Tyler Lydon - NBA Prospect | Syracusefan.com

Tyler Lydon - NBA Prospect

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm all for players leaving early when they're ready.

No issue with Dion, MCW, Grant, Ennis or Malachi. They didn't have a ton to gain coming back.

Lydon. Is. Not. Ready.

-He does not have the strength right now to defend an NBA 4.

-He cannot create his own shot.

-He can't dribble or post up effectively.

If he leaves after this year, he will be signing a one way ticket to the D-League.

I think he has plenty of potential as a stretch 4, but until he bulks up with good weight (muscle) and develops some ball skills and/or post ability, he will never get a second contract.

He's someone who could absolutely turn it around, and we're going to need him to, but to date, this season has been very disappointing from him.

Someone please tell me that there's at least a rumbling of him possibly coming back...

Anyone who has read my posts knows I'm all for players leaving early when they're ready.

No issue with Dion, MCW, Grant, Ennis or Malachi. They didn't have a ton to gain coming back.

Lydon. Is. Not. Ready.

If he leaves after this year, he will be signing a one way ticket to the D-League.

I think he has plenty of potential as a stretch 4, but until he bulks up with good weight (muscle) and develops some ball skills and/or post ability, he will never get a second contract.

He's someone who could absolutely turn it around, and we're going to need him to, but to date, this season has been very disappointing from him.

Someone please tell me that there's at least a rumbling of him possibly coming back...

yup

We also said that about Ennis, Grant, Mali, and CMac. And they all left. It doesn't matter if they're ready.
Who is we?

Lots of us said they A) were ready or B) Didnt have much to gain coming back.

CMac from what I know was financial need driven. I don't think the Lydon family is in dire straits financially.

Everything you cite is exactly the reason that he needs to leave if he gets a first round guarantee. Far from certain if he came back that he would improve enough to even maintain a first round draft status. The draft is about potential. If Tyler is perceived to have it he goes high, if mediocrity or a lack of sufficient improvement manifests itself then he could easily fall out of the first round.

It is hard to say to any player who is likely to go in the first round that they should return. only way i see him coming back is if he performs poorly enough in NBA combines to fall out of the first round.

Everything you cite is exactly the reason that he needs to leave if he gets a first round guarantee. Far from certain if he came back that he would improve enough to even maintain a first round draft status. The draft is about potential. If Tyler is perceived to have it he goes high, if mediocrity or a lack of sufficient improvement manifests itself then he could easily fall out of the first round.

It is hard to say to any player who is likely to go in the first round that they should return. only way i see him coming back is if he performs poorly enough in NBA combines to fall out of the first round.

I can't believe we are even having this discussion after today.

I think he'll be back simply because he came to SU expecting to be a 4 year player; he was projected to be a mid-first rounder last year too. But "ready" doesn't mean much for the draft

I think people need to cut him some slack. He's been asked to do a lot and has come through for us much more so than not. If he had a little more help defending the other areas of his game might not be suffering so much. He has clearly demonstrated that he is elite D1 talent.

How does a similar guy like Justin Jackson come back for UNC? It happens.

Lydon actually has far more positives in coming back than negatives.

-Weaker draft class next year
-Needs to bulk up
-Work on his handle
-Will be featured even more to display any growth in his ability

Everyone I listed in my OP had NBA skills and a body for their position. Lydon is tall and can shoot at an NBA level, that's it. It's enough to get you in the NBA door but he'll need to develop much more in order to not be banished to the D-League/overseas. ...because his one NBA skill is unique (stretch 4), he will afforded plenty of opportunity to prove himself. If I were him, I just wouldn't waste one of those opportunities by coming out a year to early.

There are only about 4 kids in college basketball who are ready for the NBA. This kid will be a top 20 pick. Late 1st round at worst.
Strongest draft class in a while would disagree with you.

He should be embarrassed by his performance today...
Hes been less than spectacular for a few games now. Him and Roberson not showing up are really making this difficult. Roberson is a shell of a player at this point. Awful

Lydon. Is. Not. Ready.

That why he should have left last year. He would be getting paid, learning how to play his position, not center, and working on his craft.
His athletic ability and shooting would have put him well above Richardson in the draft.

Have you read an SEC Football fan board or any of the boards for UK, KU, Duke or Carolina?.. I'm just going to assume you haven't because this is tame.

I've been there. Duke doesn't criticize their players as much as us. It's comical. I really don't think you know basketball.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom