Tyler MF Roberson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tyler MF Roberson

The thing that impresses me with Roberson is his hops. Not just the hops, but the way he can do it for a whole game. That plus his ability to hold on to the ball. He could give Coleman some help there.

The thing that impresses me with Roberson is his hops. Not just the hops, but the way he can do it for a whole game. That plus his ability to hold on to the ball. He could give Coleman some help there.

This^^^

And the way he goes back up immediately after tipping the ball the first time. Insane.

The ability to pogo stick is what separates the great rebounders. Some scouts call it 'live legs'. Seikaly, Coleman, Hak and Thomson all had it. Add Roberson to the list.

01182016_S_MBB@duke5_LoganReidsma.jpg

More important than the hops--IMO--is how he tenaciously goes after the ball. That's what separates good rebounders from great ones--you have to want to go get the ball. Most players don't have "it" but Roberson sure does. Because on paper, nobody would look at a 6-7 1/2, 210 pound guy and pick him as one of the top rebounders in the country.

More important than the hops--IMO--is how he tenaciously goes after the ball. That's what separates good rebounders from great ones--you have to want to go get the ball. Most players don't have "it" but Roberson sure does. Because on paper, nobody would look at a 6-7 1/2, 210 pound guy and pick him as one of the top rebounders in the country.

And he has great hands. If it's close he's probably going to grab it. He's also great at recognizing when he doesn't have a shot and changes to tipping it out to other Cuse players. I'd love to see that stat.

And he has another year left -- sheesh

It's funny that a few people on here just a few games ago were talking about the 'fact' that Roberson was going to be coming off the bench next year because he doesn't give us enough offense. Where are those guys tonight?

At the heart of the change and renaissance the team is currently experiencing is the play of Tyler Roberson. It was only a short time ago we were getting totally used on the boards with huge rebounding deficits against our opponents. Certainly JB's return and contributions by others on the team figures into the rubric but Roberson's play in my opinion has been the difference and ergo, he is the difference maker.

I think TR made is body bend and stretch in new dimensions for this game. Holy cow that was a great game by an Orange player! I don't remember any games where a player got 20 rebounds ever. I will try to research it tomorrow. But 20 rebounds is insanity!!!

I can say, without even approaching hyperbole, that is the best rebounding performance I've seen by a college player in a long, long time.
I can only think of one better I watched, and it's been at least 12 years. Nick Collison with 22 very Texas I think.

If my wife and I ever have another son I'm going to name him Roberson Malachi.
Funny you say thisssssss.

My wife is currently pregnant with a boy, she asked me about 3 minutes after the game was over what names I am thinking about, I said Roberson.

She didn't love it but if we can beat UNC at Chapel Hill while he goes off for 15 and 18, it's a done deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom