Tyler Ennis is one of the better Pgs... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis is one of the better Pgs...

There is no need to wait to proclaim Ennis a great PG because he already is one. Who playing now in the NCAA would you prefer . . . . . . . . . no one for me.

Off the top of my head, There's 4 guys that I'd say are better than him for this year. But we're comparing a true freshman to seniors and stuff.

I just need two years out of him and one title then he can go on the NBA and leave Cuse as it's greatest player ever - that's the course
he's headed on - and yes, he's the best PG we've ever had

He's the best freshman pg EVER at Syracuse and I love pearl...but it's not close. Pearls freshman year was much more up and down. Go look at the stats.

He's also the best frosh in the country. Parker is great, but Ennis has a lot more on his plate.

I've never seen a freshman control a game like him. It's eerie.

If Ennis can work on finishing off his drives to the hoop, he's definitely in the running for best ever PG at SU from what he's shown already
I think he finishes his drives just fine. The only weakness he may have is his 3 point shooting. The most impressive thing to me is that he does not turn the ball over. If he keeps playing like this, I don't see how he stays.

The question was who, you named no one.

In terms of who I'd rather have, I have no idea. It's hard to imagine what other PGs would be like on this team and obviously our team is playing incredibly well so far.

But in terms of "who is better?" for this year, I'd say Smart, Shabazz, Carson, and maybe Pangos and Appling. But again, that's different from saying I wish we had them instead of Ennis. I'm not sure there's anyone I would rather have on this team, especially going forwards, because I think we'll get another year or two of Ennis.

In terms of who I'd rather have, I have no idea. It's hard to imagine what other PGs would be like on this team and obviously our team is playing incredibly well so far.

But in terms of "who is better?" for this year, I'd say Smart, Shabazz, Carson, and maybe Pangos and Appling. But again, that's different from saying I wish we had them instead of Ennis. I'm not sure there's anyone I would rather have on this team, especially going forwards, because I think we'll get another year or two of Ennis.

Smart is the only one of those guys I'd say is a better player. Shabazz and Pangos are more or less shooting guards playing some point than they are actual pg's. And really no way either is better than Ennis IMO. Shabazz, LOL, really? Really really? All those guards are good players that you list but better pg's than Ennis? To me only Smart is clearly better and Ennis has only played 12 games.

Smart is the only one of those guys I'd say is a better player. Shabazz and Pangos are more or less shooting guards playing some point than they are actual pg's. And really no way either is better than Ennis IMO. Shabazz, LOL, really? Really really? All those guards are good players that you list but better pg's than Ennis? To me only Smart is clearly better and Ennis has only played 12 games.

That's fine. Like I said, I don't know if there's a guy I'd rather have on this team. I'm very happy with Ennis.

So who would the doubters take over him if they could ? Would you trade him for any other point guard in SU history?

So who would the doubters take over him if they could ? Would you trade him for any other point guard in SU history?

Who are the doubters? In another thread you've already ordained Ennis as the greatest SU player ever. So I guess when you put up a ridiculous bar like that everyone else is a doubter.

This is what I wrote after watching Ennis in the Jordan Classic:

Ennis: was a few plays away from a huge game, but I walked away extremely impressed! He was clearly the best floor general on the court. Had 14pt 6assist and 5rebs I believe, but I felt like I was watching a young Chris Paul seriously! Dude is a leader and a competitor. He is not the athlete MCW is but he is more skilled and deceptive than MCW. I no longer see him as a 4 year player.

I think I got this one right...but I love the taste of my Cooney Crow!

I'm not ready to decide where he stands amongst the program's all time greats, but I believe this...

-I don't believe I've seen a better start to a freshman PG's career in the Boeheim era, including Pearl Washington

-The last SU player to start their freshman season better than Ennis has so far is Carmelo Anthony

-Ennis has been one of the top 5 freshmen in the nation

-Ennis is easily the best freshman in the ACC not named Jabari Parker

-Ennis is a top 3 point guard in the ACC and a legit contender for All ACC honors

I agree w all these comments except the last. I'm not sure there are 2 better pg in the acc. So while I don't disagree with what you wrote, I feel it is too conservative.

Better than fshabazz and fboatrite.

So there's that.

Ennis is better than Jerry West in his college days...

Edit: But seriously, I think that Ennis fits this team better than MCW would. Today would be a game where MCW would have about 7 turnovers that turn into points. Ennis plays at his own pace, probably the one thing I love about him.

H
Who are the doubters? In another thread you've already ordained Ennis as the greatest SU player ever. So I guess when you put up a ridiculous bar like that everyone else is a doubter.

Hey he just might be the best SU player ever. I can say he's easily the most skilled I have seen including Carmelo an

I would say he's the most skilled SU player I've seen going back to the early 70s. It's not difficult to see superior talent. He understands the game and has mastered it better than any SU player I have seen and its not close.

I think your comparison of him to Billy Edelin is totally ridiculous He's so much better than him they shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence

I got the same crap from you and other posters when I said MCW was the best player on the team 2 years a go. And that wasn't close either. He was much better than Scoop or Dion and should have started. Once again the talent was simply obvious. If you can't see how superior Tyler's talent level is then you must be blind.

H

Hey he just might be the best SU player ever. I can say he's easily the most skilled I have seen including Carmelo an

I would say he's the most skilled SU player I've seen going back to the early 70s. It's not difficult to see superior talent. He understands the game and has mastered it better than any SU player I have seen and its not close.

I think your comparison of him to Billy Edelin is totally ridiculous He's so much better than him they shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence

I got the same crap from you and other posters when I said MCW was the best player on the team 2 years a go. And that wasn't close either. He was much better than Scoop or Dion and should have started. Once again the talent was simply obvious. If you can't see how superior Tyler's talent level is then you must be blind.

Most skilled player since the 70's...Over the top posts you make about players are as stupid as those who said Cooney was a D3 player. And no, 2 years ago MCW wasn't the best player on the team. And that's why he played little. And nobody ever made a comparison of who was better, Edelin or Ennis. That's just your inability to comprehend player styles being compared.

Most skilled player since the 70's...Over the top posts you make about players are as stupid as those who said Cooney was a D3 player. And no, 2 years ago MCW wasn't the best player on the team. And that's why he played little. And nobody ever made a comparison of who was better, Edelin or Ennis. That's just your inability to comprehend player styles being compared.
In you're opinion it's over the top.
over the top is your opinion. I think he's the most skilled player overall that I have seen in an SU uniform. His Overall skill set is unmatched. The closest you will get is Sherman Douglas and MCW. Time will tell if its over the top or not

over the top is your opinion. I think he's the most skilled player overall that I have seen in an SU uniform. His Overall skill set is unmatched. The closest you will get is Sherman Douglas and MCW. Time will tell if its over the top or not

Digging deeper and deeper I see. Just a heads up stating opinions as facts over and over again and then saying if other people don't agree they are blind kind of makes you look like a dick IMO. Now that is not a fact just my opinion from reading your posts, you may be very nice in person.

Time won't tell anything. Because what you like to do is think what a player is down the road is what they were originally. Like MCW, you think the way he is playing now is what he was 2 years ago on the SU bench. Ennis is a great player. One of the best freshman in the country. One of the best PG's in the country. But to say right now he is the most skilled SU player ever is just stupid.

Ennis is better than Jerry West in his college days...

Edit: But seriously, I think that Ennis fits this team better than MCW would. Today would be a game where MCW would have about 7 turnovers that turn into points. Ennis plays at his own pace, probably the one thing I love about him.
I think we had the right PG for our team the last two years. We needed MCW's ability to just create plays out of nowhere, just like we need Ennis' ability to control the game and get the ball to the right guys in our half court sets. We've been really blessed to have the two of them in back to back years like this.

I agree w all these comments except the last. I'm not sure there are 2 better pg in the acc. So while I don't disagree with what you wrote, I feel it is too conservative.
You're right. I hadn't accounted for Jerian Grant's departure from ND. Only other guy in the conversation is Quinn Cook.

I don't think anybody tops Sherm, but he might also have been the greatest college pg ever.

Ennis looks like he could be #2 though. I didn't expect that to be on the table this soon, if ever.