Tyler Ennis needs to shoot those 3's. | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Ennis needs to shoot those 3's.

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
Wide open. You have to pull the trigger.

You know what? Not even upset about the L on our record. We've been due. What I am upset about is how it happened. If we squeaked the game out it still wouldn't have changed the overall performance. This has been due for AWHILE.

I bet we see 5 threads about that play where BC threw it out of bounds off a potential travel. You know what? It should NEVER have been that close. We were up 13, BC is 6-19. 6-19!

Some notes from the game
- Fair was absolutely a black hole for much of this game. Forget the missed shots, that I can live with. The constant forcing of the ball should be unacceptable. People talk all the time about team ball for our team- that's not what we played tonight.
- Rak had a GREAT look at the end of regulation, tough roll. He also had great position for much of the game but didn't get the ball. Instead Fair drove left and bricked a runner (see point 1).
- Tons of misses inside.
- Grant had some very nice takes, cto said it in the chat, he deserved the ball over Fair.
- Keita must not be close to 100%.
- Did Cooney get off the bus?
- Dribble penetration killed us tonight. Guards haven't been great at stopping it all year- I made some points about that during our pre-conference schedule.

At the end of the day, we are 25-1, with some very, very tough games coming up. Been a lot of talk lately about "this team needs a loss, etc", while I don't agree EVER with wanting or wishing for a loss, it definitely should be a sign to our squad of-- hey, look at what might happen when you let teams stick around. The entire NCAA field consists of decent to good, to very good teams (BC is none of them, I said pre-game if we don't win by 15+ we failed).

Time to MAN UP for Duke! LET"S GO!

One more
- It's seriously strange why Tyler doesn't drive more. He is almost TOO conservative on offense.

One more
- It's seriously strange why Tyler doesn't drive more. He is almost TOO conservative on offense.
He is absolutely too conservative on offense. We need him to get in the lane more and create. I know more to's are going to come with that and we need to accept that but I think we need him to make things happen.

He is absolutely too conservative on offense. We need him to get in the lane more and create. I know more to's are going to come with that and we need to accept that but I think we need him to make things happen.

Yeah, concur. When this team is stagnant on offense Ennis needs to get in the lane a bit more, or at least be more assertive. And working the ball into Rak isn't a bad idea either. He was missing some easy ones (everyone was), but they're good looks, and that's more than what can be said for what we've been ending up with of late.

Agreed. That kick back 3- you have to shoot that. Best 3 look in the game, and all of our guys were underneath for rebound opportunity.

He's absolutely too conservative. When he gets in the lane were virtually unstoppable.

Yeah, concur. When this team is stagnant on offense Ennis needs to get in the lane a bit more, or at least be more assertive. And working the ball into Rak isn't a bad idea either. He was missing some easy ones (everyone was), but they're good looks, and that's more than what can be said for what we've been ending up with of late.
Yeah
Ennis is by far the best player on this team and it's not close. He should be the primary offensive weapon not Fair.
Just adding to this - CJ is a very good player, but he is a guy who needs to catch the ball with an advantage on the defender - an angle on a drive, or a guy running at him, or a guy pinned behind him in the post. He is not a guy who you give the ball to at 18 feet squared up on a defender and say "get us a bucket". Ennis needs to be the guy that gets CJ that advantage.

I don't get it. JB repeatedly gives the ball to Fair in positions where he is forced to make a predictable dribble drive. I have no problem with Fair taking shots, but allow your PG to drive the ball and dish it to him so he can hit a step-into jumper.

It's incredibly predictable and frustrating, at times.

Fair had a 6'2" guy on him. 6'2"!! How poor is Fair's back to the basket game that we didn't go to him once. Driving on the guy and taking tough runners or step back jumpers is EXACTLY what the defender wants you to do, to a T.

Bottom line is, CJ Fair is not the person I want taking 23 shots... I'd prefer Tyler... Not even respecting his three point shot. He has to shoot it to make them respect it and open some more things up because teams literally just completely pack it in because CJ Fair's basketball IQ and Jumper has gone MIA and Jerami Grants jumper has always been MIA. NEED another perimeter threat and ennis can be that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom