win it all.

His career? really? I hope you arent' trying to include high school and AAU ball..because 90 percent of all D1 players were michael jordans for their respective teams.

against cornell, st francis..and minnesota, he shot a combined 2 for 23. that is nearly 1/3 of his career.

im not saying this to run him down..im saying this to at least try and introduce some perspective. ...although im fairly sure it wont work

The difference is Ennis has been rock solid all season long. No way in hell he disappears in ACC play. Plus, season is almost half over.

It's quit evident in my eyes that he is in the top echelon of all-time SU point guards right now. I'm not talking stats, I'm talking ability to play the game.

Already forgotten about the first game of the year along with a couple other stinkers he's had? (Or at least one that I remember where he went like 1/10).

He's probably going to be one of the greats in terms of Cuse PGs, but let's let him actually become that first.

He looked like this in Canada, from day 1. I see no reason too see anything but improvement. We are going to look back at the end of the year in Melo-like awe.